2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people hate Cruz so much?
For starters, he's a social conservative, which is more or less deplorable in 2016. He's for the death penalty, he's anti-choice, he's anti-gay rights. He blamed the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting, which was a direct result of the lies spread by Carly Fiorina and her ilk, on Democrats somehow.

Economically, he's just as bad. He is for a flat tax, which is insane. He was anti-net neutrality, which is like arguing that utilities shouldn't be regulated. He pejoratively calls climate change science "a religion," which is hilarious coming from a religious zealot like him.

I could keep going, and I've already mentioned that he's from nearly all accounts a terrible person (recall that he told a college classmate whose mother had an abortion that her mother was a whore who was going to hell), but those are just a few of the many reasons why. He is the worst candidate for President in a field filled with horrible candidates.

Last edited:
For starters, he's a social conservative, which is more or less deplorable in 2016. He's for the death penalty, he's anti-choice, he's anti-gay rights. He blamed the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting, which was a direct result of the lies spread by Carly Fiorina and her ilk, on Democrats somehow.

Economically, he's just as bad. He is for a flat tax, which is insane. He was anti-net neutrality, which is like arguing that utilities shouldn't be regulated. He pejoratively calls climate change science "a religion," which is hilarious coming from a religious zealot like him.

I could keep going, and I've already mentioned that he's from nearly all accounts a terrible person (recall that he told a college classmate whose mother had an abortion that her mother was a whore who was going to hell), but those are just a few of the many reasons why. He is the worst candidate for President in a field filled with horrible candidates.

Well, I agree with him on all those issues. That's probably why I support him.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Guys, Heidi Cruz says her husband is going to "show America the face of God."

giphy.gif

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...etween-him-a?utm_term=.xjdOGDDLrL#.gj0z088X5X

Amy Lindsay has appeared in films such as Erotic Confessions, Carnal Wishes, Secrets of a Chambermaid, and Insatiable Desires. “Had the campaign known of her full filmography, we obviously would not have let her appear in the ad,” a Cruz campaign spokesman told BuzzFeed News.

Well, I agree with him on all those issues. That's probably why I support him.

So you agree that gay couples who have have been granted the legal right to marriage and who have exercised that right should have their marriage licenses revoked and no longer be allowed to marry? And that states should be able to enact laws discriminating against homosexuals for no other reason than their sexual orientation?

Wow.

Yeah, I could see how Cruz is your guy.

(recall that he told a college classmate whose mother had an abortion that her mother was a whore who was going to hell)

Ugh. Really? Charming.

Yeah, the fact that the GOP has candidates who still think gay marriage is the worst thing ever, and their obnoxious and horrifying attitude towards the abortion issue, are definitely some of the biggest reasons for me not to support them.

To say nothing of how utterly hypocritical they are with those issues. "Limited government is the best government! Except, you know, when it comes to deciding who should be allowed to marry, or what a woman can do with her body. Then it's totally okay for the government to get involved!"

Either that's a direct threat that she's going to kill everyone, or she's going to love us, because she's a big Les Miz fan, and that show taught us all that "to love another person is to see the face of God!"

I don't think Trump has any beef with gay marriage. For him its all about China, China, China.

horrifying attitude towards the abortion issue

Many people (not just Conservative Christians) feel that Abortion with no restrictions especially in the late term is horrifying.

Many people (not just Conservative Christians) feel that Abortion with no restrictions especially in the late term is horrifying.

Late-term abortions only happen in the most extreme of cases, if and when there's a legitimately serious life-threatening situation going on. Trying to put restrictions on something as rare as that, something that only happens for the most necessary of reasons, is stupid.

Otherwise, the vast majority of them happen very early on in the pregnancy. And the bottom line is that it doesn't matter what one's personal views on the issue are, it is still a personal decision, and still a LEGAL procedure. And nobody else has the right to make that choice for a woman, or control it.

And if pro-lifers REALLY want to fix the abortion issue, trying to pass absurdly restrictive laws or defund and shut down Planned Parenthood is not the way to go about it. There are much more valid and logical alternatives to tackling that issue.

Last edited:
So you agree that gay couples who have have been granted the legal right to marriage and who have exercised that right should have their marriage licenses revoked and no longer be allowed to marry? And that states should be able to enact laws discriminating against homosexuals for no other reason than their sexual orientation?

Wow.

Yeah, I could see how Cruz is your guy.

:up:

Bob, you are ice-cold. You need to be more inclusive and stop identifying outside the Social Justice League.

You mock the using of facts in a debate, you mock human decency, is this really what the right has turned into?

Like I said, you all will die out if you don't find a way to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom