2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2016, 12:53 AM   #526
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,271
Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
I am telling you this because I am sick and tired of the defamation of Donald Trump by the media and by the Clinton campaign.
That's awfully rich, given the way the Trump campaign and some in the media have talked about Clinton.

But yes, let me pull out the world's smallest violin for poor misunderstood Donald Trump.
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 07-19-2016, 01:09 AM   #527
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,810
Local Time: 11:34 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
A big heart who loves people?

As long as they're not Mexican or Muslim, maybe.

Or female.

I had to laugh when I saw he chose the man who set Indiana back a century to be his running mate.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 01:54 AM   #528
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,262
Local Time: 02:34 PM
Well, he used a Queen song, so expect the surviving band members to issue a notice about how they don't support him or authorized their song for use at the convention in 3..2...

Oh god, I just looked it up. Brian May came out before this over a week ago saying they would never give permission. Christ, what a fucking prick.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 02:06 AM   #529
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,271
Local Time: 01:34 PM
This whole "music choice" thing seems to happen an awful lot with the Republican Party in particular, doesn't it? Reagan and Springsteen, Palin and Heart, Trump and Queen. I imagine there's been others, too. Do they just not care whether or not the artist in question would actually support their political campaign and beliefs, or what? Are there not enough conservative-leaning musicians out there that would fit better?
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 07-19-2016, 02:17 AM   #530
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Do they just not care whether or not the artist in question would actually support their political campaign and beliefs, or what? Are there not enough conservative-leaning musicians out there that would fit better?
Definitely the latter, and probably the former too.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 02:26 AM   #531
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Well, he used a Queen song, so expect the surviving band members to issue a notice about how they don't support him or authorized their song for use at the convention in 3..2...

Oh god, I just looked it up. Brian May came out before this over a week ago saying they would never give permission. Christ, what a fucking prick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
This whole "music choice" thing seems to happen an awful lot with the Republican Party in particular, doesn't it? Reagan and Springsteen, Palin and Heart, Trump and Queen. I imagine there's been others, too. Do they just not care whether or not the artist in question would actually support their political campaign and beliefs, or what? Are there not enough conservative-leaning musicians out there that would fit better?
You know these bands have a right to refuse to play at political events,
But to refuse some people to use recorded music they have paid for is bullshit,
Bands like Queen and Springsteen, a majority of their fans are old white people that are voting Trump, they should take half the money they have earned and throw it in the trash because it came from GOP voters.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 03:45 AM   #532
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:34 AM
On the plagiarizing charge, if you have not watched the whole speech
Here it is

Melania Trump Speech at Republican National Convention - Melania Trump at RNC 2016

Does the charge really have any merit?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 03:53 AM   #533
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,626
Local Time: 02:34 PM
I don't know why Ted Nugent songs aren't staple of Donald's rally.
__________________
Mack_Again is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 04:01 AM   #534
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Because The Donald is hip,
He had a good mix playing at the rally I was at.
many of your Bernie pals will crossover and vote for him, you can too, it is still a secret ballot
(you don't want you to go through the rest of your life having voted for Hillary)
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 04:09 AM   #535
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,626
Local Time: 02:34 PM
Bernie's rally played Stop (In the Name of Love) by Supremes and couple of other songs that lopped for a while. that was kinda good but tiresome to listen to them repeatedly for 2 hrs.
__________________
Mack_Again is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 04:31 AM   #536
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
On the plagiarizing charge, if you have not watched the whole speech
Here it is

Melania Trump Speech at Republican National Convention - Melania Trump at RNC 2016

Does the charge really have any merit?
Do you need to be educated what plagiarism is? Because it doesn't matter whether a plagiarised passage comprises 90% or 9% of what you said, it's still plagiarism; it's still lazy; it's still dishonest. How it fits into the "whole speech" is basically irrelevant. It's lifted from somewhere else without credit, and in this case from an especially inopportune source for her side of politics. Simple.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 06:23 AM   #537
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 03:34 PM
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...vity-gwyn.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 06:31 AM   #538
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,448
Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
"He will never give up," she said of her husband. "And most importantly, he will never, ever let you down."
I am now convinced that Donald Trump is Rick Rolling the GOP.

The only question I have left is whether or not he's as big a troll as Deep. I'd say it's close.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-19-2016, 07:06 AM   #539
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
Bernie's rally played Stop (In the Name of Love) by Supremes and couple of other songs that lopped for a while. that was kinda good but tiresome to listen to them repeatedly for 2 hrs.
Trump played a lot of early Stones, about 15 songs, that looped. They had walk out songs, Trump walked out to an Elton John instrumental, that built to a climax, good stagecraft.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #540
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I am now convinced that Donald Trump is Rick Rolling the GOP.


Note that his third wife did not insist that Trump is never gonna run around and desert you.

Because he's done that a bunch of times.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com