2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, ahead of Super Tuesday, Donald Trump fails to condemn the KKK because he needs more information on them. Seriously.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

Intriguing way to play it, pretend he knows nothing so that he doesn't alienate a section of his supporter base.

Trump tweets Mussolini quote and won't condemn KKK, yet still has the blind that are willing to let this country burn. Yay :|

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I remember reading an old article (ie. decades ago?) in which Trump would supposedly read Hitler's speeches regularly.

Whenever I hear "grand wizard" I think of this guy:

dxt.gif

Which is probably not what the KKK wants, so I'll keep doing it :up:

Well, if it makes any difference, pundits this morning be apoplectic over Trump not disavowing the fucking KKK, of all things, as well as the open season on insults and put downs the GOP campaign has devolved into, as well as Cruz wondering aloud if Trump won't released his tax returns because of the Mafia.

1) Chris Christe must be eating his feelings of regret right now
2) Hillary wins, what, 40+ states against Trump?

I mean, honestly.

I think this is the result of the devolution of politics into entertainment that really came into its own via Limbaugh in the early Clinton years. A lot of bad people saw there was a lot of money to be made in what is now known as the right wing industrial media complex. And here we are, at the end.

All that said, the GOP thrives on the state level, for a variety of reasons. So I don't think the party is dead, per se. But the White House looks unattainable for them for a while, barring the unexpected.

In a long and strange email about how he left the stove on, Alan Grayson now "feels the Bern" and will endorse Sanders at the convention. Strange cookie...

Well, if it makes any difference, pundits this morning be apoplectic over Trump not disavowing the fucking KKK, of all things, as well as the open season on insults and put downs the GOP campaign has devolved into, as well as Cruz wondering aloud if Trump won't released his tax returns because of the Mafia.

1) Chris Christe must be eating his feelings of regret right now
2) Hillary wins, what, 40+ states against Trump?

I mean, honestly.

I think this is the result of the devolution of politics into entertainment that really came into its own via Limbaugh in the early Clinton years. A lot of bad people saw there was a lot of money to be made in what is now known as the right wing industrial media complex. And here we are, at the end.

All that said, the GOP thrives on the state level, for a variety of reasons. So I don't think the party is dead, per se. But the White House looks unattainable for them for a while, barring the unexpected.

I don't think Chris Christie has regret at all. He's a petty and vindictive person, for him it was much more important to stick it to Rubio than anything. Especially after that "disrespectful" voicemail from Rubio assuring Christie that he has a bright future in politics if he joins his team (LOL).

Rubio has now not only sunk to Trump's level but has gone even deeper. Talking about the size of Trump's hands and what it means, the spray on tan, THIS is who the establishment wants?

The Republicans are so screwed.

Did he ask for a contribution so he could replace the chicken he burned (Berned?) when he left the stove on?

He's asking for $27, just like Bern. A fancy dinner, considering he's like... on Hilary Clinton's campaign committee or something like that.

I don't think Chris Christie has regret at all. He's a petty and vindictive person, for him it was much more important to stick it to Rubio than anything. Especially after that "disrespectful" voicemail from Rubio assuring Christie that he has a bright future in politics if he joins his team (LOL).

Rubio has now not only sunk to Trump's level but has gone even deeper. Talking about the size of Trump's hands and what it means, the spray on tan, THIS is who the establishment wants?

The Republicans are so screwed.

I'm sure Christie wanted to kneecap Rubio again, but did anyone really think the KKK was going to be part of the discussion?

Last edited:
I mean, not to come to Donald's defense, but don't you think this is just another media deployed test of Donald Trump's character? I see it as so irrelevant. He hasn't endorsed the KKK. It's not like they weren't around in the past elections.

But Trump does actively endorse racism, prejudice, and xenophobia. Those are bigger talking points.

I mean, not to come to Donald's defense, but don't you think this is just another media deployed test of Donald Trump's character? I see it as so irrelevant. He hasn't endorsed the KKK. It's not like they weren't around in the past elections.

But Trump does actively endorse racism, prejudice, and xenophobia. Those are bigger talking points.

But it's not his first connection to a white supremacy group. And any decent human being running for president could have used the moment to speak out against racism, but Trump knows he would lose part of his base if he had. So it's absolutely relevant. It shows the free thinking people his true character and it shows his base that he's not going to give into "political correctness" and that they can target the Mexicans and Muslims.

But it's not his first connection to a white supremacy group. And any decent human being running for president could have used the moment to speak out against racism, but Trump knows he would lose part of his base if he had. So it's absolutely relevant. It shows the free thinking people his true character and it shows his base that he's not going to give into "political correctness" and that they can target the Mexicans and Muslims.

I mean I'm not disagreeing that it makes Trump a detestable human being, I'm just saying that this isn't anything new and I don't think I suddenly feel any worse about him. I entirely expected this from him. It's not "news," it's the media generating the same story.

I wish it wasn't news, because it only strengthens Trump. How many times, over and over again, will it become clear that "all press is good press" for Donald? There's no point in giving him the spotlight.

Meg Whitman Founder of EBay and a prototype California Republican had this to say about Christie and Trump. She was also on Christie's campaign. She hit the nail right on the head.

"Chris Christie's endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter." - Meg Whitman

I wish it wasn't news, because it only strengthens Trump. How many times, over and over again, will it become clear that "all press is good press" for Donald? There's no point in giving him the spotlight.

i dunno ... i take the point, but the KKK are like the Nazis of America. they are THE bad guys. in the general, can you imagine anything inspiring black voters more (other than another black president?). i'm sure there was some collective GOP pants-shitting, especially among those who just endorsed him. i can't see this being good for people who are supporting Trump to make a point. i appreciate that there's a strong white identity component to his voting block, but that can't be the majority.

Something about John Oliver sits uncomfortably with me. I think it's just that every single time he does something it's a race between people desperate to fall over themselves to prove that they're so wonderfully progressive by sharing the video on facebook. I mean if this was just a dude without much backing ranting insightfully somewhere that would be great but I would wager a good amount of money that at least 95 per cent of what he says is written by the show's writers, and the whole thing just comes off a little disingenuous to me.

tl;dr, this tweet sums it up best.

[TWEET]704445126408433664[/TWEET]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom