2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the idea that she appointed an apparently entirely unqualified donor to an intelligence committee to be pretty damning

Since when has being qualified qualified you for a committee position? We have someone who doesn't believe in science the head of a science committee, we had someone who didn't believe the UN was valuable or that we should be involved appointed a UN ambassador, and the list goes on. It's politics as usual, it should be changed, but no not damning.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wishing Donald Trump a happy 70th birthday today

:up:
I love his "America First" message. I got chills when he said "we will no longer sing to the false song of globalism." That's the attitude this country needs instead of these pussies running the country right now.
We need someone with a set of stones in the White House again. 4 weak presidents in a row!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love his "America First" message. I got chills when he said "we will no longer sing to the false song of globalism." That's the attitude this country needs instead of these pussies running the country right now.

This is the intellect that will destroy us. Look around, "globalism" is real, you really want us to regress back into the age of the Atari while the rest of the world is aware of the internet?

This doesn't give him stones, this makes him an idiot. And your post is especially ironic, since you suggest Reagan was our last strong president and many consider him the father of globalism.

Last edited:
We need someone with a set of stones in the White House again. 4 weak presidents in a row!

Yeah! I agree 100%. I'd post more about this agreement but I have an appointment to go punch some Mexicans in the face during the lunch hour.

'Merica!

I think the saddest part is that if Obama and Clinton would have just said "Radical Islamic Terrorism" a year ago... All of this could have been avoided. ISIS would have been defeated. :|

reagan was easily the worst president of the 20th century. it blows my mind how anybody holds him up as an example to follow.

Wishing Donald Trump a happy 70th birthday today

u6m9lmm0kzzynggpotqn_zpsa5aa36e7.gif

Prince wrote a song in 1990 for The Time called "Donald Trump (Black Version)"

https://youtu.be/iOAifG-mc1I

Chorus.

Donald Trump (black version), maybe that's what you need.
A man that fulfills your every wish, your every dream.
Donald Trump (black version), come on take a chance.
A 1990's love affair, the real romance.

Prince wrote a song in 1990 for The Time called "Donald Trump (Black Version)"

https://youtu.be/iOAifG-mc1I

Chorus.

Donald Trump (black version), maybe that's what you need.
A man that fulfills your every wish, your every dream.
Donald Trump (black version), come on take a chance.
A 1990's love affair, the real romance.

U2 wrote Miami

When Donald Trump is president, maybe I'll finally be able to express my deep hate for female vocalists without Laz jumping down my throat. If only I lived in a free country.

reagan was easily the worst president of the 20th century. it blows my mind how anybody holds him up as an example to follow.

Care to give us some bullet points to explain your position?

I would argue that Woodrow Wilson was the worst President of the 20th Century

- Established the Federal Income Tax. Initially meant to go after the robber barons of the time. But the initial precedent set allowed the Feds to expand the tax to cover all Americans

- Enacted a Sedition Act which forbade criticism in the press and free speech. As a result 175,000 were arrested for exercising their first amendment freedoms.

- Nationalized many industries including telegraph, telephone, railroad, and the distribution of coal.

- First President to publicly criticize the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

- Got out maneuvered by the British and French during the peace negotiations at Versailles resulting in punitive reparations against Germany leading to the devastating financial condition of the Weimar Republic and the rise of fascism.

- created the first Propaganda Department within the US government. Called the CPI ( Committee on Public Information)

- suffered a near fatal stroke that left him bedridden and partially paralyzed in 1919. His wife Edith (arguably our first woman President) kept his condition hidden from the country and even the Vice President. Could be argued that he should have stepped aside or delegated responsibilities to the VP during the tumultuous post war period.

The sedition act, nationalization, and propaganda policies are the closest form of Fascism we have seen in a US President.

- Enacted a Sedition Act which forbade criticism in the press and free speech. As a result 175,000 were arrested for exercising their first amendment freedoms.

-
The sedition act, ... the closest form of Fascism we have seen in a US President.

Well if that's not the squash calling the pumpkin orange.

The candidate you support is actively banning members of the press from covering him I'd they criticize him.

I would have thought this would've been a plus for you???

- Nationalized many industries including telegraph, telephone, railroad, and the distribution of coal.

Right?! Who needs phones that communicate state to state, or railroads that can travel across the country?

Care to give us some bullet points to explain your position?

i will be happy to do so, actually. just not today since im at work now and have plans tonight. but tomorrow after work i'll elaborate on my post.

the one thing i will say about your post is that to say Wilson was "out manoeuvred" at Versailles is a vast overstatement. the British and French had been fighting the war for 3 years longer than the Americans and lost countless more lives. it would have been far more absurd if the US had equal stature at the table to make demands of the German Empire. the Americans had very little, relatively speaking, to do with World War I.

as far as WWI goes anyways, the world would have been FAR better off if the Germans had just stuck to the Schlieffen Plan and won the whole damn thing by October 1914. the Battle of the Marne may have "saved" France temporarily but it thoroughly doomed the whole of Europe.

fuck, this post took much longer than I planned. my inner history nerd is on a roll.

- Established the Federal Income Tax. Initially meant to go after the robber barons of the time. But the initial precedent set allowed the Feds to expand the tax to cover all Americans

- First President to publicly criticize the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

These are all positives.

And yes, how dare he have a stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom