2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #961
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
That last line about Democrats and slavery is amazing. It's straight off the pages of TownHall or NRO.

So many pots, so many kettles.

It is interesting that this particular "progressive's" rhetoric comes straight out of the same place Trump's and his most ardent supporters' comes from.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 06-16-2016, 07:29 PM   #962
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Thank you for your opinion. The mock outrage of the internet is wonderful.

Maybe some of you will now needlessly show up at Trump rallies with signs because he's such a bad man? Then you can tell your kids years from now that you took a bold stance and said racism was bad and were really politically active and a wonderful human being because you voted for a black man and a white woman, even if they accomplished next to nothing in their sixteen years of office, appointed Wall Street problem makers to important posts and murdered thousands of innocent people with drone strikes.

Who needs to actually change the problems in society when you can just try to label others in online forums, Twitter, etc.?
wow.

you are easily the most condescending poster i've ever seen on this forum. what a jerk.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #963
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Because I think the Democratic Party has historically been a worthless institution? If anything, it proves my progressive credentials.

Now, if people from the right have a valid line of attack in certain situations, so be it. I'll never understand why Democratic Party sympathizers will just strike off any attack as invalid or part of a "vast right wing conspiracy" such as this e-mails kerfuffle in order to protect members of said party. Hold people accountable for their own actions and don't act like there's some purity because the D is attached to their name on the television.

When you actually look at someone like Clinton outside of that lens, there's a lot for people on the left to be disappointed by...or else, you know, over 42% of the party's members wouldn't have voted against her.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #964
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Speaking for myself again here, I've said numerous times that if there is a legit reason to investigate Hilary, I support that. Just as I would support ANY legit investigation of any other politician.

The thing is, though, with the e-mails, it's hard to find any unbiased commentary on it from ANY side to where I don't really know what the hell I'm supposed to do or think or say about it, aside from acknowledging that it was dumb and risky on her part. And of all the scandals out there that politicians are a part of, scandals that are equally as bad as this one, if not more so, I'm not entirely sure why this one in particular is getting singled out. I say that not to dismiss any truly negative outcomes and impacts of this scandal, but out of legit, honest confusion.

And no, I'm not going to take the GOP's attacks on her over the e-mail thing seriously, because I don't take the GOP seriously in general on anything anymore. Their party allowed Trump to become a thing, and they're hideously backwards on social issues in their current form, so they've lost any credibility they may have had at one time.

As for the drone issue, that has long been one of my big critiques of Obama's presidency, and if Hilary is president and continues with them, I'll criticize that, too. If it were up to me, I'd suggest we pull the hell out of the Middle East altogether and be like, "Okay, you guys are dealing with your shit on your own for now." and focus on fixing our own problems here.

But as I said elsewhere before, the Middle East and our involvement in it, both military and humanitarian, is always going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, and while I very much disagree with the drone stuff going on (and while I actually believe Obama personally would prefer to NOT do the drone thing), I also know that the Democrats have to do something to prove they're tough on national security and on the foreign stage and whatnot, because otherwise the Republicans will go on and on about how "weak" that party is and other BS like that, and Democrats could lose voters as a result.

I hate that that's how it is, mind, I wish the Democrats could find a way to show that it is possible to be tough on those issues without having to do crap like that and still gain voters in the process. But that's where us voters should come in to make it clear that the Democrats would NOT lose support if they found another way to deal with these issues. We need to drown out the 'RAH RAH LET'S GO TO WAR!" Trump crowd, and I don't know that we're doing that as loudly and as constantly as we should.

I have also long said that the Democrats need to grow a spine and stand up more to the ruthless attacks Republicans make on them. You will get no argument from me that that party needs to do its own overhauling and refocusing. I also fully support the idea of going beyond a two-party system.

But since the chances of anyone not labeled a Democrat or Republican winning the presidency this year is pretty much nil, I'm therefore going to put my support with the main party that is most likely to support the same sorts of ideals and policies I support. And if and when they do things I do not agree with, I make my disapproval known, and write letters pressing them to support (or not support) this or that issue, and other things of that sort. Ultimately, I just want to know people are doing their part to try and fix the problems we have. Sometimes we'll see rapid change as a result, sometimes that change will be slower to show itself. But so long as it's happening, period, that's the most important thing for me.

I have no problem with you critiquing the Democratic party or Hilary-I wholeheartedly agree they are not above criticism, and I think it's safe to say that everyone else here agrees with that sentiment, too. What I DO have a problem with is you making a lot of assumptions about those of us who are supporting Hilary or the Democratic party and accusing us of being blind to her or the party's faults. We've said over and over and over and over AND OVER in these threads that we do not agree with everything she's said and done, and that we can understand where she's not an ideal Democratic candidate in many respects.

But we've also given valid reasons why we are supporting her/the party, and I wish you could try taking those explanations into account.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #965
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Good post, I approve. I'll never understand the insanity of trying to look tough and I think we've gone beyond the Democrats needing votes "from the middle" anymore to appeal to people with a war hawk mentality. This drone shit needs to stop, pronto.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:21 PM   #966
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:14 PM
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...nap-story.html

This should calm some people down, a touch
Old 06-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #967
45:33

Local Time: 04:14 PM
Old 06-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #968
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I've been thinking about this tweet over the past couple of days.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:18 AM   #969
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Hey! Actual news! Looks like Hillary's VP shortlist has leaked.

Warren, Kaine, Castro and Booker I expected. I'm surprised by Garcetti. He's done well as LA Mayor, but is still pretty inexperienced. I'm glad to see the party thinks that highly of him, though.

Quote:
Beyond the Massachusetts senator, other prospective candidates include Labor Secretary Tom Perez; Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro; Sens. Tim Kaine of Virginia, Sherrod Brown of Ohio and Cory Booker of New Jersey; Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, and Reps. Xavier Becerra of California and Tim Ryan of Ohio, several Democrats said.
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/16/1195487...ent-veepstakes
Old 06-17-2016, 01:38 AM   #970
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Some good names in that list there. I approve .
Old 06-17-2016, 02:03 AM   #971
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
you are a terrible person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
wow.

you are easily the most condescending poster i've ever seen on this forum. what a jerk.

Enough. Ignore him if you can't help but insult him at every turn.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:59 AM   #972
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

hey if Corey Booker becomes VP pick for Hill, that's way too predictable. not that it's bad, but......

but hey i don't think someone as good as Hill needs surprise factor to get votes, so i guess thats still valid choice for her.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:05 AM   #973
Blue Crack Distributor

I like cheese
Old 06-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #974
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
What exactly is a "Bernie Bro" for you all? Someone whose devotion to Sanders makes them actively hate Hillary, or simply someone who has supported / cast a vote for him? Because the rhetoric in here seems to have gotten to the point that there can be no sensible reason for supporting him, which I think is a gross oversimplification.
I think it's important to seperate BernieBRO from BernieBOT.

I think the two have been mixed together, but in the beginning, the BernieBRO tag was meant for someone that was a rabid Bernie supporter, BUT was an obvious privileged white male, that would make terrible sexist, mysogonistic, possibly racist remarks.

To me this is not to be confused with the BernieBots, that are rabid supporters, that seem to have gotten a thorough brainwashing into the Sanders cult-like following, could be male or female, that would launch into straight anti-hillary tirades, stating that she is worst human to ever be birthed on the planet and that everything she's ever done from the time she could talk is suppress, warmonger, hate, take piles of cash just to screw the little guy, the antithesis of all that it good in this world.

You could come back with reasoned debate, list off a dozen instances that Bernie made bad decisions that stack right up there with Clintons, but it would then be met with calls that you are a tool of the oligarchs, being bent over by your corporate overlords and that somehow every primary that Bernie won was perfect, and every one that Hillary won was rigged, cheated and bought by the establishment.

There is crossover, but to me there is a distinction between the two terms.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #975
ONE
love, blood, life

Julián Castro would be fantastic. Showing that Texas is home to more than just batshit insane politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference