2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is proof, you, and I and some others in here predicted Cleveland would be Chicago 1968 all over again, I have to say I am surprised and impressed that Trump and his GOP team was able to have this event with thousands of scally wags there with bad intent and still let them hold up signs without breaking laws.

That poor BLM guy is so upset he may not even vote.

All this appeal to "law and order" and chants of "lock her up" and everything is dangerous and trying to kill you -- this is what a strongman looks and sounds like.

Once again Trump astounds, Kasich, Cruz, Jeb, Hillary all were salivating for blood in the streets of Cleveland. Kasich would not even ban open carry on the convention site, even after those cops got murdered, what a fucking scumbag he is.

All this appeal to "law and order" and chants of "lock her up" and everything is dangerous and trying to kill you -- this is what a strongman looks and sounds like.

do you prefer cops murdered, let Hillary and the dems have their convention turn into 1968

do you prefer cops murdered, let Hillary and the dems have their convention turn into 1968

Yes. That's exactly the binary formulation. If black lives matter, then blue lives do not.

Only Trump can keep us safe.

Even though 2016 is much, much safer than 1968.

Last edited:
if you are listening to what he said he said the kids in Ferguson, Detroit, Chicago, etc deserve to have safe environment and good educations

and he just said he would protect the LBGT community and the room cheered, and then he said as a Republican it is good to hear you all cheering for these things, this guy has mentioned more about those communities than any other GOP, Romney, McCain, Bush, this guy is for all Americans

if you are listening to what he said he said the kids in Ferguson, Detroit, Chicago, etc deserve to have safe environment and good educations

and he just said he would protect the LBGT community and the room cheered, and then he said as a Republican it is good to hear you all cheering for these things, this guy has mentioned more about those communities than any other GOP, Romney, McCain, Bush, this guy is for all Americans

This speech is such a mosh-mash of unconnected assertions that there's literally something for everyone.

I'm much more scared of the people in that audience than I am of the immigrants he thinks are coming to kill us.

This shit is so blatantly racist and centered around white identity and strongman appeal that I can't believe it's being delivered by a nominee of the party of Lincoln.

This is shameful. It's increasingly horrifying.

^ you are back on ignore, until you make me laugh again

This speech is such a mosh-mash of unconnected assertions that there's literally something for everyone.

I'm much more scared of the people in that audience than I am of the immigrants he thinks are coming to kill us.

This shit is so blatantly racist and centered around white identity and strongman appeal that I can't believe it's being delivered by a nominee of the party of Lincoln.

This is shameful. It's increasingly horrifying.

what is the basis of your racist charge? perhaps a copy of the transscript will come out and you can high light all the things you are hearing. I am hearing nationalist remarks, that is not racist. To be for America, Americans does not mean only white people.

Last edited:
what is the basis of your racist charge? perhaps a copy of the transscript will come out and you can high light all the things you are hearing. I am hearing nationalist remarks, that is not racist. To be for America, Americans does not mean only white people.

You can pretend dog whistles don't exist, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. He's focusing on black cop killers, raping and murdering illegal Mexicans, and bombing and shooting Muslims.

He says we have enemies. And all the enemies he's named are not white.

So if gay people are so welcome at this convention, then can somebody explain why the GOP still insist on supporting "traditional marriage", or why they remain anti-transgender, or the insistence on having religious freedom laws? Ben Carson did an interview recently where he basically dismissed the concept of being transgender, because according to him, it made it harder to tell who was a boy and who was a girl. And there was an interview on "The Daily Show" the other night with a pastor who said Trump would uphold traditional marriage, and supporters at the convention talked about how Trump would uphold "Godly Christian values". Somebody might want to inform those people of this sudden love for the LGBT community, then.

Either that, or Trump is, as usual, lying through his teeth about protecting them.

Last edited:
Trump: I can fix all of America's problems!

Us: can you tell us how, specifically?

Trump: I can't actually explain it - you know what, just trust me.

That's it, that's this whole speech.

Also, he totally only thanked his wife and Ivanka, even though three other children also gave speeches. And gave Ivanka a pat on the ass before he took the podium.

Awkward.

if you check into these things you will see platforms don't amount to much, the candidate is not even required to follow it.

Bernies people got some stuff put in, Hillary will do whatever the hell she wants, I doubt she will stand up at the convention and say that.

Trumps views on gays along with his kids are progressive, he stood up and said some things tonight and had an out gay man speak on the same night before him, so we need to end all this misrepresentation that he is anti gay, this man has a backbone, won't pander, speaks his mind, not always good, will step back a bit on some issues, he will make a great president, he cant be bought vs one that has been for sale and has taken money and will deliver them their VP pick tomorrow, Of course Hillary can make me eat my words and pick Warren,

Last edited:
He's just saying things. There are no policies here.

Seriously, if folks were paying attention he just said this:

I'm going to fix this(but I won't say how), I'm going to repeal this(but I won't tell you with what), I'm going to cut back our military presence but send us to war, I will make your waits at the airport shorter but make you safer, I will destroy the separation of church and state but uphold the constitution, basically I'll just tell you what you want to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Trump: I can fix all of America's problems!

Us: can you tell us how, specifically?

Trump: I can't actually explain it - you know what, just trust me.

That's it, that's this whole speech.

Also, he totally only thanked his wife and Ivanka, even though three other children also gave speeches. And gave Ivanka a pat on the ass before he took the podium.

Awkward.

Trump would actually answer that question with some bullshit like "we need to stop being politically correct, blah blah blah my negro and second class Mexicans."

So if gay people are so welcome at this convention, then can somebody explain why the GOP still insist on supporting "traditional marriage", or why they remain anti-transgender, or the insistence on having religious freedom laws? Ben Carson did an interview recently where he basically dismissed the concept of being transgender, because according to him, it made it harder to tell who was a boy and who was a girl. And there was an interview on "The Daily Show" the other night with a pastor who said Trump would uphold traditional marriage, and supporters at the convention talked about how Trump would uphold "Godly Christian values". Somebody might want to inform those people of this sudden love for the LGBT community, then.

Either that, or Trump is, as usual, lying through his teeth about protecting them.

They also support the right of parents to torture children until they pretend they are straight.

How fucking appropriate is this song? You can't always get what you want, but you get what you need.

So appropriate for the Trump minions.

Colbert couldn't write this any better.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

if you check into these things you will see platforms don't amount to much, the candidate is not even required to follow it.

Bernies people got some stuff put in, Hillary will do whatever the hell she wants, I doubt she will stand up at the convention and say that.

Trumps views on gays along with his kids are progressive, he stood up and said some things tonight and had an out gay man speak on the same night before him, so we need to end all this misrepresentation that he is anti gay, this man has a backbone, won't pander, speaks his mind, not always good, will step back a bit on some issues, he will make a great president, he cant be bought vs one that has been for sale and has taken money and will deliver them their VP pick tomorrow, Of course Hillary can make me eat my words and pick Warren,

I've said for over a year that I don't think he's anti gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom