2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #496
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Whatever is going on involving the Clinton investigation is certainly important given that the people doing the investigating don't have partisan motives as it's being led by Obama appointees.

I don't believe in most of the Clinton "scandals" proposed by the right-wing, such as Benghazi. Nor do I have any information as to the extent or even what exactly the FBI is investigating, nor does anybody know what the outcome will be to all of this.

But if she did any wrongdoing, there should be consequences. Otherwise, you're just someone who feels she's above the law.

So, by all means, I would never support unscrupulous and slanderous claims that aren't backed up by any evidence nor do I feel that Clinton has to take the blame for anything yet as she hasn't been charged with any actual wrongdoing. But the law's the law and justice should be served, even if the timing of this thing ultimately costs Democrats the election.

But we can't act like this isn't actually happening either. Clinton's own stance regarding the e-mail controversy keeps moving depending on what becomes public knowledge while her homebrew server guy was just given immunity which therefore means charges are going to be levied at some people and at some future date. It's not like reliable sources haven't hinted at the investigation to the media and it was even brought up in the last debate for crying out loud.

No one said anything about being above the law, there just doesn't seem to be anything there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
I can't see much of major importance coming out of the e-mail scandal, but the word on the street is that there's a bigger issue with pay-to-play donations to the Clinton Global Initiative while she was conducting work for the state department. Clinton would go meet someone in Europe to discuss whatever-the-hell and then at the same time individuals from that area would be donating money to her fund...that's incredibly sketchy and kind of makes sense as to how she and her husband managed to get over $100 million in personal contributions.

It's been discussed before by other media and there's no proof to it all yet so it's just a lot of coincidences for now, but this is what a lot of people are thinking the investigation is really about. The e-mails merely help with the timeline. Given that people from the fund where subpoenaed over the last couple years, it's highly likely that's where this is headed. And if that's the case, Clinton can't even remotely be considered a credible candidate and should drop out immediately. Facing charges that amount to racketeering and even treason, well, you aren't going to win the election.

It's being discussed by who? Alex Jones?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 03-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #497
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:34 AM

#america2016

Old 03-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #498
War Child

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

Right wing conspiracist Edward Snowden also thinks this email scandal has some degree of legs. Psh, what a partisan hack.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...n-email-server
Old 03-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #499
War Child

Wow, the right wing rag Salon is also reporting on the Clinton foreign donations conspiracy. They must have hired Alex Jones under my nose.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/31/the_...r_for_partner/
Old 03-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #500
War Child

Diehard GOP bloggers Politifact spread lies about Clinton, as well.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ntons-foundat/

For what it's worth, I am someone who will most likely end up voting for Clinton, at the end of the day. But it's just abhorrent to write this off as some Alex Jones-level conspiracy just because it would fit your narrative.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #501
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Right wing conspiracist Edward Snowden also thinks this email scandal has some degree of legs. Psh, what a partisan hack.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...n-email-server

Snowden... how cute.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #502
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
So, remember when I said I didn't know where all of the Trump fans were in Florida?
Oh hey, the one Trump supporter I know lives in Leesburg. It's my 97-year-old grandpa.

Love you, grandpa. Bless his heart.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #503
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Diehard GOP bloggers Politifact spread lies about Clinton, as well.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ntons-foundat/

For what it's worth, I am someone who will most likely end up voting for Clinton, at the end of the day. But it's just abhorrent to write this off as some Alex Jones-level conspiracy just because it would fit your narrative.

All of these are a year old, how come the story hasn't developed over this past year?

And before you call me abhorrent and assign a narrative you should probably figure out if I'm even. Hillary fan or not.

I just don't like when people come in with "there are no facts but some are whispering". But good try

Old 03-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #504
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Snowden... how cute.

You equated people pedaling this conspiracy theory with Alex Jones. I'm going to just grant you the benefit of the doubt here and presume you fully understand the reason I referenced Snowden.

EDIT: Actually, I'll explain now so I can avoid having to do so after your next reply. Do you think that Snowden is a conservative conspiracist? Do you think Snowden is anything other than a fairly bleeding heart liberal? Snowden chose Glenn Greenwald to drop his story with because he liked his politics.

Do you think *GLENN GREENWALD* is anything other than a bleeding heart liberal?

Quote:
All of these are a year old, how come the story hasn't developed over this past year?

And before you call me abhorrent and assign a narrative you should probably figure out if I'm even. Hillary fan or not.

I just don't like when people come in with "there are no facts but some are whispering". But good try

Sigh. Condescension doesn't work particularly well when it's clear that you're simply moving the goal posts while offering no substantive rebuttals.

Again, your initial point was to imply that anyone pushing the "Clinton's foundation is corrupt" idea was a right wing conspiracist. I'm not going to waste any more time further proving that to be false.

But, since you've decided to move the goal posts, let's turn our gaze toward the very recent (January 2016) revelation that the FBI is now investigating the Clinton Foundation for signs of corruption

Additionally, I clearly did not call you abhorrent. I called the logic being used to file this claim into the "conspiracy" bin abhorrent. I called this logic abhorrent because this logic is, indeed, abhorrent.

http://www.mediaite.com/opinion/repo...on-corruption/

Old 03-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #505
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You equated people pedaling this conspiracy theory with Alex Jones.

Again, your initial point was to imply that anyone pushing the "Clinton's foundation is corrupt" idea was a right wing conspiracist. I'm not going to waste any more time further proving that to be false.

But, since you've decided to move the goal posts, let's turn our gaze toward the very recent (January 2016) revelation that the FBI is now investigating the Clinton Foundation for signs of corruption

I think you're reading FAR too much into my reference to Alex Jones. My only point was don't come in here saying "people are talking" "there are no facts yet" etc. The comment had nothing to do with right wing conspiracy theorists or bleeding heart liberals. No one's moving goal posts. Calm down and breathe a little.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #506
War Child

Quote:
I think you're reading FAR too much into my reference to Alex Jones. My only point was don't come in here saying "people are talking" "there are no facts yet" etc. The comment had nothing to do with right wing conspiracy theorists or bleeding heart liberals. No one's moving goal posts. Calm down and breathe a little.

You keep referencing people coming in here saying "people are talking" and "there are no facts yet" while conveniently ignoring every citation of facts that I've put forth. I find this irony fun.

Again, as someone likely voting Clinton, I have little to no reason to be worked up about this.

I'm in no way trying to railroad you about this, and I'm quite sorry if it has come across that way. I just think Clinton gets a lot more rope than almost any candidate (sans Trump, obviously), and this seemed like a good opportunity to point this out.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #507
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I'm in no way trying to railroad you about this, and I'm quite sorry if it has come across that way. I just think Clinton gets a lot more rope than almost any candidate (sans Trump, obviously), and this seemed like a good opportunity to point this out.

Fair enough. I think you misinterpreted my original stance on this, but I get your point.

Old 03-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #508
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Oh hey, the one Trump supporter I know lives in Leesburg. It's my 97-year-old grandpa.

Love you, grandpa. Bless his heart.
wait your grandpa love Trump? oh my
Old 03-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 AM
this could and I write could end up like 2008

that by the time we get to the election Hillary is such a disaster, like Bush and the GOP were in 2008,
that any GOP candidate can beat her.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:26 PM   #510
Blue Crack Supplier

It's true. Lots of things could happen.