2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Republicans actually and actively deny it, and bring snowballs in to the floor of Cingress as proof that the globe isn't warming.

I mean, we've read the global warming thread in here.

I'm no happy polluter.

Now I'll spot you $1.5 trillion of someone's tax dollars....for 30 years annually.

How many degrees Fahrenheit can you get us down?

I'm no happy polluter.

Now I'll spot you $1.5 trillion of someone's tax dollars....for 30 years annually.

How many degrees Fahrenheit can you get us down?
I just hope the tax dollars you are referring to in this scenario are the taxes we are finally placing on the fracking industry.

I had a dream last night that i was working on Air Force One. Seriously. So i was part of the crew or something like that. We were taking a flight with Mrs. Clinton when she came into the cockpit and was talking to the pilot. She then went and sat down in a private area just aft of the cockpit. Since i happened to be in there, i started a polite conversation with her, i don't recall what i had said, but it may have been "Madame President..your pantsuit looks really special today." Whatever i said...she glared at me for a few seconds, then rolled her eyes, and got up and stormed out of the room without speaking to me.

A little while later, my supervisor came and pulled me aside and told me that i was not to make ANY conversation with Mrs. Clinton. In fact, i was not even to look at her period. The only (and i mean ONLY) reason i would have any contact with her was if (and only IF) she were to initiate contact with me first. And even then, it was "yes madame president, no madame president, etc."

While i realize that was only a dream, possibly fueled by allergy meds, it reminded me of something i had heard before from people who had supposedly worked for the Clinton's during Bill's terms. Supposedly some members of either the secret service or AF1 staff had secretly said that Mrs. Clinton was a royal first class bitch and treated them all like shit.

Obviously i have no idea if that is true or not. It doesn't really matter though since the entire GOP is an absolute train wreck and would fuck this country a new one like we haven't possibly ever seen. Royal first class bitch or not, she has my vote. :up:

Oh, and i almost forgot, Fuck Ted Cruz.

I graduated high school with a guy who went to the Air Force Academy and was a pilot on AF1 during parts of the Clinton and W administrations (he has since retired from the Air Force and works as an aviation consultant for a private company in the Midwest now).

I asked him point blank about Hillary at one of my HS reunions. his quote was "She's a bitch".

Told me some other stories as well, some fascinating stuff, like when flying to King Hussein's funeral, had 4 current and former POTUS on board (Carter, Ford, Bush and Clinton) and the seating/sleeping arrangements were divided along party lines, except that Carter asked to ride in the cockpit because he couldn't stand being in Bill Clinton's company.

I really love that that segment took the time to give us a proper breakdown of all the reasons why a wall/fence would not work. The whole thing about it not even being directly on the border, and people's personal backyards and other various businesses being affected by that, because of their "technically" being between the U.S. and Mexico as a result, was especially interesting and revealing.

I also loved the reminder that people who really want to get around a wall or fence will find a way to do so, be it building something to climb over it or going underground (or traveling to the western or eastern coasts of Mexico and coming in via the Pacific Ocean or Gulf of Mexico, respectively). Seriously, I love how conservatives sit there and say that we shouldn't have regulations or restrictions on guns because criminals will just find ways to get around those laws anyway...but then that same reasoning doesn't seem to occur to them when it comes to the idea of criminals finding ways around a wall or fence.

And in regards to the drug issue, of course, there's also the fact that building a wall or fence isn't going to solve our problem with illegal drugs being brought into the country, or the fact that there's a huge demand in the U.S. for said illegal drugs, meaning we're just as responsible for keeping the drug problems along the border going as the Mexican cartels are.

But hey, who needs any of that pesky logic and facts, right?

Last edited:
In efforts to distance himself from the constant 'racist' associations Trump taps Jeff Sessions as top security advisor.

The Onion will soon have to go legit if Trump gets elected.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just replying to Mrs. G's post. This was back before she was anything more than First Lady and a thorn in Bill's philandering side.

I found your reply very interesting. Appreciate that :up:

It's really no secret that people don't like HRC, no secret at all. She sounds very shrill when she talks, comes off as fake and/or dishonest, even when she barks like a dog. :lol:

But seriously though, its of zero surprise to me that people who know her would easily let a comment like "bitch" flow from their lips. I say this as someone who wants to like her so badly, despite the email scandal and various others, and despite the notion that she treats people (especially military - from what i hear again and again) like shit.

And yet here we are...she is the best option...and therefore she has my vote. Isn't 216 like the greatest erection year ever! :wave:

Last edited:
i really hate the use of the word "bitch" to describe a woman in a position of power. or any woman, really.

aren't there other words? no matter how awful this person may or may not be.

i really hate the use of the word "bitch" to describe a woman in a position of power. or any woman, really.

Considering all of the Bush = Hitler, TRUMP = Hitler, comparisons that have been made in here throughout the years and even recently, i think "bitch" isn't nearly as bad. But if it makes you feel any better, how about "female dog?"

Agreed.

And honestly, if she fits the definition of one? Good. People expect male presidents to be tough and no-nonsense all the time and have no problem with them acting like total dicks in order to get something done. Hell, that's a large part of why people find Trump so damn appealing right now. Wouldn't it make sense we'd want a female president who could act the same way? Shouldn't Hilary's being a "bitch" be a GOOD thing here? You don't get to play nice when you're president, after all, so I would imagine Hilary's simply playing the game she knows she has to play in order to be taken seriously and get things done.

(I'm not targeting this comment at anyone here, by the way, since I know people are mainly just reiterating what others have said about her. But if Hilary's "bitchiness" is some people's reason why they won't vote for her or why they don't like her, frankly, that's a pretty stupid reason.)

Considering all of the Bush = Hitler, TRUMP = Hitler, comparisons that have been made in here throughout the years and even recently, i think "bitch" isn't nearly as bad. But if it makes you feel any better, how about "female dog?"
I think the point is more that "bitch" has been co-opted so much by sexist assholes who don't really have any thought behind their stances beyond not liking a woman. Even if you have a very legitimate reason for referring to a woman as a bitch, (1) is that reason really related to her being a woman or is it really just her being an asshole? and (2) it just gets lost in the noise today. How do I know you're actually a thinking person and not just another douchebag who doesn't like it when women disagree with him? It's very hard to distinguish anymore.

I really think people in the public office, at least, should't use the word "bitch" to describe any women. that's just rude.

As much as I despise Hilary, I wouldn't describe her as shill or whatever people call her to be. I just think that Hilary would just end up just one of those president who's not-so-memorable without that much improvement in the economy or people's lives in general. not that Bernie would drastically change US as a whole but I think it's more likely that he would do at least something to change.

Hilary is sly/foxy (in bad way, without any sexual connotation) , not a bitch, I personally think.

I think the point is more that "bitch" has been co-opted so much by sexist assholes who don't really have any thought behind their stances beyond not liking a woman. Even if you have a very legitimate reason for referring to a woman as a bitch, (1) is that reason really related to her being a woman or is it really just her being an asshole? and (2) it just gets lost in the noise today. How do I know you're actually a thinking person and not just another douchebag who doesn't like it when women disagree with him? It's very hard to distinguish anymore.

Perhaps these people who refer to her as being a bitch could just call her an asshole instead then? I mean why not....i sometimes have called men bitches when they act like it and women assholes when they act like it...maybe that should be the new standard.

I do find it interesting that the term "bitch" has been used quite a bit from people who actually know HRC, which was my point. Not trying to start a sexist discussion, and believe me, im all for electing a woman as POTUS and i have no problem working for a woman in power either.

However a good point was brought up in the post preceding this one, perhaps that's what we need in office, certainly better than a pushover or someone who would be perceived as weak.

I just hope the tax dollars you are referring to in this scenario are the taxes we are finally placing on the fracking industry.

I think it's true that the individual states make out better on the tax revenue side, than the Feds do. It would be an interesting presidential debate topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom