2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #391
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
He's not for sale, but I bet he followed that sentence by asking you for money.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1468610406.897733.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	10785
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1468610421.047300.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	10786

Courage, as always.

I just loved his usage of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 07-15-2016, 03:24 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
The orange douche announces his VP pick (of another slightly orange guy) via Twitter. Classy as ever!
In the Oompa Loompa's defense, he had a press conference scheduled for today to introduce Pence, but postponed it in deference to the Nice situation.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:09 PM
Quote:
"Trump understands the frustrations and the hopes of the American people like no other American leader in my lifetime since Ronald Reagan."
*Snorts* Uh-huh...
Old 07-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Attachment 10785
Attachment 10786

Courage, as always.

I just loved his usage of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The warm feeling you get from seeing shrug guy is worth $18.81 for sure.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #395
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Everybody who endorsed Sanders got to cash in big when it came to political contributions as evidenced by the incredible amount of contributions received by Grayson. It was actually the more strategically sound move unless you were certain that Clinton was going to give you some plush cabinet position. After all, would you rather get a flood of donations from Sanders' vast network or just be the 431st prominent Democrat to endorse Hillary?
Old 07-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #396
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
The warm feeling you get from seeing shrug guy is worth $18.81 for sure.

Each daily email has comic relief. If that doesn't say "be my senator" I don't know what does!
Old 07-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #397
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
The orange douche announces his VP pick (of another slightly orange guy) via Twitter. Classy as ever!
Well, to be fair, it was going to be a Big Event today, but he cancelled that in lieu of the events in Nice. So for once in his orange life, I don't think this is worthy of a callout.

Edit: shoulda read the rest of the thread. Hewson beat me to it.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

Edit: shoulda read the rest of the thread. Hewson beat me to it.
Great minds think alike.

or is it 2 minds too small for 2 thoughts?
Old 07-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #399
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:09 PM
2 minds that are 2 legit 2 quit.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #400
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

This is going to be a polling landslide for Clinton eventually...it's just a question of when. Unless people really dislike her to the point that millions of expected voters don't even bother showing up, she's eventually going to grab all of those people on the fence.

She has 43 points in the two-way polling race compared to Trump's 40. If they just matched the 2012 totals, that would mean Clinton is 8 points off Obama's 51% and Trump is seven points behind Romney's 47%. But Trump's general shittiness and a demographic swing that continues to favor Democrats should mean he sits at about 45%, tops.

And of course, none of that is throwing Johnson into the equation. Ultimately, I think those Clinton voters that really dislike her are going to check her name off the box on their vote-by-mail ballots and that will be the end of all of this "worry" from certain groups on the left. It will be the first election in American history where the winner has nearly half of their supporters downright loathing them, but in a firmly entrenched two-party system, it was bound to happen at some point.

And let's be honest, she'll look like Mother friggin' Teresa when she debates that clown in the fall.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #401
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
2 minds that are 2 legit 2 quit.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #402
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
I think so. And it's exactly the key reason why I think Sanders would do better. Nobody that supports Clinton would not vote for Sanders in November.
No, it sums up everything that is wrong with your posts and the mentality of Sanders' disciples(not all supporters but the disciples).

You feel entitled. It's a double edged sword you guys made him, but you're also a big reason why he failed. You rant on and on about how you and Sanders voters will not vote for Clinton unless she introduces some of Sanders platform. But you feel ENTITLED to Clinton's votes without a single mumble of adopting part of her platform.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #403
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't feel entitled to them, I feel they're a given. A lifelong Democrat is surely going to vote for the Democratic presidential candidate when the opportunity presents itself. That's not on Sanders or his supporters, it's on people that are willing to check the D box regardless of who it happens to be.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:21 PM   #404
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
I don't feel entitled to them, I feel they're a given. A lifelong Democrat is surely going to vote for the Democratic presidential candidate when the opportunity presents itself. That's not on Sanders or his supporters, it's on people that are willing to check the D box regardless of who it happens to be.
Well you did say entitled.

Of course he'll get the blanket voters, but I think you're underestimating a couple of things; there would be a lot that would be scared of his tax plan and the fact that he seems clueless about how to enact some of his other "plans" so they might go looking for a third option or write in, you also are extremely naive about how much roasting and fear mongering he would get from the right. Yes, there is still a middle in America, don't fool yourself, and Sanders would be a hard sell to them. Even at this point he's still an unknown to most he hasn't been vetted and been in office since 91 without any big accomplishments attached to his name.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:41 PM   #405
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You say he's clueless but how exactly is Clinton going to enact her plans with a Republican House? Still waiting for an answer...sources from inside the Clinton campaign say she discusses this all the time in her close circle of confidants. It boggles the mind, really, that they think Republicans might be amenable to her when they weren't to Barack. Clinton is an executive action President and that's it. She's never going to pass a major bill through Congress unless it's a complete "fuck you" to the left.

What are Clinton's big accomplishments in office? Voting for the Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind and the Iraq War? Taking a stand against something like Sanders did at various key points in recent American history is just as valuable as supporting something that passes. And in the case of those examples I just gave, morally right and courageous.