2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he not allowed to have his own view though?

If he wants to be opinionated as a MOD, create a 2nd handle. That's what MODS do on nearly every message board I've been on.

Great sourcing as always. You allow anger to guide your posts. I've noticed when someone doesn't agree with you or challenges you you react with personal attacks, an f u, or you run away. You can't think of a time, you're just angry he doesn't hold the same view as you. This is not how adults do this.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks Dr. Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he wants to be opinionated as a MOD, create a 2nd handle. That's what MODS do on nearly every message board I've been on.

Thanks Dr. Phil.

Every message board I've ever been on, and that's like.... 10+, for 10+ years, I've never seen that be the case. I also don't know if you're screaming it or what, but mod is short for moderator. It's not an acronym, I don't know why you're capitalizing it like that.

Or he could just be honest, creating an alter would just cause more trouble. Diemen has called me out more than any mod here, and most of the time he was right. But I've never seen him play favorites, and I will defend his fairness. And if I ever saw you being attacked unfairly, I would defend you as well.

But attacking a mod, a member, or anyone without something to back up your claim will get you nowhere. In here or in life.

Every message board I've ever been on, and that's like.... 10+, for 10+ years, I've never seen that be the case. I also don't know if you're screaming it or what, but mod is short for moderator. It's not an acronym, I don't know why you're capitalizing it like that.

autocorrect

Having a moderator who is clearly bias and creates a hostile environment for people who disagree with him is getting tiresome as well.

I think that Diemen does a great job, but there's a more important question: is he literally the only person of the admin/mod team who is still active on this board?

It seems so, and it is a thankless job, someone has to do it, but mixing it up with people and then smacking them is confusing can have the appearance of unfairness,
Some of you old timers will remember Yolland, she had a different style, she never mixed it up with anyone.

I do believe Ben Carson just implied that Hillary Clinton is a devil worshiper

What really blew me away about this was the number of hoops he jumped through to make that implication. I've grown so used to bald-faced idiocy during this campaign that Carson's labyrinthine accusation caught me off guard.

He tenuously connected her with a man that wrote a small blurb "acknowledging" Lucifer in one of his books and, based on this connection, linked her (and the democratic party as a whole) with the worship of satan. It's baffling stuff, but I "acknowledge" his effort.

Last edited:
What really blew me away about this was the number of hoops he jumped through to make that implication. I've grown so used to bald-faced idiocy during this campaign that Carson's labyrinthine accusation caught me off guard.

He tenuously connected her with a man that wrote a small blurb "acknowledging" Lucifer in one of his books and, based on this connection, linked her (and the democratic party as a whole) with the worship of satan. It's baffling stuff, but I "acknowledge" his effort.

after I read Headache's post I went and watched his speech, I have the thing on my dvr, /i thought it would be bizarre if he said she was a Satan Worshiper, this convention has gone to the bizarre a bit with some over the top stuff. He said Hillary wrote her college thesis paper Saul Alinsky, in his book Rules for Radicals, in the front of the book, Alinsky praises Lucifer as the first radical that won his kingdom. I wondered if Carson, jumped the shark here, so I did some googling. Found a link to the whole book. And in the front the main acknowledgement is exactly that, and it ends with Saul Alinsy name under it.

so verifying true or false statement

oddly it rates, a true,

see for youself, link to book https://archive.org/stream/RulesForRadicals/RulesForRadicals_djvu.txt

Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very
first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to
know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which),
the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and
did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.

—SAUL ALINSKY

not an argument I would make
but some of the attacks an Trump are not any better - ah politics

Last edited:
I read all about it before I made my post. The "acknowledgement" of Lucifer by Saul Alinsky was a factual observation.

Points for debate:

-What an "acknowledgement" of Lucifer suggests about a man's character
-Whether Saul Alinsky can be referred to as a "role model" for Clinton at age 68
-Whether or not Alinsky's respect for Lucifer transferred to Clinton
-What an "acknowledgement" of Lucifer by a figure respected by a presidential candidate says about the crumbling moral state of our once great nation

I read all about it before I made my post. The "acknowledgement" of Lucifer by Saul Alinsky was a factual observation.

Points for debate:

-Whether Saul Alinsky can be referred to as a "role model" for Clinton at age 68
-What an "acknowledgement" of Lucifer by a figure respected by a presidential candidate says about the crumbling moral state of our once great nation

Yeah, it's absolutely mind numbing to think this is even a line of discussion. Trump has used absolutely each and every one of those rules, every politician has. Why is this an issue?

Alinsky was an atheist, therefore did not believe in lucifer.

Carson, go to sleep.

Points for debate:

You are right
I had CNN on for awhile, they were fact checking. They gave that justice depth guy from W. Bush Administration a clear true on all the emails lies. Did not see if they checked this one.

Fuck this campaign shit, I just want to know how Diemen will respond to Shooter McGavin calling him a crappy moderator.

this forum is for discussions about things like politics
attacking people, or posters defeats the purpose

this got side-tracked by personal attacks because I checked into the Carson speech and gave an opinion that I thought his remarks were factual

outside sources do fact checking - CNN has been doing this the whole Convention, so I thought I would look there to see if I needed to say they call it different than me, some of you had me thinking they might, I wanted to see their analysis and judgement

GOP convention speeches Day 2: CNN vets the claims - CNNPolitics.com

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson
Reality Check: Carson on Saul Alinsky, Lucifer and Clinton role model
By Julie Block, CNN
Carson claimed that one of Clinton's "mentors was Saul Alinsky ... someone that she greatly admired and that affected all of her philosophies subsequently." He also said Clinton wrote her college thesis on Alinsky's writings, and that the dedication page for Alinsky's book, entitled, "Rules for Radicals," acknowledges Lucifer.
Alinksy was a community activist, regarded as a radical in the mid-20th century for his teachings about people's empowerment.
Clinton did write her college thesis on Alinsky's life, writings and political views, though much of her thesis was analytical. The conclusion of the thesis reads: "In the first chapter it was pointed out that Alinsky is regarded by many as the proponent of a dangerous socio/political philosophy. As such, he has been feared -- just as Eugene Debs or Walt Whitman or Martin Luther King has been feared, because each embraced the most radical of political faiths -- democracy." This comparison to Debs, Whitman and King, along with Clinton's continued exchange of letters with Alinsky well into her law school years, suggests that Clinton had a deep respect for Alinsky.
Indeed, Alinsky personally acknowledged Lucifer in his book, published in 1971. He wrote, "Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins -- or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom."
Additionally, a Washington Post piece written in 2007 suggests Alinsky had great influence over Clinton's political ideology, causing her to switch from a Republican to a Democrat. The article reads, "Arriving at Wellesley, she became president of the Young Republicans, but she soon drifted left. She said that 1968, the year she met Alinsky in Chicago, was a watershed in her 'personal and political evolution,' marked by the escalation of the Vietnam War and the killings of Martin Luther King Jr. and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy." The paper also noted, however, that Clinton wrote in her 2003 memoir, "Living History," that Clinton and Alinsky had a "fundamental disagreement" about how to change the system. Because of this, it is a stretch for Carson to say that Alinsky affected "all of her philosophies subsequently."
Verdict: Mostly true.

Last edited:
It's a shame that Carson had to expose Hillary like that. I was looking forward to a spirited campaign, but it's all but over after that truth bomb.

Constantly. Worst MOD I've ever seen. Passive aggressive threats of banning people he disagrees with while not holding his buddies by the same standard.

You seem quick on the draw. That you apparently have no memory of the numerous times I've called out people who are similarly politically aligned with me doesn't surprise me.

But next time you want to hijack a thread and make it about a moderator's perceived failings, don't. Send a private message, but hijacking a public thread to air your grievances is the wrong time and place.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/2...Jefferson-has-beliefs-Burr-has-none-RNC-Day-2

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

Make America Work Again (just not Donald Trump)

Oh, so now they throw the speech writer under the bus but in a way where Trump looks compassionate for rejecting her resignation.

*puke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom