2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I found fascinating yet sadly predictable were the cries of fascism! from the reactionary sides of politics towards the protesters, not to mention this obsession with 'free speech,' whatever that term even means anymore.

What I found interesting was that Trump reached for 'Bernie' and his camp as the problem. Get the sense he regards Clinton as an irrelevance.

What I found interesting was that Trump reached for 'Bernie' and his camp as the problem. Get the sense he regards Clinton as an irrelevance.

He's trying to make it seem like she's irrelevant and make Bernie out to be more than he is because he understands he'd have an easier time defeating Sanders than he would Clinton.

Trump has become the clear front runner and likely nominee based largely on media manipulation. He got all the perceived strong candidates knocked out or undercut early with this tactic, and now he's trying to do the same to the democrats.

He's trying to make sure that his supporters hate the Bernie people because he's scared he could lose his people to Bernie because THEY ARE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME ANGRY POPULIST DISAPPOINTED WHITE PEOPLE COIN!

Also,

Trump = Hilter
Sanders = Jewish

You do the math.

Last edited:
CdW_5wwWwAAKof5.jpg

To get ready for Florida.

they serve a purpose, let's us know the reasoning capacity of those using them

if you learned this information through an educational system, they failed you

I think the better term is ignorant, but it seems many want to contort history to serve their arguments

true, America 2016 and post WWI Germany, these are silly comparisons for weak minded people

The fact that you're being deadly serious and don't catch any of the irony here actually causes me physical discomfort. You can't possibly be this stupid in reality and still be able figure out how to post here. I can't - I refuse to - believe it.

Last edited:
He's trying to make sure that his supporters hate the Bernie people because he's scared he could lose his people to Bernie because THEY ARE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME ANGRY POPULIST DISAPPOINTED WHITE PEOPLE COIN!

Also,

Trump = Hilter
Sanders = Jewish

You do the math.

I definitely think Sanders and Trump share a good portion of that crowd from independents, but wouldn't call Sanders a "white populist" by any means. Where his success is versus where his voice is are two different things. He's a purist, not a populist.

The fact that you're being deadly serious and don't catch any of the irony here actually causes me physical discomfort. You can't possibly be this stupid in reality and still be able figure out how to post here. I can't - I refuse to - believe it.

As long as people continue to encourage Deep, by responding to his posts as though he is serious, he's going to keep doing this shit.

Also,

Trump = Hilter
Sanders = Jewish

You do the math.

That's enough, Irvine.

Whewwww I'm feeling the Bern now

[TWEET]709180747177967616[/TWEET]

The paranoia in the comments is enlightening. "If we take military expenditures and apply them to education, China will enslave us in 24 hours! Learn to fire a gun you nerds!"

Last edited:
That guy is so well informed he apparently knows about the massive top secret super-advanced blue-water navy China must have built entirely undetected in order to get millions of soldiers and pieces of equipment across the Pacific to enslave the entire USA within 24 hours. I'm impressed.

So Jean Claude Van Damme went on a rant this weekend about how the NWO won't allow Trump to win. And now all the conspiracy websites have a new god. This could be bigger than a Palin endorsement.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Our presidential elections always only come down to 2 choices
with that, my preferences is for the best (or least bad) nominees

for the Dems, that is Hillary, easy choice

and for the GOP we are down to two, Cruz or Trump

and most of you are advocating for this man??

VIDEO UNEARTHED=> Pastor Calls for Execution of Gays - Then Introduces Ted Cruz at Conference - The Gateway Pundit

I think Bob is the only one advocating for that man.

your choice for the GOP nominee is either Trump or Cruz

as GOP supporters choice for the Dem nominee is Hillary or Sanders

that being said, most sane GOP supporters would consider Hillary the better (or least bad) Dem nominee

that said who do you consider the better (or least bad) nominee for the GOP between the two possibilities

I ask this question, because all the years I have been watching the elections, there is no sure thing, except either the Dem or GOP nominee wins,

Last edited:
your choice for the GOP nominee is either Trump or Cruz

as GOP supporters choice for the Dem nominee is Hillary or Sanders

that being said, most sane GOP supporters would consider Hillary the better (or least bad) Dem nominee

that said who do you consider the better (or least bad) nominee for the GOP between the two possibilities

I ask this question, because all the years I have been watching the elections, there is no sure thing, except either the Dem or GOP nominee wins,

Well playing Russian roulette isn't exactly the same as advocating. What I've been advocating is that the GOP get their shit together, instead they gave us the worst debacle in recent history; the evil we know or the evil we don't know. Given that choice I'd go with the evil we know because I don't think he has the math on his side.

in that case GOP supporters should want Sanders to be the nominee, because he will most likely lose to any GOP nominee,

wanting what is best for the country, I always want the best (or least bad) nominees to be selected, wanting the worst nominee on one side is playing Russian roulette, so put the gun to your head and pull the trigger :up: You deserve to have Cruz picking Supreme Court nominees and making presidential singing orders and the like, no chance of him finding any common ground with any Dems or putting working class people interests before insiders

Last edited:
I've said before I'd rather go with Trump than Cruz.

Cruz is a true believer, with him you know what you're getting - an uncompromising dominionist. There is no middle ground there. The only advantage is that I think he's completely unelectable but if things go sideways, well he'd be the last person I'd want in the WH.

Trump is a blowhard asshole without any real ideas who has probably surrounded himself with yes men his whole life to feed his elephantine ego. But I think he is already moderating his message, I agree with all those who have said here and elsewhere that at his core he probably doesn't care about guns, gays, abortion or religion. Clearly Mexico isn't paying for a wall, clearly he's already said as much to the NYT, and as astonishing as it may sound I think that he'd be a more reasonable choice than Cruz. He is more media savvy than we think and he's pegged the dumb and racist Republican electorate for exactly what it is. But he's unscrupulous and will leave them in the trash as soon as he focuses on the general.

This isn't to say I in any way support Trump, his lack of vision, his idiotic statements or first grade behaviour. But I think 4 years with him would be a throwaway, Congress would let him do nothing he wants anyway. He'd probably appoint his liberal sister to SCOTUS. 4 years with Cruz are more terrifying to me.

in that case GOP supporters should want Sanders to be the nominee, because he will most likely lose to any GOP nominee,

wanting what is best for the country, I always want the best (or least bad) nominees to be selected, wanting the worst nominee on one side is playing Russian roulette, so put the gun to your head and pull the trigger :up: You deserve to have Cruz picking Supreme Court nominees and making presidential singing orders and the like, no chance of him finding any common ground with any Dems or putting working class people interests before insiders

Everything you say about Cruz is true, it's why I despise the right for giving us this. I just don't know what we're getting with Trump. Is he going to start locking up people for disagreeing with him, is he going to pull out the launch codes when a country bruises his ego, they gave us someone who could potentially be worse than Cruz. Then what? Either way this country burns.

But it will be a great fire. Everyone will love it.

I don't agree with your assessment of Trump or all of his supporters, some sure,
that said whatever the anti Trump people in here are going on about, Cruz has those same beliefs dyed to the core of his person and would use his Senate skills and connections to move them forward with success,
I believe Trump motivations are for accomplishing what he believes is best for his core constituents, fed up working class people, and there is some common ground there across party lines, I also think he could use the bully pulpit of the populace to get some decent? things accomplished,

but at the end of the day, I expect Hillary to win, but prefer Trump as the fall back option over Cruz with a GOP House and most likely a GOP Senate, people should think of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom