2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2016, 11:28 AM   #871
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:39 PM
Yeah, it'll be very interesting to see how the GOP handles Trump going forward. It's so obvious the ones who have fallen in line behind him since he won the nomination are doing so with gritted teeth, and there's also GOP members who've made it clear they DON'T want him as part of their party because they know full well how bad he makes them look.

And now this latest round of his bullshit is just compounding their problem. So just how much of a risk is the GOP willing to take with him?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #872
Blue Crack Addict

If Donald Trump loses popularity with the uneducated white folk, he's toast.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #873
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I don't see how it's even remotely debatable that this forum is more liberal than the general US population. For the record I think Trump has earned every last bit of the hostility directed at him here and then some, but let's not pretend the attitudes in here toward Trump are indicative of the voting population.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:42 PM   #874
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
I don't see how it's even remotely debatable that this forum is more liberal than the general US population.
Because "we're" so far left, of the general pop is so far right?

Quote:
but let's not pretend the attitudes in here toward Trump are indicative of the voting population.
If you consider that the republican party makes up less than half the population, but for this sake we'll argue that it's 50%, and we know that even though most will vote for him he's divided that 50% somewhat, so how is it not feasible that the attitudes in here are pretty damn close to the voting pop?
Old 06-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #875
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

We've got what, two Trump supporters in here? Versus everyone else who regularly posts? That ratio is maybe 2-20 or even more lopsided than that.

Ever since Trump came on the scene for this election cycle, people have been questioning out loud who would support him, where these people come from, etc. Myself included. And yet he marches on stage after after stage. Seems clear to me these Trump supporters, grudging or not, do exist in substantial numbers.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #876
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I don't see how it's even remotely debatable that this forum is more liberal than the general US population.
Yeah, this I can definitely agree with. We as a whole lean a bit more left from a numbers perspective.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #877
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
If Donald Trump loses popularity with the uneducated white folk, he's toast.
I'll let you know if I start to find him less popular.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I'll let you know if I start to find him less popular.
He's still popular with Chileans!
Old 06-15-2016, 01:24 PM   #879
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
He's still popular with Chileans!
He takes care of his kids!
Old 06-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #880
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Oregoropa, it's funny how you hand wave away the concerns of liberal posters here as "just in this forum" and refer to John Q Public as an apparently entirely conservative entity. You do realize how lazy and inaccurate that representation is, right?

Believe it or not, liberals make up more of the population than just in this forum. They're actually a part of John Q Public, too. Shocking, I know.

Sorry I had to go to bed. Didn't have a chance to address Moonlit Angel bringing up John Q. A Rasmussen poll found only 6% of respondents found the news media to be Very Trustworthy. This was the all-time low I was referring to. According to this survey John Q Public encompasses all political ideologies. Moonlit and Diemen, to what extent to you trust the media?

Addressing other concerns. Recently Trump pulled the credentials of the Washington Post. His defense is that he gives a quote on live TV critical of The Administration, The Post turns around and misquotes him along the lines 'that Obama is in bed with ISIS'. If an acquaintance or co-worker treated you that way you would get angry and take them out of your circle of trust.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 06-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #881
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Oregoropa, it's funny how you hand wave away the concerns of liberal posters here as "just in this forum" and refer to John Q Public as an apparently entirely conservative entity. You do realize how lazy and inaccurate that representation is, right?
I don't read Oreg that way

But this *is* a unique little corner of the internet, and why I still check it out. Now, I might leave shaking my head 90% of the time, but that's not necessarily a bad thing
Old 06-15-2016, 01:39 PM   #882
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Sorry I had to go to bed. Didn't have a chance to address Moonlit Angel bringing up John Q. A Rasmussen poll found only 6% of respondents found the news media to be Very Trustworthy. This was the all-time low I was referring to. According to this survey John Q Public encompasses all political ideologies. Moonlit and Diemen, to what extent to you trust the media?

Addressing other concerns. Recently Trump pulled the credentials of the Washington Post. His defense is that he gives a quote on live TV critical of The Administration, The Post turns around and misquotes him along the lines 'that Obama is in bed with ISIS'. If an acquaintance or co-worker treated you that way you would get angry and take them out of your circle of trust.

Lol

This isn't an office ot a social club. This is one of the final candidates for the highest office in the world limiting access to members of the press who speak ill of him.

And don't try for a second to say that Trump wasn't trying to insinuate that Obama was secretly sympathetic to Islamic extremism. He's purposefully doing it to appeal to the lowest common denominator of the GOP (i.e. his base).
Old 06-15-2016, 01:55 PM   #883
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Lol

This isn't an office or a social club. This is one of the final candidates for the highest office in the world limiting access to members of the press who speak ill of him.
Agreed.

And after all, DT's running against a candidate known for her openness, honesty, and good will.

Both of them hoping to replace the "most transparent administration in history."
Old 06-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #884
Blue Crack Distributor

That's the only response Trump supporters ever have when faced with issues about their candidate... "ummm... uhhhhhhhhhr...Crooked Hillary!"
Old 06-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #885
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Lol

This isn't an office ot a social club. This is one of the final candidates for the highest office in the world limiting access to members of the press who speak ill of him.

And don't try for a second to say that Trump wasn't trying to insinuate that Obama was secretly sympathetic to Islamic extremism. He's purposefully doing it to appeal to the lowest common denominator of the GOP (i.e. his base).

I see your point. My argument is that I don't see the blowback of pulling credentials in the same way you do. He can do that for now and accept the risk that goes along with it. I don't he can pull credentials from the WH press room if he were to become President. That would be unbecoming of the office. The concerns brought up by you are valid. He won't get away with what Woodrow Wilson did.

After this back and forth following Orlando between Obama/Hillary and Trump I suspect Trump will move the needle past his LCD supporters.

Obama's recent statements follow his MO. That's to be expected. What annoys me is that he pivots to blame America for the sins of our past. Yes, we had slavery, Jim Crow, and Japanese internment camps.

When it comes to a Muslim extremist attack like Orlando or San Bernardino he sounds more like a defense attorney. Plays to jury to look inward and question America's injustices. Politicizing the national prayer breakfast telling Christians 'to get off their high horse' citing the bloodshed of the Crusades. It can be argued the Christian response was brought about by Muslim encroachment on the Byzantine empire of modern day Turkey and attacks on pilgrims visiting the Holy Land.

In the end the jury will issue their verdict on November 6th.

Wonder if Obama, Kerry, Clinton have James Taylor on speed dial to see if he's available for closing arguments. Just like he was sent to Paris in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks. 'You've Got a Friend' diplomacy.