2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. But it's probably the most meaningful poll so far given its timing, sample size and margin of error. Democrats would have had a cakewalk against the most despised Republican since Hoover ran for re-election, but instead nominated a disastrous candidate with a famous name due to a lack of political knowledge among that electorate.

If we get Trumped, blame Clinton.

Yeah, no. Just check out every other poll on Real Clear Politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Revolutionary Communist Party goes to the convention to burn a large American flag chanting, "Nothing matters but revolution!"
:down: class act, these find young people.

:applaud:

If you're upset about it, that's a win for them.

You hate the guy but respect him because he is petty and breaks a pledge.

Or you are glad he did not endorse him because if it is a close election this could make the difference?

I can understand in your narrow view how you might think these are the only two reasons, but some of us have much broader views of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The portion I cited was specifically you saying Trump would play well in Philly.

Nahhh. I was pointing out WB-Scranton.

We're both PA guys (fellow Nittany Lion?) and our state is going to ground zero for the election fight to come. Those Philly suburban counties will be the battle ground. We can expect plenty of candidate visits.

You say blue, I say red. All comes down to geographical demographics.

We shall see.

I detest Cruz. He would be an absolutely awful president. And what he did tonight was totally self-serving, so he can say he was a conservative leader in the face of hypocrites like Paul Ryan (his competition?) who sacrificed their principles to hitch themselves to the doomed Trumpwagon back in 2016.

But it still makes me damn happy that he did it.

Cruz would be an awful president, but Trump would be a downright catastrophe.

I detest Cruz. He would be an absolutely awful president. And what he did tonight was totally self-serving, so he can say he was a conservative leader in the face of hypocrites like Paul Ryan (his competition?) who sacrificed their principles to hitch themselves to the doomed Trumpwagon back in 2016.

But it still makes me damn happy that he did it.

Cruz would be an awful president, but Trump would be a downright catastrophe.

:up: Pretty much sums it up.

Did everybody forget the debate where all the candidates were asked to take a pledge to support the nominee.?

Of the other 16, they all have except for 3. Rubio kept the pledge tonight. He is in the best position for 2020.

I suppose some on the right might be happy if Bernie refused to endorse Hillary. If he made a pledge and broke it, it would only reflect poorly on him to me.

Last edited:
Pense came across pretty well,
So far a decent pick, net plus, not a grand slam, but I think of the choices, the best. Crowd loved him.

Nahhh. I was pointing out WB-Scranton.

We're both PA guys (fellow Nittany Lion?) and our state is going to ground zero for the election fight to come. Those Philly suburban counties will be the battle ground. We can expect plenty of candidate visits.

You say blue, I say red. All comes down to geographical demographics.

We shall see.
Upon reading your post again, I see that I misinterpreted your words. My fault.

And yes, I am a Penn State alum.

Did everybody forget the debate where all the candidates were asked to take a pledge to support the nominee.?

Of the other 16, they all have except for 3. Rubio kept the pledge tonight. He is in the best position for 2020.

I suppose some on the right might be happy if Bernie refused to endorse Hillary. If he made a pledge and broke it, it would only reflect poorly on him to me.

I think Cruz is betting Trump will lose, and he'll play the I-told-you-so card in 2020, and be in a great position to do so after Trumpism fails and the establishment takes control again.

And once again, HRC will be given a Republican she can beat.

Cruz is actively trying to help trump lose and Hillary win, he says go to the polls and vote up-and-down the ticket , vote your conscience , Which is code for don't vote trump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom