2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fact that the Trump campaign is already trying to deny the plagiarism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was struck how boring the whole thing was. There was some Congressman/Senator, I think McCaul last night, must have been the worst public speaker I've ever seen. Audience just about fell asleep. I thought the Donald was going to make this thing fun?

clifton-341x475.jpg

trump-475x354.jpg

The line up!!

Fear monger, racist, conspiracy theorist, D list "celebrity"
Capped off with plagiarized speech.
Beautiful night.

So, the official stance from the Trump campaign is to deny reality. Manafort says they are common words. Trump blames Hillary Clinton. You cannot make this stuff up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

Seriously... when is Ashton Kutcher going to walk out?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So, the official stance from the Trump campaign is to deny reality. Manafort says they are common words. Trump blames Hillary Clinton. You cannot make this stuff up.

There are no words. I was watching CNN's interview with the campaign manager this morning and the lead anchor just looked stunned.

The guy comes out to Queen at the Republican convention... Then his wife blatantly rips off Michelle Obama, AND Rick Astley?

Either some writers went rogue or this is just a continuance of the greatest performance art of our time.

I have expect Tony Clifton to come out Thursday evening.
We could just have Neil Hamburger do a live version of one of his Red Eye appearances and get the same thing.

There are no words. I was watching CNN's interview with the campaign manager this morning and the lead anchor just looked stunned.

Exactly.
This is the same guy that, when Chris Cuomo read his verbatim quote back to him about what he had said about Gov. Kasich, he denied he said it.
It's absolutely crazy.
And it's exactly what the base of the party revels in.
That whole show last night, was like an alternate universe, where black people are the reason for racism, and the man with not ONE articulated plan to actually DO anything is lauded as the savior of the country.

This is what the right has been brewing up for decades.

Exactly.

This is the same guy that, when Chris Cuomo read his verbatim quote back to him about what he had said about Gov. Kasich, he denied he said it.

It's absolutely crazy.

And it's exactly what the base of the party revels in.

That whole show last night, was like an alternate universe, where black people are the reason for racism, and the man with not ONE articulated plan to actually DO anything is lauded as the savior of the country.

This is what the right has been brewing up for decades.

Everytime I think about what the right has done I think about this movie:

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1468940392.157615.jpg

on a more serious note, does anyone think she was sabotaged? seriously. from the lifting of Michelle O's speech to the Rick Roll, it feels like a speechwriter was filling it with easily meme-able moments the internet would devour for a few days.

on a more serious note, does anyone think she was sabotaged? seriously. from the lifting of Michelle O's speech to the Rick Roll, it feels like a speechwriter was filling it with easily meme-able moments the internet would devour for a few days.

I think so. It's just too blatant.

There's only two options;

Somebody went rogue on the writing team and purposefully made her look stupid, or this campaign is, and always has been, a performance piece that's gone too far (and that they are consistently trying to self sabatoge, yet somehow find themselves even deeper trenched with each faux pas)

I honestly don't know which is more reasonable

Last edited:
Deep said Obama's a poor president. Must be true, guys.

As we all know, deep is THE arbiter of truth around here.

Your act is getting stale, deep.

Actually, BVS is the arbiter of truth. ;)

'stale' because he has a different view of the political paradigm?

A Cruz supporter could have been one of the writers

Or maybe it was orchestrated by the Trump campaign -- distract all of us effete liberals talking about something eggheaded like plagiarism while the convention continues its march into white nationalist fascism, complete with calls to resume and ramp up the Cheney-era torture program and to throw the opposition in jail.

Perhaps President Trump will personally waterboard Mrs Clinton over those emails?

Lost in all the plagiarism stuff is how unabashadly vile the first day of the convention was. Anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-minorities vitriol at its loudest. The RNC is basically a live version of the comments section of an article about President Obama in a conservative newspaper.

Almost has to be the case.

on a side note. Clinton is announcing her VP pick in my town of Tampa, FL on Friday. Would love to go, but not sure if i'll be able.
God willing it's Warren

I've been reading some first hand accounts from some of the Never-Trump contingency at the convention, and it is getting a little scary in there. Reports of white nationalists providing "security" for pro-Trump delegates, and groups following anti-Trump delegates into bathrooms with threats of physical violence and retaliation from the Trump administration itself unless they withdraw from the convention. Prayer held this morning, in which leaders asked that Jesus close the mouths of those who would raise a voice in protest, and put hands pressing down on the shoulders of those tempted to rise up in dissent.

Bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom