2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #541
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,600
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Will Bono work with President Trump?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:22 PM   #542
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Hopefully this means the constant whinging over Sanders will cease for good now - here and amongst many liberal media pundits. And less of these BigMacphisto vs. everyone else walls of text that drag on for 5 pages at a time.
hahahaha if you think BMP is gonna accept that Hillary won because of the Super Delegate math
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:12 AM   #543
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,049
Local Time: 05:41 AM
If you reckon Bernie and his supporters are annoying... try meeting an Australian Bernie supporter. A mate of mine is so into it. He's changed his FB profile pic, he has a Bernie T-shirt and he shoves it down your throat.

I get being into American politics, it's very interesting and I love it, but I find it really fucking weird and borderline insane for someone who is not American nor lives there to be so into it - IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Even more hilarious was ABC News Australia posting about the AP/presumptive nominee story this morning, and all the top comments were from Australian Bernie Bros angry at the ABC for their Hillary bias. "It's not decided until July 25!!!" they scream.
__________________
cobl04 is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:15 AM   #544
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,394
Local Time: 01:41 PM
Don't let Axver hear that.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:20 AM   #545
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,394
Local Time: 01:41 PM
WAIT. It was a joke. Don't get mad at me. Please.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:32 AM   #546
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Even more hilarious was ABC News Australia posting about the AP/presumptive nominee story this morning, and all the top comments were from Australian Bernie Bros angry at the ABC for their Hillary bias. "It's not decided until July 25!!!" they scream.
We clearly need another inquiry into the ABC, this time about its right-wing bias.

I'm going to appoint your mate to be the chair, because that's how this process is meant to work.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #547
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,477
Local Time: 01:41 PM
Looks like Crooked Donald paid off the Florida AG to drop that state's investigation into Trump "University"
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:11 AM   #548
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 12:41 PM
Well she's white so she upholds American values.

Oh shit, I'm not supposed to talk about that...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #549
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,600
Local Time: 06:41 PM
I can't wait for the first debate.

Though part of me is really sad that our political system has been reduced to bad reality tv, the entertainment factor will be thru the roof.

Donald trying to debate policy will be interesting. I don't think he even will try. Instead he'll resort to name calling or possibly even back out of the debates because of some bias.

Clinton was announced the winner last night / today. I would even say that's a lil premature just out of class, but it is over. She'll wipe up NJ, and hard to say on CA.

In 2008 Clinton won CA over Obama, but it didn't matter. She had a more viable complaint about contested convention back then as FL and MI primaries didn't count. For all the BernieBro complaints about the super delegates always being for Clinton, the same was said in 2008.

Difference is Obama won the states that mattered and got the popular vote (tho Clinton disputes that too). The Supers then switched over to him and the rest is history.

Sanders could have had that happen too, but he had a lot going against him. For starters he's not even a democrat, and lastly, and most importantly, he just didn't win enough.

No conspiracy. He just lost. But maybe a more progressive plan can work its way into the D party after seeing the passion during this season. Maybe more progressives get into congress because of Bernie.

It'll be interesting to see how Clinton shapes her campaign going forward. Will she pick someone left of her for VP? Does she get a Centrist like her to try and get some of the disgruntled GOP?

This will be an election that people will talk about going forward for a long, long time


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #550
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,477
Local Time: 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well she's white so she upholds American values.

Oh shit, I'm not supposed to talk about that...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Racist!
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #551
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,091
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Paul Ryan has "disavowed" Trump's racist comments, but hasn't withdrawn support. The GOP is now openly supporting a racist. Fantastic.
__________________
trojanchick99 is online now  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #552
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,600
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Haha. Yeah, literally a message board I go to for Hawkeye support has a thread saying the exact same thing.

If you believe Trump is still just a troll (taking it as far as he can), he's done this brilliantly. Now all the GOP members of congress have to answer the questions of supporting a racist for their nominee. How awkward.

What's the convention going to be like???
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:23 PM   #553
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Paul Ryan has "disavowed" Trump's racist comments, but hasn't withdrawn support. The GOP is now openly supporting a racist. Fantastic.
Principled conservatism racism
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #554
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,203
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Now, Bernie is making me angry. This is a guy who talks about the people, and their voice. Hillary has won more votes, more states and more pledged delegates. Digging in his heels isn't helping.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app
The amount of respect i've lost for him over the last two months is nearly immeasurable.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 06-07-2016, 12:47 PM   #555
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,203
Local Time: 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I can't wait for the first debate.

Though part of me is really sad that our political system has been reduced to bad reality tv, the entertainment factor will be thru the roof.

Donald trying to debate policy will be interesting. I don't think he even will try. Instead he'll resort to name calling or possibly even back out of the debates because of some bias.

Clinton was announced the winner last night / today. I would even say that's a lil premature just out of class, but it is over. She'll wipe up NJ, and hard to say on CA.

In 2008 Clinton won CA over Obama, but it didn't matter. She had a more viable complaint about contested convention back then as FL and MI primaries didn't count. For all the BernieBro complaints about the super delegates always being for Clinton, the same was said in 2008.

Difference is Obama won the states that mattered and got the popular vote (tho Clinton disputes that too). The Supers then switched over to him and the rest is history.

Sanders could have had that happen too, but he had a lot going against him. For starters he's not even a democrat, and lastly, and most importantly, he just didn't win enough.

No conspiracy. He just lost. But maybe a more progressive plan can work its way into the D party after seeing the passion during this season. Maybe more progressives get into congress because of Bernie.

It'll be interesting to see how Clinton shapes her campaign going forward. Will she pick someone left of her for VP? Does she get a Centrist like her to try and get some of the disgruntled GOP?

This will be an election that people will talk about going forward for a long, long time


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Just talking about this with my wife last night. The first debate is going to be IN SANE. The ratings will be off the charts. But besides that, it will be so compelling to finally see Trump have to debate against policy.

My guess is that he will stay stuck in the mode he was in for the republican debates, which will get him nowhere.
He will make all personal attacks. And I think that Clinton will be ready to bat them back effectively using policy, and his own words against him.

I also would think there is a 95% chance that Trump will get caught up not knowing some very crucial/obvious information about foreign policy, military, or economy... Starting to reveal to the important middle of the road general election voter, just how vapid he is.

Really can't wait.
__________________

__________________
womanfish is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com