2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case, Trump isn't anywhere near as smart as Hitler was. He's been debating against idiots to this point, and Hillary is going to make him look like a fool. In the end, it's going to be a landslide like we haven't seen in a long time.
Will she, though? When the facts don't really matter for Trump, I have a hard time figuring out a blueprint for making him look bad on a debate stage.

All she really needs to do is press him hard in the debates on how he actually intends to carry out any of the dumb shit he's proposed. The entire Republican field was bafflingly stupid not to call his bluff on this at any point. He won't have any intelligent answers and Hillary is going to make him look completely foolish. Of course there will be a large number of bumbling idiots who will vote Trump no matter what but I think huge numbers of the "ugh, Hillary" crowd on all sides will ultimately come around to voting for her in comparison to this jackass.

For me, indictment is my biggest worry about her. Followed by other concerns we've all discussed. I think Hillary's weaknesses have been covered in depth in here.

Mrs. Clinton would've had to *seriously* piss off The White House over the last months and years for them to allow her to be indicted now.

I can understand how it might seem refreshing to have someone who doesn't give a shit what people think of him. And you know, thank you, Mr. Trump, for making it easy to see what a giant asshole you are, rather than hiding it behind a politician's polished sheen.

But I simply cannot bear the idea of having a president who, every time he opens his mouth, makes me say out loud "Christ, what an asshole."

(Or "OH, FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE," which is honestly what I say whenever he opens his mouth now.)

Of course there will be a large number of bumbling idiots who will vote Trump no matter what but I think huge numbers of the "ugh, Hillary" crowd on all sides will ultimately come around to voting for her in comparison to this jackass.

Yes, and I think that group of unflinching Trump supporters, the ones for whom "the truth doesn't matter" or whatever, is not nearly as large as some are making it out to be. I pose the question again: what evidence is there that anyone outside of Trump's current, rabid fan base will vote for him if he finds himself in a national election?

Yes, and I think that group of unflinching Trump supporters, the ones for whom "the truth doesn't matter" or whatever, is not nearly as large as some are making it out to be. I pose the question again: what evidence is there that anyone outside of Trump's current, rabid fan base will vote for him if he finds himself in a national election?

I agree, but it's still early. Donald likely has a very interesting and contested convention to get through. Who knows if someone comes out of it with a big head of steam, or comes out a nominee leaking oil.

But to answer your question, if Donald survives and advances, he's probably still the underdog against Mrs. Clinton.

I agree.

We know, for a fact, that there is a considerable segment of the GOP base that doesn't care about facts.

I think in a general election facts will matter much more than they do in the GOP primaries. Look at how rationale and reasonable the Democratic debates have been. Look at the fact that Hillary has more overall votes than Trump despite the house-on-fire rubbernecking of the GOP primaries and supposedly all this increased turnout.

Other than some Sanders supporters who may side with Trump on issues of free trade, do we really think Trump is going to attract any of Bernie's primary supporters? The biggest risk is that they don't vote -- they tend to swing young, and young people are notoriously unreliable voters. I don't see any switching to Trump because they hate Hillary.

He is the descendant of Napoleon.

jon-heder-napoleon-dynamite-movie-photo-FC.jpg

I had a dream last night that i was working on Air Force One. Seriously. So i was part of the crew or something like that. We were taking a flight with Mrs. Clinton when she came into the cockpit and was talking to the pilot. She then went and sat down in a private area just aft of the cockpit. Since i happened to be in there, i started a polite conversation with her, i don't recall what i had said, but it may have been "Madame President..your pantsuit looks really special today." Whatever i said...she glared at me for a few seconds, then rolled her eyes, and got up and stormed out of the room without speaking to me.

A little while later, my supervisor came and pulled me aside and told me that i was not to make ANY conversation with Mrs. Clinton. In fact, i was not even to look at her period. The only (and i mean ONLY) reason i would have any contact with her was if (and only IF) she were to initiate contact with me first. And even then, it was "yes madame president, no madame president, etc."

While i realize that was only a dream, possibly fueled by allergy meds, it reminded me of something i had heard before from people who had supposedly worked for the Clinton's during Bill's terms. Supposedly some members of either the secret service or AF1 staff had secretly said that Mrs. Clinton was a royal first class bitch and treated them all like shit.

Obviously i have no idea if that is true or not. It doesn't really matter though since the entire GOP is an absolute train wreck and would fuck this country a new one like we haven't possibly ever seen. Royal first class bitch or not, she has my vote. :up:

Oh, and i almost forgot, Fuck Ted Cruz.

I'm still a little unsure where you stand on Ted Cruz. I think you like him, maybe?

We know, for a fact, that there is a considerable segment of the GOP base that doesn't care about facts.

I think in a general election facts will matter much more than they do in the GOP primaries.

There's a considerable segment of Americans who don't care about facts.

STING was socially pretty liberal and, while a capitalist, wasn't that rapacious. Nor was he at all a bigot.

He just really, really liked war. Thought it was a good way to solve problems. The question was never, "should we go to war?" It was, "in what ways could we address this geopolitical situation by using war?"

Is STING Garry Kasparov?

The Conservative Party of Canada has, to my knowledge, tip toed around actually ever acknowledging climate change. They certainly went out of their way to make it worse.

japanese gov't is kinda hinting planning on economic plan based on trickle-down economics. see? not all the non-US developed countries are advanced.

Can you name another major party in the western world that actively denies climate change?

I'm no happy polluter.

And off topic of the thread, I'll spot you $1 trillion dolllars a year, for 20 years. How many degrees Fahrenheit can you get us down?

The Conservative Party of Canada has, to my knowledge, tip toed around actually ever acknowledging climate change. They certainly went out of their way to make it worse.

But the Republicans actually and actively deny it, and bring snowballs in to the floor of Cingress as proof that the globe isn't warming.

I mean, we've read the global warming thread in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom