2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Cruz may eek out a win in Alaska cauci
His team will go hysterical with 3 out of 11 Super Tuesday wins.

Rubio better hire a food taster.

Last edited:
wait Haruki Murakami's books are filled with similes. i know it's not made entirely of similes but characters in those books always come up with cool-ass comparisons.

I think in lots of people's heads, out lives are just a part of big reality show for Donald.

So a take on the whole 'The Truman Show' scenario, then.

Wonderful.

It's interesting, Republicans and TX tea baggers seem to be panicking more than anyone else about Trump.

This will be one really fucked up next couple of months.

It's weird, 'cause on the one hand I'm kind of enjoying watching the GOP implode, but on the other hand, it's scary, too, because they could take the wrong lessons from this fallout, and that would have negative impacts elsewhere.

Last edited:
She'll get one from me somewhere down the line. I feel no excitement whatsoever for Hillary or Bernie.

that is just it

the GOP primaries are breaking all records, Trump is getting double the votes Romney got

this Trump thing is a movement, much like Obama was in 2008, look at the numbers at his rallies, and if one spends a little time on the AM dial talk radio, they will see many of his people are sick and tired of the lying politicians, some Bernie voters will go Trump over Hillary,
and a huge amount of working class Dems and independents that often go democrat will go Trump this time, don't believe your (meaning the general your) social media of group of friends is any indication of how this will play out.

Last edited:
oops,

I meant to write better than Obama was in 2008.

Obama was a very good candidate in 2012.

As candidates go, the objective is to win primaries and Trump has had more success with about the least money spent, people don't get how smart and successful he is, I expect him to keep doing the same in November. He is winning with the least capital and promises spent. How smart is that? Calling him a strongman, does not make him one. An elected official having the strong backing of the electorate? Well, that is more properly called a mandate that can lead to getting congress to actually do something. Trump understands the American people, he knows how to talk to them, he knows what their concerns are. He is much better at this than any of the so-called professionals. I don't think he is just lucky, to be winning, I think he is relying on some advisers. A person that can figure this out, and know how to win these campaigns without throwing money that they whored themselves to get like Jeb, Hillary, Rubio, Cruz, etc. is worthy of serious consideration. I give Bernie a certain amount of credit too, but he never had a chance, and is only a fly in the ointment.

Last edited:
it's funny to read comment section of Stephen Colbert's Late Night video. I support Bernie so much but gosh these Bernie supporters are annoying

oops,

I meant to write better than Obama was in 2008.

Obama was a very good candidate in 2012.

As candidates go, the objective is to win primaries and Trump has had more success with about the least money spent, people don't get how smart and successful he is, I expect him to keep doing the same in November. He is winning with the least capital and promises spent. How smart is that? Calling him a strongman, does not make him one. An elected official having the strong backing of the electorate? Well, that is more properly called a mandate that can lead to getting congress to actually do something. Trump understands the American people, he knows how to talk to them, he knows what their concerns are. He is much better at this than any of the so-called professionals. I don't think he is just lucky, to be winning, I think he is relying on some advisers. A person that can figure this out, and know how to win these campaigns without throwing money that they whored themselves to get like Jeb, Hillary, Rubio, Cruz, etc. is worthy of serious consideration. I give Bernie a certain amount of credit too, but he never had a chance, and is only a fly in the ointment.

How hard is it to appeal to the lowest common denominator? Fear and ignorance are powerful forces. Trump is a huge problem, but he's nothing without the bigger problem; the ignorant, the racists, and the assholes that brought him to be.

No, he's not just lucky, and no he's not going to win over any Bernie fans.

Are there enough to make him win? Will he somehow unite both sides into a antiTrump movement? Or will we just not have to worry about it because the math isn't on his side?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom