2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Misguided principles in this case.

He'd put Trump in the White House if he were successful, which certainly would not make things better for the BLM movement. It would make things a million times worse.

Why? Is Trump going to successfully pass anti-Civil Rights bills that bring back Jim Crow? Come on, now.

Blacks can't afford another Clinton Presidency after what happened in the nineties.

Of course blacks along with all Americns will do better under a Trump Administration vs this status quo is extended

the young man thinks what's the difference, with Hillary he is a prop to be used, next week Hillary will trot out the families of recently shot black men, and if she needs them to be super predators for reelection, fine.

Last edited:
Well, the one and only positive to her picking Tim Kaine is that it will basically end the dynasty nonsense. Had she picked anybody young, that person would be almost guaranteed to be President from 2025-2033 and so forth...Kaine would be a boring 66 year old white guy in a leftward moving party by the time the 2024 campaign rolled around. I think the floor would be wide open for challengers.

Why? Is Trump going to successfully pass anti-Civil Rights bills that bring back Jim Crow? Come on, now.

Blacks can't afford another Clinton Presidency after what happened in the nineties.

You really aren't fucking paying attention are you? :doh:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I am paying attention. Clinton spearheaded welfare reform, mass incarceration and sent good working class jobs for the black community overseas via NAFTA. He was terrible for Black America and so was Hillary referring to young black males as "super predators"

Now, if you're talking about Trump's bluster and racist rhetoric...well, who cares? Yeah, it's awful and would screw with the discussion going on in this country, etc. but nobody actually plans to go along with him in building the fucking wall, banning Muslims, etc. It's just talk.

Didn't worship him. Was a lifelong Progressive before that. And he was obviously anything but boring...so, your point is?

Kaine, like Biden, will have nothing going for him. There will honestly be zero reason to make the guy the nominee unless you care heavily about passing the torch or about "experience"...I just can't imagine him exciting anyone in the party.

My guess is that the liberal heir apparent to Sanders, someone like Tulsi Gabbard will end up taking advantage of a three-way race between her, Kaine and Booker and there will be more than enough young people and liberals to get her over the top.

Last edited:
I It's just talk.

That's the thing, we don't know do we? He's a complete unknown, his temperament is that of a toddlers, what will power do to him? And his minions are out for blood, did you see what they did to Cruz? That gives him more reason to act on his rhetoric.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He's a great guy and would have made a great leader. He also would have won in a cakewalk and that's an inarguable scientific fact.

You're right about us not knowing what Trump is going to do...but you can say the exact same for Clinton with all of the backpedaling and flip-flopping. Honestly, the strategy is to stick to whatever lip service will make you look like a good person (gay rights, black lives matter, abortion rights) and then let Wall Street and the like run roughshod over the American people, just like her husband did two decades ago.

It's no wonder Kaine will be her VP. He's her neoliberal brother in arms.

"And you can kiss your gun rights goodbye if she ever gets into office." --Reince Priebus

Riiiight, just like you said would happen under Obama.

What a vacuous dog whistle.

Give Hillary credit for honoring her agreement with Goldman Sachs .
Heidi Cruz, mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, well all be happy .
Elizabeth Warren never had a shot.

Reasonable and clear thinking people will have to agree he would've easily been reelected and there was a 95% chance of likelihood that he would've been added to Mount Rushmore

It would have been re-named Mount Sandy for obvious reasons. He would probably replace Lincoln since Sanders would have been the one to finally free blacks from economic slavery. Things only got worse for the black community under Bill and Barack. A shame, but it's fitting that an actual Civil Rights activist would be the one to finish the job rather than a "Goldwater girl".

Instead, we're stuck with that. Ew.

"And you can kiss your gun rights goodbye if she ever gets into office." --Reince Priebus

Riiiight, just like you said would happen under Obama.

What a vacuous dog whistle.

Gotta continue scaring that base, right?

Frankly, though, given the way people at this convention have been acting and talking, I'd be pretty a-ok with Hilary making sure they didn't get their hands on a gun.

He's a great guy and would have made a great leader. He also would have won in a cakewalk and that's an inarguable scientific fact.

Given his high staff turnover rate through the years, and his rep amongst staffers in DC, he kind of has the reputation of being a huge asshole to work for.

I admire many of his positions. But "great guy" is the Kool Aid talking.

Oh look. He's appealing to fear.

In contrast to Ivanka's pro-Hillary speech (free child care for all!), Trump is talking about how dark skinned people are coming to kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom