2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #856
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:29 PM
In efforts to distance himself from the constant 'racist' associations Trump taps Jeff Sessions as top security advisor.

The Onion will soon have to go legit if Trump gets elected.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 03-21-2016, 02:26 PM   #857
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:29 PM
Exuberant Trump Rally Crowd Bats Syrian Refugee Child Around Arena Before Candidate Comes On Stage - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

i really thought this was real news. almost, I mean.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #858
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:29 PM
"Oh look, Edge - a beach ball Syrian refugee!"
Old 03-21-2016, 03:39 PM   #859
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Violence Erupts At Trump Rally After Supporters Clash With Protesting GOP Leaders - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

"raised by wolves GOP, stronger than fear"?
Old 03-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #860
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Well there's some substantive criticism.
Just replying to Mrs. G's post. This was back before she was anything more than First Lady and a thorn in Bill's philandering side.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #861
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Just replying to Mrs. G's post. This was back before she was anything more than First Lady and a thorn in Bill's philandering side.

back then, Newt Gingrich thought she was a total B too.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #862
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I found your reply very interesting. Appreciate that

It's really no secret that people don't like HRC, no secret at all. She sounds very shrill when she talks, comes off as fake and/or dishonest, even when she barks like a dog.

But seriously though, its of zero surprise to me that people who know her would easily let a comment like "bitch" flow from their lips. I say this as someone who wants to like her so badly, despite the email scandal and various others, and despite the notion that she treats people (especially military - from what i hear again and again) like shit.

And yet here we are...she is the best option...and therefore she has my vote. Isn't 216 like the greatest erection year ever!
Old 03-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #863
Blue Crack Supplier

i really hate the use of the word "bitch" to describe a woman in a position of power. or any woman, really.

aren't there other words? no matter how awful this person may or may not be.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #864
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

The Onion will soon have to go legit if Trump gets elected.

Haha

Old 03-21-2016, 05:04 PM   #865
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i really hate the use of the word "bitch" to describe a woman in a position of power. or any woman, really.

Considering all of the Bush = Hitler, TRUMP = Hitler, comparisons that have been made in here throughout the years and even recently, i think "bitch" isn't nearly as bad. But if it makes you feel any better, how about "female dog?"
Old 03-21-2016, 05:06 PM   #866
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Agreed.

And honestly, if she fits the definition of one? Good. People expect male presidents to be tough and no-nonsense all the time and have no problem with them acting like total dicks in order to get something done. Hell, that's a large part of why people find Trump so damn appealing right now. Wouldn't it make sense we'd want a female president who could act the same way? Shouldn't Hilary's being a "bitch" be a GOOD thing here? You don't get to play nice when you're president, after all, so I would imagine Hilary's simply playing the game she knows she has to play in order to be taken seriously and get things done.

(I'm not targeting this comment at anyone here, by the way, since I know people are mainly just reiterating what others have said about her. But if Hilary's "bitchiness" is some people's reason why they won't vote for her or why they don't like her, frankly, that's a pretty stupid reason.)
Old 03-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #867
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Considering all of the Bush = Hitler, TRUMP = Hitler, comparisons that have been made in here throughout the years and even recently, i think "bitch" isn't nearly as bad. But if it makes you feel any better, how about "female dog?"
I think the point is more that "bitch" has been co-opted so much by sexist assholes who don't really have any thought behind their stances beyond not liking a woman. Even if you have a very legitimate reason for referring to a woman as a bitch, (1) is that reason really related to her being a woman or is it really just her being an asshole? and (2) it just gets lost in the noise today. How do I know you're actually a thinking person and not just another douchebag who doesn't like it when women disagree with him? It's very hard to distinguish anymore.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:13 PM   #868
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I really think people in the public office, at least, should't use the word "bitch" to describe any women. that's just rude.

As much as I despise Hilary, I wouldn't describe her as shill or whatever people call her to be. I just think that Hilary would just end up just one of those president who's not-so-memorable without that much improvement in the economy or people's lives in general. not that Bernie would drastically change US as a whole but I think it's more likely that he would do at least something to change.

Hilary is sly/foxy (in bad way, without any sexual connotation) , not a bitch, I personally think.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #869
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I think the point is more that "bitch" has been co-opted so much by sexist assholes who don't really have any thought behind their stances beyond not liking a woman. Even if you have a very legitimate reason for referring to a woman as a bitch, (1) is that reason really related to her being a woman or is it really just her being an asshole? and (2) it just gets lost in the noise today. How do I know you're actually a thinking person and not just another douchebag who doesn't like it when women disagree with him? It's very hard to distinguish anymore.
Perhaps these people who refer to her as being a bitch could just call her an asshole instead then? I mean why not....i sometimes have called men bitches when they act like it and women assholes when they act like it...maybe that should be the new standard.

I do find it interesting that the term "bitch" has been used quite a bit from people who actually know HRC, which was my point. Not trying to start a sexist discussion, and believe me, im all for electing a woman as POTUS and i have no problem working for a woman in power either.

However a good point was brought up in the post preceding this one, perhaps that's what we need in office, certainly better than a pushover or someone who would be perceived as weak.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #870
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I just hope the tax dollars you are referring to in this scenario are the taxes we are finally placing on the fracking industry.
I think it's true that the individual states make out better on the tax revenue side, than the Feds do. It would be an interesting presidential debate topic.