2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Carson drop out?

I'm not sure on the official stance from the campaign, but he decided to sit out of the debate due to not having a clear path to the nomination. I think he might maintain his campaign for sake of a brokered convention, or just to keep in the spotlight.

Trump is scarier than Cruz for one reason; Cruz can't win.

Trump might.

That's why he's scarier.

Exactly. With Cruz you know what evil you're getting, Trump is like going out on a Craigslist date. You may have drinks with someone that doesn't kill you, or you might just be his next hide he needs for the wife he's building down in his basement. Either way it's the shittiest decision you've ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ccq-EE9WoAAydv5.jpg

Rubio seems to be fading. Kasich is in a totally different reality. Cruz's debating skills are evident. Trump still doesn't know anything.

Probably won't make a difference.

Kasich is the only one who comes across as halfway reasonable. The other three are hilarious and completely bonkers. It blows my mind two of them actually already hold elected office -and that the third is the front runner here.

What a spectacle.

if people want spectacle or superficial appeal, they don't deserve to complain about our shitty world, I think.

It is amazing how the rules don't seem to apply to Trump. The frustration is evident in Rubio. He looks exhausted.

God dammit, Donald really did talk about his penis size. I think i should stop existing in this world.

Last edited:
John Kasich is the best candidate in decades. He's not the sexy candidate and he's not the greatest entertainer, but he's qualified, sincere, experienced, and he's a leader.
Everyone else in this election sucks.
I regret not voting for him, even if it wouldn't have mattered.

John Kasich is the best candidate in decades. He's not the sexy candidate and he's not the greatest entertainer, but he's qualified, sincere, experienced, and he's a leader.

Day 1: The logical all said Kasich was the only sane Republican running, and Trump wasn't sincere.

Day 1: The illogical gushed over Trump and swore he was the savior of this country.

I'm glad you're coming around.

Day 1: The logical all said Kasich was the only sane Republican running, and Trump wasn't sincere.

Day 1: The illogical gushed over Trump and swore he was the savior of this country.

I'm glad you're coming around.

Ooh ooh, don't forget the slightly less logical but still far more logical than DJT "please clap..."

Is this a game of how many different candidates you can endorse in one election cycle?

The thing is, Kasich's record is pretty awful, there is no way I'd vote for him over Hillary (especially on social issues), but his temperament is so easily above everyone else's on stage. Even Ted Cruz, whom I find the most detestable, is coming across as more presidential than Rubio or Trump.

The NYT editorial today hits all the right points:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/o...=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article

I like this in particular:

Then came an open letter from 95 Republican national security experts, who declared themselves “united in our opposition to a Donald Trump presidency.” Of Mr. Trump they wrote: “He swings from isolationism to military adventurism within the space of one sentence.” Yet some among them have swung wildly in those same directions. Some were Bush administration officials who supported some of the worst foreign policy disasters this country has ever experienced, including the Iraq war. It is rich that they should now criticize Mr. Trump for policies that could make America less safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom