2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dealt with one of those crazy Bernie supporters who was alleging that Hillary didn't actually win California. I shouldn't have engaged the crazy but was in a crappy mood. She also was convinced that Other ama was never going to endorse Hillary. Sadly she unfriended our mutual friend so I couldn't gloat.

As for VP. The favorite seems to be Caine from VA. I've also heard Julian Sanchez and Corey Booker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

The phrase im hearing to categorize such folks is "Green Tea Party."
[emoji813]

Beginning to wonder if Trump is going to make it to the convention. The bad news has been relentless these past two weeks.

There seems to be a renewed push to figure out a way to get him out. He's going to cost them so much more than just the White House with his behavior and both past and present. Barring something criminal I don't see him ever dropping out on his own, though, and they have no grounds to remove him.

Regardless, the GOP is an absolute clusterfuck and they did it all to themselves. Congrats, guys. Job well done.

I dealt with one of those crazy Bernie supporters who was alleging that Hillary didn't actually win California. I shouldn't have engaged the crazy but was in a crappy mood. She also was convinced that Other ama was never going to endorse Hillary. Sadly she unfriended our mutual friend so I couldn't gloat.

As for VP. The favorite seems to be Caine from VA. I've also heard Julian Sanchez and Corey Booker.

I gotta disagree. No way she's picking a centrist white guy.

she needs one of these things. A progressive, exciting hero. Sanders or Warren

A swing state candidate - Brown or Caine - but both are boring white guys and Brown would lose us a seat.

a minority or woman - Castro, Booker, Warren or Amy whats her name from MN - But Amy doesn't have the name recognition and is from a blue state, and Castro is too young and from a red state that won't go blue...

My bet is still with Warren or Sanders.

Yeah I agree, he's dug in his heels and he ain't going voluntarily.

The thing is that I'm not sure it would be preferable (if you're the GOP) that Trump goes and "talks about the issues" like they all want. He either has no position on the issues because he's ignorant/unaware or insane positions on the issues - see banning Muslims. If he's being outrageous, then at least his sheer ignorance and lack of knowledge aren't out there for the world to see.

I gotta disagree. No way she's picking a centrist white guy.

she needs one of these things. A progressive, exciting hero. Sanders or Warren

A swing state candidate - Brown or Caine - but both are boring white guys and Brown would lose us a seat.

a minority or woman - Castro, Booker, Warren or Amy whats her name from MN - But Amy doesn't have the name recognition and is from a blue state, and Castro is too young and from a red state that won't go blue...

My bet is still with Warren or Sanders.

Brown and Caine are both brutal.

I would have never thought Warren was a realistic choice but it seems like she may be after all. I don't think that Bernie is going to be it at all.

Bernie or Warren and it's a landslide for Clinton (probably is anyway). I don't think Bernie would turn down the VP offer.

You guys are right, it's actually good that Saudi Arabia was allowed to give Hillary Clinton a bunch of money while she ran the State Department.

Bernie or Warren and it's a landslide for Clinton (probably is anyway). I don't think Bernie would turn down the VP offer.
I don't think they'll take Bernie. She doesn't necessarily need the help he'll provide in the general because of the weak opponent, and he has the potential to be a real pain in the ass as her veep after the election.

They should just let Biden chill there for another 8 years, if only for the pure entertainment or having Bill and Bernie together.

Brown and Caine are both brutal.

I would have never thought Warren was a realistic choice but it seems like she may be after all. I don't think that Bernie is going to be it at all.

Not sure if you saw Warren's interview with Maddow last night. And that came after another of her brutal take-downs of trump at a speech earlier that evening.
But i'm with you. wasn't sure at first, but now I really want it to be her.
I just think that the combo of Clinton's experience/knowledge/planning/stability, along with Warren's firey attitude, and commitment to income inequality and banking reform - would be the perfect balance.

Warren would bring in a lot of progressive Sanders supporters into the fold, and would ease their mind that Clinton would be held to that standard, where they may question that at the moment.

I am hoping for Clinton/Warren.

I also would like Sanders. I don't know if he would turn it down. The man's got a good sized ego. To go from tiny town mayor to the second highest office in the land, aint too shabby.

Still better than leaving CIA names and drone operation information to Guccifer and the Kremlin by using an unsecured email server.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
So we're justifying honesty based on level of effect?

Jeez what happened to the good ole days where you guys would impeach a president over a blow job cause lying is lying?

And to be fair, Douchebag Donald has never had the opportunity to divulge state secrets yet, because only a group of massive idiots would put him even remotely close to a position where he could do such a thing.

Warren seems a smart pic. She's loved by the non-misogynist Bernie supporters, and she's proving herself an effective attack dog as skilled at Twitter as the Trump is. She effectively answers the most pressing concern for the American Left -- income inequality -- and being attacked by two women at once is going to drive Donald bonkers and make him say batshit things.

Still better than leaving CIA names and drone operation information to Guccifer and the Kremlin by using an unsecured email server.

So are Powell and Rice dishonest and untrustworthy?

Doesn't have much to do with being honest does it?

Warren seems a smart pic. She's loved by the non-misogynist Bernie supporters, and she's proving herself an effective attack dog as skilled at Twitter as the Trump is. She effectively answers the most pressing concern for the American Left -- income inequality -- and being attacked by two women at once is going to drive Donald bonkers and make him say batshit things.

very well summed up :up:

very well summed up :up:

Of course this is FB, but the comments to the stories of Warren endorsing her has not gone over well.

Sell out is the general theme.

How she can be against the banks, etc and then endorse the person who's in their pocket....etc etc

Not to say there isn't a point there to be made, but I see it like this.

We've all cringed at Bono and his collaborations with people on the very opposite end of the spectrum, people that most of us "liberals" (quotes cause we may not be according to some) despise.

Compromise is the term that I feel needs to keep being repeated. To get anything done, you do have to set aside some differences. Some good getting done is better than no good

Report: Bernie Sanders supporters to claim UFO's stole 4 million votes over the last few months & Hilary is in the pockets of the extra terrestrials.

Of course this is FB, but the comments to the stories of Warren endorsing her has not gone over well.

How she can be against the banks, etc and then endorse the person who's in their pocket....etc etc

Not to say there isn't a point there to be made, but I see it like this.

We've all cringed at Bono and his collaborations with people on the very opposite end of the spectrum, people that most of us "liberals" (quotes cause we may not be according to some) despise.

Compromise is the term that I feel needs to keep being repeated. To get anything done, you do have to set aside some differences. Some good getting done is better than no good

This is what is so infuriating though. Sanders has very successfully sold the notion to the whole country now, that Clinton can't be trusted with Bank/wall st. reform.

Even someone level-headed, and thoughtful seem to just kind of accept it as a truth.

When the truth is that she has voted right along with Sanders on banking reform. Had a hand in Dodd-Frank structure. Now has a plan that is viewed as the most comprehensive and well thought out Wall St. reform plan, that targets not just the banks. Warren herself has praised it.

She has the knowledge to know that Dodd-Frank has the power to break up the banks if need be. And just shouting "break em up!" like Sanders does, really is disingenuous. Sounds great to the crowd, but details are much stickier.

So, to me, the whole attacking of Warren as a sell out, just highlights the absolute brainwash that occurred over these last 10 months. I have friends that I seriously question their stability. Oligarchs and establishment, and Clinton is the most vile horrible person to ever be born. Its sad. While i appreciate sanders bringing her to the left and creating more awareness of progressive issues. I do seriously think he hobbled her with a large group of voters.

I think these sorts of anecdotal stories don't carry that much weight to be honest. It just depends on who your FB friends are. I haven't seen a single posting suggesting anything to the effect. I've seen quite a few postings from women saying they are tired of the media implying that two women on a ticket isn't balanced. I've seen a few super excited about Warren being in, but not a single one criticizing her in any way. Doesn't mean my experience is any more of a mainstream one than yours, but just goes to show you that FB isn't really an accurate predictor of anything. Other than bitching about whatever new FB design is. Every single time.

This can not be repeated enough.

Insisting that your ideas are the only ones that could possibly be correct and everyone else is wrong is not how democracies work. That's how dictatorships work, actually.

Compromise is not a dirty word.

Plus we'd get our first Native American Veep, and a champion for income equality and lowering tuition
just be sure not to bring up her $400K+ salary for teaching one class at Harvard

I don't think Professor Pocahontas would be so gauche as to wear a $12,000 Armani jacket.

Like Michelle Obama, I'm sure she shops at Forever 21 like the rest of us girls.

I'm a big fan of Warren. I would love to see her as a VP but I wonder if Hillary will instead pick a swing state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom