2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruz is actively trying to help trump lose and Hillary win, he says go to the polls and vote up-and-down the ticket , vote your conscience , Which is code for don't vote trump.

I want to give him props for not endorsing Trump, but then it's all self-serving and calculated so, still, fuck Ted Cruz.

Thank you
If you want to say you are glad this may hurt Trump and help Hillary, I get that. But new found respect for a scumbag move, is really just saying ends justifies means.

it would have been interesting to see what would have happen if Trump ran good, but say lost by 100 delegates to Rubio,

I think he would have been gracious and thrown his full support behind him, to stop crooked Hillary.

Republican Jews express support for Trump in Cleveland

July 19
Bright spot for Trump

At a meeting of the Republican Jewish Coalition, there was surprising support for Donald Trump. At a noon gathering in downtown Cleveland, there were no empty chairs, reports Tom Hamburger, who notes that a kosher meal was served. Several participants said the mood was upbeat and rumors proved unfounded that there would be a drop-off in attendance by Republican Jewish donors, who some thought were put off by some of Trump’s more inflammatory rhetoric. In fact, several said that support for Trump was strong and that attendance at the summit was high. Attendees included big GOP donor and Las Vegas billionaire Sheldon Adelson, who sat in the audience with his wife Miriam and did not speak but seemed supportive of Trump (who was not there) and the speakers. Newt Gingrich addressed the group, as did former U.N. ambassador John Bolton.

Conversation revolved around the “high stakes” of the election for Israel and the world because of the threat from Iran and radical jihadists.

ted-cruz-his-phone.jpg

on the up side he got friended by Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Cruz is done. He will lose in the republican primary in 2018, especially if Trump is elected. Texans have turned against him. He used to be very popular in this state, but now we hate him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruz is done. He will lose in the republican primary in 2018, especially if Trump is elected. Texans have turned against him. He used to be very popular in this state, but now we hate him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way too early to tell. The party has no principles anymore. For 8 years all you talked about was how the country needed principled conservatism and then you nominate everything you've been railing against. If Trump wins and failing, Cruz looks like a hero. If Trump loses then Cruz is positioned to take the party "back to its conservative roots". The only way Cruz loses and people remember, is if Trump wins and he's doing well, which is really the least likely scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Cruz set himself up as the anti-Trump. If Trump continues to be an embarrassment (likely) and ends up getting crushed in November (TBD), then Cruz comes out as the only guy who stood up to Trump.

If Trump ends up winning, then yea, his political career is obviously done. He probably goes and signs a nice big contract with Fox and calls it a day.

And hey, fuck Ted Cruz. But Trump set this whole thing up to further embarrass Cruz, after a year of doing the same. He's still a terrible human being, but at least he's not a spineless tool like Christie.

Once again I hate to agree with this man, it's bad when THIS man is the sane voice in ocean of post fact vitriolic fervor:
Glenn Beck:
Support the candidate that you know will uphold the values and principles that the Republican Party has traditionally stood for! Vote the candidate that you know will protect and defend the constitution of the US.
Vote for the man who will not strike in anger, spread fear or use hate, but instead vote for the candidate that will embrace
Love, decency and compassion.

Trump supporters how are you not okay with that?

I would hope you would say what newt did. The guy who he believes will do that is DJT.

Why the boos? Why the vitriol?

Personally, I thought it took great courage to speak the principles of Lincoln at the GOP convention. Maybe just that fact says it all.

By the way, the 1976 Reagan speech did not endorse Ford either. Reagan said, rally behind our principles of freedom and work to show the world that we may be small in number but our ideas are the right ideas.

We either believe in ideas or people.

I have given up on people. I stand for the ideas that are proven to be true.

Vote for the person YOU believe will best defend the constitution. Don't sit at home, VOTE. We must also vote the down ticket. We need congress and the senate to be filled with those who will protect and defend the constitution as well. If we lose the house and the senate it doesn't matter who the president is, you will lose the Supreme Court.

#tedcruz
#cleveland
#gopconvention

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Watching the news roundup -- I think the only people who think "fuck Ted Cruz" more than people here in FYM are his own GOP colleagues.

More triangulation out of Bill Clinton, and anyone is surprised?

Cruz is doubling down this morning.

I think he's making the correct bet that Trump is cooked in November.

Marco Rubio has got to be the most spineless of them all. Either you show up and bend over like Paul Ryan et all did or you stay away. This lame video recorded is just more of the same from a guy who is nothing but a puppet.

[mod hat off]I can find no better example of the difference between Donald Trump's "we're going to be winning, it's going to be great, it's going to be yuuuuge, you've never seen it so great" bluster and the actual amateur hour reality. This is Michelle Van Etten, pill peddler, with a prime time speech slot at the RNC.

We can agree she was terrible, I called her the worst. But, I think if Trump was like that he would not have gotten the crowds out.

So far today
Two of the worst convention speakers ever.
First, Ruffin a business partner, just a bad public speaker
This women, Michelle Van Etten is painful to watch. SNL skit gone wrong.

The best part is her opening. The left, (even in emails I have received from the DNC) has said 'The Circus' was coming to Cleveland :up:

Last edited:
Also, lest we think that the fiasco that is the convention is just entertainment, a reminder of some of the things at stake if Trump becomes president:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/us/politics/donald-trump-foreign-policy-interview.html?_r=0

[DAVID] SANGER: But I guess the question is, If we can’t, do you think that your presidency, let’s assume for a moment that they contribute what they are contributing today, or what they have contributed historically, your presidency would be one of pulling back and saying, “You know, we’re not going to invest in these alliances with NATO, we are not going to invest as much as we have in Asia since the end of the Korean War because we can’t afford it and it’s really not in our interest to do so.”

TRUMP: If we cannot be properly reimbursed for the tremendous cost of our military protecting other countries, and in many cases the countries I’m talking about are extremely rich. Then if we cannot make a deal, which I believe we will be able to, and which I would prefer being able to, but if we cannot make a deal, I would like you to say, I would prefer being able to, some people, the one thing they took out of your last story, you know, some people, the fools and the haters, they said, “Oh, Trump doesn’t want to protect you.” I would prefer that we be able to continue, but if we are not going to be reasonably reimbursed for the tremendous cost of protecting these massive nations with tremendous wealth — you have the tape going on?

SANGER: We do.

[MAGGIE] HABERMAN: We both do.

TRUMP: With massive wealth. Massive wealth. We’re talking about countries that are doing very well. Then yes, I would be absolutely prepared to tell those countries, “Congratulations, you will be defending yourself.”

SANGER: Since your time is limited, let me ask you about Russia. You’ve been very complimentary of Putin himself.

TRUMP: No! No, I haven’t.

SANGER: You said you respected his strength.

TRUMP: He’s been complimentary of me. I think Putin and I will get along very well.

SANGER: So I was just in ——

TRUMP: But he’s been complimentary of me.

SANGER: I was just in the Baltic States. They are very concerned obviously about this new Russian activism, they are seeing submarines off their coasts, they are seeing airplanes they haven’t seen since the Cold War coming, bombers doing test runs. If Russia came over the border into Estonia or Latvia, Lithuania, places that Americans don’t think about all that often, would you come to their immediate military aid?

TRUMP: I don’t want to tell you what I’d do because I don’t want Putin to know what I’d do. I have a serious chance of becoming president and I’m not like Obama, that every time they send some troops into Iraq or anyplace else, he has a news conference to announce it.

SANGER: They are NATO members, and we are treaty-obligated ——

TRUMP: We have many NATO members that aren’t paying their bills.

SANGER: That’s true, but we are treaty-obligated under NATO, forget the bills part.

TRUMP: You can’t forget the bills. They have an obligation to make payments. Many NATO nations are not making payments, are not making what they’re supposed to make. That’s a big thing. You can’t say forget that.

SANGER: My point here is, Can the members of NATO, including the new members in the Baltics, count on the United States to come to their military aid if they were attacked by Russia? And count on us fulfilling our obligations ——

TRUMP: Have they fulfilled their obligations to us? If they fulfill their obligations to us, the answer is yes.

HABERMAN: And if not?

TRUMP: Well, I’m not saying if not. I’m saying, right now there are many countries that have not fulfilled their obligations to us.

Trump doesn't see any problem abandoning our allies in the face of Russian aggression. Because after all, money is more important.

Another gem:

SANGER: You said that they could be much more helpful with ISIS. I’m sure perhaps they can. The big difference they’ve had is that we’ve been supporting Kurdish forces that have been very effective ——

TRUMP: I’m a fan of the Kurds, you understand.

SANGER: But Erdogan is not. Tell us how you would deal with that?

TRUMP: Well, it would be ideal if we could get them all together. And that would be a possibility. But I’m a big fan of the Kurdish forces. At the same time, I think we have a potentially — we could have a potentially very successful relationship with Turkey. And it would be really wonderful if we could put them somehow both together.

SANGER: And what’s your diplomatic plan for doing that?

TRUMP: Meetings. If I ever have the opportunity to do it, meaning if I win, we will have meetings, we will have meetings very early on.

Meetings! I mean, why hasn't anybody thought of that before??

We can agree she was terrible, I called her the worst. But, I think if Trump was like that he would not have gotten the crowds out.

I actually wondered if there was something wrong with her. She has a really odd speaking style. It reminds me of a woman that I went to school with who had a serious stuttering problem which was corrected with the help of a great speech pathologist but she also had those awkward pauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom