2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2016, 06:00 PM   #271
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,400
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
I really don't care what some pretentious internet tough guy has to say.
Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Lolz
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 07:47 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Calm down, bob.

Really? He just called me an a**hole. Smh. It's easy to act like the way they do when they're not being constantly attacked on here.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Seems like we are moving towards a Trump vs. Cruz head-to-head. Just what the GOP wanted.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 07:47 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Seems like we are moving towards a Trump vs. Cruz head-to-head. Just what the GOP wanted.

Cruz has the momentum. Kansas isn't the most important state, but be trailed by 12 and won by 25+ points.
He also upset in Oklahoma and Alaska. Topped him in Minnesota and looks like he could upset Trump in Maine as well.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #275
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,483
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Seems like we are moving towards a Trump vs. Cruz head-to-head. Just what the GOP wanted.


The Democrats, too.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,568
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Cruz has less of a chance than Trump


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 07:07 PM   #277
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,454
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Our national debt has skyrocketed since he took office. Obviously, Bush increased the deficit as well, but under the Obama administration, our debt has doubled; we cannot sustain this kind of debt. Eventually, open market operations can only take us so far.
The pull out of Iraq was a disaster. We should have never been there, but he handled it terribly. Libya and Egypt were handled even worse. Led to radical Islam taking over both countries!
Obamacare is a disaster. It needs to be repealed and replaced.
Our racial divisions are worse than they've been since the 60's and his leadership throughout has been abysmal.
Yes, the economy was a mess when he took office, but this has been the slowest recovery since the Great Depression. Record numbers of people who have dropped out of the work force.
I could go on and on...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The deficit has gone down every year since Obama has been in office. We had an initial explosion of deficits due to the financial crisis, but it's been reduced every year.

The Iraq withdrawal was negotiated under President Bush.

The uninsured rate has gone down dramatically and health care spending rates have been reduced. The ACA would be even more effective if every state expanded Medicaid...but the GOP in many states is blocking the expansion.

Our racial divisions are occurring because more and more people are realizing just how much institutional and structural racism black Americans face. This is a good thing. Blacks should be more loud about the problems they face. We need to have a conversation about race. White Americans need to realize how much racism there still is in American rather than sweeping it under the rug like they used to. Ignoring racism won't make racism go away, it'll just perpetuate it.

Part of the reason why this has been such a slow recovery is because the government did not spend enough initially to get us out of the recession. We're doing far better than European countries that instituted austerity policies. If you want to see the results of conservative economics, look at Kansas and Louisiana.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #278
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,036
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Our national debt has skyrocketed since he took office. Obviously, Bush increased the deficit as well, but under the Obama administration, our debt has doubled; we cannot sustain this kind of debt. Eventually, open market operations can only take us so far.
The pull out of Iraq was a disaster. We should have never been there, but he handled it terribly. Libya and Egypt were handled even worse. Led to radical Islam taking over both countries!
Obamacare is a disaster. It needs to be repealed and replaced.
Our racial divisions are worse than they've been since the 60's and his leadership throughout has been abysmal.
Yes, the economy was a mess when he took office, but this has been the slowest recovery since the Great Depression. Record numbers of people who have dropped out of the work force.
I could go on and on...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Can you explain to me why Obamacare is a "disaster"? And what it should be replaced with?

What leadership is needed for these racial divisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
And that's why you guys suck. Seriously.

It was a huge natural disaster, where people died and billions of dollars were lost.

And you turned on one of your better potential candidates because he had the audacity to actually appreciate the federal government being supportive... unlike the previous major natural disaster in New Orleans, where the response of the Republican led federal government was one of the most disgraceful moments of this nation's history.

But yea, the election was more important.

Anyone who lost respect for Christie over Sandy and Obama is a heartless asshole whose opinion doesn't matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
I really don't care what some pretentious internet tough guy has to say.
Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
You don't think he had a point..? You don't think it's ridiculous that someone decent went from being a prospect to nothing all because he admitted someone on the other side was doing good work? Isn't that what we should be striving for?
__________________
cobl04 is online now  
Old 03-05-2016, 08:00 PM   #279
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,883
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Calm down, bob.
__________________
Bluer White is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 08:03 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,266
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
And that's why you guys suck. Seriously.

It was a huge natural disaster, where people died and billions of dollars were lost.

And you turned on one of your better potential candidates because he had the audacity to actually appreciate the federal government being supportive... unlike the previous major natural disaster in New Orleans, where the response of the Republican led federal government was one of the most disgraceful moments of this nation's history.
But, but, don't you see? Christie HUGGED Obama! That means he got Obama cooties! The GOP can't have that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Anyone who lost respect for Christie over Sandy and Obama is a heartless asshole whose opinion doesn't matter.
This. Every last word of this. Such a ridiculously immature response to a serious situation.

(And of course, you know that if he, or any other Republican governor encountering a similar disaster, didn't allow Obama's help, then the GOP would use that to show that Obama didn't care about helping people in a tough time.)
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 03-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,619
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
If you want to see the results of conservative economics, look at Kansas and Louisiana.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
or Michigan? I really haven't lived in places with republican governor so I may be bit unknowledgeable about this issue.

and also:
 
calm down, Bob Saget
__________________
Mack_Again is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 08:08 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Really? He just called me an a**hole. Smh. It's easy to act like the way they do when they're not being constantly attacked on here.
You're not being constantly attacked. One guy calling you an asshole is not you being constantly attacked.

The awful policies and candidates and political party you support are continually proven objectively bad through sound argument, and you take it personally. That, on the other hand, is true. I don't know why you support objectively incorrect positions, and so many of them, but here we are.

I'm not an Internet tough guy. I'm an exhausted 25-year-old American who has fucking had it with the GOP. I'm not someone who goes to rallies, and I don't hate my friends and families who are Republican. My whole family is Republican. I'm from an Irish Catholic Philly family with 50+ close relatives and I'm the only liberal. We agree simply to not discuss it, and I get along great with them.

But the Republicans, including them, are wrong. They're just wrong, all the time, and I don't understand why anyone would want to follow along with their plans unless (a) they were simply so uneducated that they didn't understand, (b) they lack the intellectual curiosity to look outside their own world, or (c) they're so wealthy and lacking in empathy that they don't care. From my background, most of the people I interact with of the GOP persuasion come from option B.

I was conservative up until I was about 15 or 16 years old. You know what changed? The Internet. It opened up my world to so many viewpoints that you don't get in a suburban Irish Catholic middle class family. And I'm a better person for it.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #283
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 11:47 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

Headache's post was great. The partisan hatred/support binary is everything wrong with a two party system that has countless things wrong with it already.

When praise toward a man in another party is a nail in their coffin, you know the country's priorities are fucked.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 08:24 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 02:47 AM
The real tragedy of Sandy was that it reflected well on Obama.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 03-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #285
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,367
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post


#GOP2016

This picture I think might've actually been taken by one of the protestors, oddly enough. It was on my news feed really early (the rally is at my university).

The outside was a relatively large protest. Here's the front door:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1457227584.273490.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	10628
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1457227598.148584.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	10629
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1457227620.884579.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	10630

Sort of expected... when you host on a college campus.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com