2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #841
Refugee

Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
But the Republicans actually and actively deny it, and bring snowballs in to the floor of Cingress as proof that the globe isn't warming.

I mean, we've read the global warming thread in here.
I'm no happy polluter.

Now I'll spot you $1.5 trillion of someone's tax dollars....for 30 years annually.

How many degrees Fahrenheit can you get us down?

Old 03-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #842
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It wasn't a booger.

It was a tonsil stone.
Eat Ass!!!!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #843
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
I'm no happy polluter.

Now I'll spot you $1.5 trillion of someone's tax dollars....for 30 years annually.

Okay.

Has anyone claimed they can reverse climate change with your tax dollars?

Anyone? Bueller?

Bueller?
Old 03-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #844
Refugee

I'll count you for one degree colder, Diemen
Old 03-21-2016, 02:10 AM   #845
45:33

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
The Liberal and National Parties of Australia, or at least important factions therein.
I'm not sure this is entirely true. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/14/op...ange.html?_r=0
Old 03-21-2016, 02:20 AM   #846
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/op...l?ref=politics

I think someone is confusing being strong and being flat-out wrong.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:42 AM   #847
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I'm not sure this is entirely true. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/14/op...ange.html?_r=0
It's a self-serving load of crap, and I thought this was a good response: Joe Hockey on CSIRO cuts: former treasurer's letter to the New York Times dissected | Australia news | The Guardian

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-21-2016, 03:21 AM   #848
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Old 03-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #849
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
I'm no happy polluter.

I just hope the tax dollars you are referring to in this scenario are the taxes we are finally placing on the fracking industry.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #850
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I had a dream last night that i was working on Air Force One. Seriously. So i was part of the crew or something like that. We were taking a flight with Mrs. Clinton when she came into the cockpit and was talking to the pilot. She then went and sat down in a private area just aft of the cockpit. Since i happened to be in there, i started a polite conversation with her, i don't recall what i had said, but it may have been "Madame President..your pantsuit looks really special today." Whatever i said...she glared at me for a few seconds, then rolled her eyes, and got up and stormed out of the room without speaking to me.

A little while later, my supervisor came and pulled me aside and told me that i was not to make ANY conversation with Mrs. Clinton. In fact, i was not even to look at her period. The only (and i mean ONLY) reason i would have any contact with her was if (and only IF) she were to initiate contact with me first. And even then, it was "yes madame president, no madame president, etc."

While i realize that was only a dream, possibly fueled by allergy meds, it reminded me of something i had heard before from people who had supposedly worked for the Clinton's during Bill's terms. Supposedly some members of either the secret service or AF1 staff had secretly said that Mrs. Clinton was a royal first class bitch and treated them all like shit.

Obviously i have no idea if that is true or not. It doesn't really matter though since the entire GOP is an absolute train wreck and would fuck this country a new one like we haven't possibly ever seen. Royal first class bitch or not, she has my vote.

Oh, and i almost forgot, Fuck Ted Cruz.
I graduated high school with a guy who went to the Air Force Academy and was a pilot on AF1 during parts of the Clinton and W administrations (he has since retired from the Air Force and works as an aviation consultant for a private company in the Midwest now).

I asked him point blank about Hillary at one of my HS reunions. his quote was "She's a bitch".

Told me some other stories as well, some fascinating stuff, like when flying to King Hussein's funeral, had 4 current and former POTUS on board (Carter, Ford, Bush and Clinton) and the seating/sleeping arrangements were divided along party lines, except that Carter asked to ride in the cockpit because he couldn't stand being in Bill Clinton's company.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #851
Blue Crack Addict

Old 03-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #852
Blue Crack Addict

Old 03-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #853
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I asked him point blank about Hillary at one of my HS reunions. his quote was "She's a bitch".
Well there's some substantive criticism.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #854
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

we all love John Oliver. except for Donald supporter, i guess.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #855
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I really love that that segment took the time to give us a proper breakdown of all the reasons why a wall/fence would not work. The whole thing about it not even being directly on the border, and people's personal backyards and other various businesses being affected by that, because of their "technically" being between the U.S. and Mexico as a result, was especially interesting and revealing.

I also loved the reminder that people who really want to get around a wall or fence will find a way to do so, be it building something to climb over it or going underground (or traveling to the western or eastern coasts of Mexico and coming in via the Pacific Ocean or Gulf of Mexico, respectively). Seriously, I love how conservatives sit there and say that we shouldn't have regulations or restrictions on guns because criminals will just find ways to get around those laws anyway...but then that same reasoning doesn't seem to occur to them when it comes to the idea of criminals finding ways around a wall or fence.

And in regards to the drug issue, of course, there's also the fact that building a wall or fence isn't going to solve our problem with illegal drugs being brought into the country, or the fact that there's a huge demand in the U.S. for said illegal drugs, meaning we're just as responsible for keeping the drug problems along the border going as the Mexican cartels are.

But hey, who needs any of that pesky logic and facts, right?