2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a libertarian when it benefits your own needs. :up:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I consider myself to be a member of the Constitutionalist Party with a few radical Libertarian leanings.

It should be a state issue.

So what happens if a couple gets married in a state where gay marriage is legal, and then has to move to a state where it's not? You really think they deserve to be put through the headaches and complications that will arise from that because a few people can't get over their personal issues with gay couples being allowed to marry?

It's a civil right. Civil rights shouldn't be a state by state thing, they should apply to people across the entire country. There is absolutely no justifiable reason this should be a state by state issue. And I'm thankful that the U.S. has finally allowed gay couples to marry everywhere.

It should be a state issue.

17th to 7th. What a comeback. #gilmorementum

Do you know what it means to be a "state issue"? Why should it be "left to the states?" What is your rationale?

Because so far as I'm concerned, the state judicial systems were making moves ever since DOMA was repealed.

This was leaving it to the states, and it worked its way up. That's the beauty of it.

President Cruz will appoint at least 3 and possibly a 4th new justice to the SC. Then we'll get back to following the constitution and state's rights. The liberals have trampled all over the constitution. President Cruz will get it fixed.

President Cruz will appoint at least 3 and possibly a 4th new justice to the SC. Then we'll get back to following the constitution and state's rights. The liberals have trampled all over the constitution. President Cruz will get it fixed.

Cruz will make sure these justices will bring back Old Testament Values(my favorite bloodbath Bible verse)

elisha.jpg

Cruz will make sure these justices will bring back Old Testament Values(my favorite bloodbath Bible verse)

elisha.jpg

:up:
Great story. I remember my father reading it to me before I went to bed as a child. Good times.

When you joined FYM you stated this, you couldn't back it up then, can you back it up now? Do you have anything new?

I'm consistent. I think it should be a state's issue as I've said over and over again. I will continue to preach that message.
Issues that are not stated in the constitution are left up to the states. Marriage is not specified, therefore, it should be a state by state ruling.

I'm consistent. I think it should be a state's issue as I've said over and over again. I will continue to preach that message.
Issues that are not stated in the constitution are left up to the states. Marriage is not specified, therefore, it should be a state by state ruling.

Actually you're not. Your stance is constitutionally and morally flawed. We're equally protected by the law. Do you not understand that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom