2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #601
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
To claim that superdelegates rig the system against the will of the people, to claim that you're above the politics as usual of Washington... and then claim you'll fight on and try to turn the superdelegates to overrule the clear will of the people by every possible measuring stick only proves that Sanders is a hypocrite, that he's no different than anyone else, and a bit of a dick to boot.
Quite a dick actually. He had a fantastic opportunity drop in his lap last night while he was speaking. He said that he got a very gracious call from Sec. Clinton tonight. And the whole crowd broke into boos. And he just sat there.
A perfect opportunity to say - No, No. Listen. We are on the same side in this fight. We have our differences on some important issues, but we stand for many of the same principles that are completely counter to Donald Trump. So booing Sec. Clinton is not the answer...

Something like that...

Wow, would that have been a moment to show that he has some real class and leadership, and to start to bridge the inevitable gap, and healing that needs to take place.

He did no such thing.

I believe every word of the Politico story that dropped last night. That he was the one that made some really bad key decisions, many of which were just being a dick and an obstinate ass.
__________________

__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #602
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,558
Local Time: 07:33 PM
I dont think the AP story hurt Bernie. Seems like it would hurt Clinton more as her supporters would stay home. They won.

Think it was Nate Silver who said that she won 10/11 of the biggest states, and won large in those contests. That is how you get the majority of pledged delegates, not some conspiracy.

The BernieOrBust people are losing it tho. "What about the voter fraud!!! 120,000 votes in Brooklyn thrown out!!!" Etc etc

The Lefts tea party is as bad as the right.

I think Clinton destroys Trump.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BEAL is online now  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #603
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Quite a dick actually. He had a fantastic opportunity drop in his lap last night while he was speaking. He said that he got a very gracious call from Sec. Clinton tonight. And the whole crowd broke into boos. And he just sat there.
A perfect opportunity to say - No, No. Listen. We are on the same side in this fight. We have our differences on some important issues, but we stand for many of the same principles that are completely counter to Donald Trump. So booing Sec. Clinton is not the answer...

Something like that...

Wow, would that have been a moment to show that he has some real class and leadership, and to start to bridge the inevitable gap, and healing that needs to take place.

He did no such thing.

I believe every word of the Politico story that dropped last night. That he was the one that made some really bad key decisions, many of which were just being a dick and an obstinate ass.
This is just complaining for no real reason. What 'healing' does there need to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
The Lefts tea party is as bad as the right.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
I guess we can bow to your endless hot takes.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #604
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,558
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Name:  ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1465399687.002352.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  31.8 KB

Hot cakes??


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is online now  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #605
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I dont think the AP story hurt Bernie. Seems like it would hurt Clinton more as her supporters would stay home. They won.

Think it was Nate Silver who said that she won 10/11 of the biggest states, and won large in those contests. That is how you get the majority of pledged delegates, not some conspiracy.

The BernieOrBust people are losing it tho. "What about the voter fraud!!! 120,000 votes in Brooklyn thrown out!!!" Etc etc

The Lefts tea party is as bad as the right.

I think Clinton destroys Trump.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Exactly, the AP call would do nothing but hurt Clinton. Mook was scrambling the week before trying to get superdelegates to hold off pledging so that she wouldn't reach the number before NJ.

And the Bernie or bust people are far worse than Tea Party or RWNJ's in my opinion. I don't expect anything from the right. I would expect that someone who claims to be a progressive would take the tiny bit of common sense and brain power it requires to see that Clinton is actually a very good choice and very close to Bernie on most issues.
The problem is Bernie. He built this nonsense. He is a cult leader and he is loving every minute of it. He sat and let them applaud him for about 3 or 4 minutes before he spoke last night. When it would start to die down, he would pump his fist and they would cheer more. Jane leaned in, and you could hear her say - "They are in love with you"
Pretty nauseating really.
He has bought into his own myth. He has no concern for anyone but himself.

My only hope is that I trust Obama is about the only person I can think of, that can sit him down and maybe talk some sense into him. But who knows at this point.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #606
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 06:03 AM
I feel like the content in this thread is what flutters around in the head of a writer for the fucking Daily Beast.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #607
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
This is just complaining for no real reason. What 'healing' does there need to be?



I guess we can bow to your endless hot takes.
What healing does there need to be?? Really?
Take about 5 minutes on Twitter and Facebook and you will find virtually every comment from a Bernie supporter is about how Hillary is the anti-Christ that they wouldn't vote for if their child's life was at stake.

You think this happened on its own? No. it's been a year of Bernie grooming them into the rabid, fact-free, paranoid, near-psychotic zombie mob.

They all parrot the same script. Oligarchs, establishment, corporate shill/whore, war-monger, $hillary, everything is rigged, Corporate Media in a conspiracy against them, etc...
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #608
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I feel like the content in this thread is what flutters around in the head of a writer for the fucking Daily Beast.
Classic Bernie supporter statement. Remember, Chelsea Clinton has some remote relation to the Daily Beast, so anything they report is false and part of the conspiracy against Lord Bernie.
Jesus
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #609
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I feel like the content in this thread is what flutters around in the head of a writer for the fucking Daily Beast.


Please do elevate us with your intellectually superior commentary and searing insight.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #610
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
What healing does there need to be?? Really?
Take about 5 minutes on Twitter and Facebook and you will find virtually every comment from a Bernie supporter is about how Hillary is the anti-Christ that they wouldn't vote for if their child's life was at stake.

You think this happened on its own? No. it's been a year of Bernie grooming them into the rabid, fact-free, paranoid, near-psychotic zombie mob.

They all parrot the same script. Oligarchs, establishment, corporate shill/whore, war-monger, $hillary, everything is rigged, Corporate Media in a conspiracy against them, etc...
I don't blame them for not wanting to vote for Clinton.

You say all this, but judging by your constant stream of posts repeating the same thing in this very thread, I'm not convinced that you're above those same Bernie fanatics you deride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Classic Bernie supporter statement. Remember, Chelsea Clinton has some remote relation to the Daily Beast, so anything they report is false and part of the conspiracy against Lord Bernie.
Jesus
That's cute, you think I'm a Bernie supporter?
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #611
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Please do elevate us with your intellectually superior commentary and searing insight.
I can do a thinkpiece on how Trump actually equals a current or former head of state of a country at odds with the US. I hear those have been pretty popular of late.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #612
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I feel like the content in this thread is what flutters around in the head of a writer for the fucking Daily Beast.
Sorry to break it to you, but I think there are a lot of people like me, that started out as strong Bernie supporters, but because of how he ran this campaign, lost us along the way. Really disappointed. If he could have run the campaign he promised, and then backed up his rhetoric with real substance I probably would have stuck with him.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #613
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,181
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I don't blame them for not wanting to vote for Clinton.

You say all this, but judging by your constant stream of posts repeating the same thing in this very thread, I'm not convinced that you're above those same Bernie fanatics you deride.


That's cute, you think I'm a Bernie supporter?
Almost as cute as you thinking that Bernie hasn't caused a divide in the Democratic party that he recently joined.

I would still vote for Bernie in a second. that's the difference. I started out a strong supporter of his. I think he has gotten lost up his ass. But I'm not stupid enough to vote 3rd party or Trump or sit it out.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #614
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but I think there are a lot of people like me, that started out as strong Bernie supporters, but because of how he ran this campaign, lost us along the way. Really disappointed. If he could have run the campaign he promised, and then backed up his rhetoric with real substance I probably would have stuck with him.
Yes, you've mentioned this quite regularly. What I'm interested in is the difference between the campaign he 'promised' and the one he dished up.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #615
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,344
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Well a finalist for the libertarian party chair got in stage and danced naked on C-SPAN, so I think they have my vote now.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com