2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #496
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
There's nothing outside the box about his plan But apparently he's still fooling some of you. How he's fooling some of you with college degrees is baffling.

It takes a lot to make significant demographic changes, and Trump has ONLY offended that demographic. You would be a fool to think he gets the same or more than Romney.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What's Hillary's economic plan?

Old 06-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #497
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
He became "legitimate" the moment someone voted for him. So now that we let the village idiots vote, we have to have these discussions. Just like an infection, if you ignore it it spreads.

I'd imagine this is more of a cure resistant strain. Just rest and drink plenty of fluids.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:05 PM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor

Taco bowl
Old 06-06-2016, 12:05 PM   #499
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
What's Hillary's economic plan?

You see, I'm not making out of touch claims like her "out of the box thinking" or that she's going to win over this demographic because the economy is the number one issue.

But if you're truly interested:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issue...rican-incomes/

Old 06-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #500
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I'd imagine this is more of a cure resistant strain. Just rest and drink plenty of fluids.
But you have to acknowledge the infection first and foremost.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:19 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

I play Plague Inc. on my phone and name my virus DWS in honor of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #502
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Am I pretending like Donald Trump doesn't exist? No. I'm saying stop magnifying his comments and giving him free press. This is the same as the argument I was making about being outraged over George Zimmerman. Stop buying the crap he's serving you.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #503
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Am I pretending like Donald Trump doesn't exist? No. I'm saying stop magnifying his comments and giving him free press. This is the same as the argument I was making about being outraged over George Zimmerman. Stop buying the crap he's serving you.
I know what you're saying, I just believe you are wrong. I believe that if you're not calling him out on his shit you're saying that's presidential behavior, or that that's a legitimate argument. If it gives just one person pause then it's worth it.

Sweeping under the rug never solves anything.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #504
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Am I pretending like Donald Trump doesn't exist? No. I'm saying stop magnifying his comments and giving him free press.
You're essentially comparing the GOP's nominee for president with a blog commenter.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #505
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm not sure why you are telling us this. Are we giving him free press here? If this thread didn't exist, do you think that CNN would stop running him on TV all day? And all the other channels too? And all the newspapers, and magazines and late night talk shows, etc? You basically want/expect the public to not discuss what appears to be the only storyline the news media are pushing on us, which just isn't realistic at all. The media is about $$ and will NEVER give up having him on screen 24/7.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:13 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict

I understand the larger point, the one about how the media have erred by making every issue two-sided, even ones where one of the sides should not be entertained as legitimate. But saying "This major party candidate for president is so bad we should not even talk about him" is taking that way beyond the logical extreme.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

As far as college degrees are concerned, it's kind of a dumb group for pollsters to look at. Obama won people with advanced degrees in 2012, but it was basically a 50/50 spread for Bachelor's degrees. It's pretty obvious why. Practically every person the age of sixty or older with a BA is a white male, so it's crazy skewed. In the future, Democrats will win people with BAs by a real lopsided margin as can be seen by the political attitudes of current graduates.

The spread between those with an education and those that are trailer trash will be pretty obvious. Of course, now we know roughly how many trailer trash voters there are thanks to the Trump candidacy.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #508
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I know what you're saying, I just believe you are wrong. I believe that if you're not calling him out on his shit you're saying that's presidential behavior, or that that's a legitimate argument. If it gives just one person pause then it's worth it.

Sweeping under the rug never solves anything.

I don't think you do know what I'm saying, though. And I don't get your presidential comment at all. I'm my sweeping anything under the rug. I'm saying this social rhetoric isn't going anywhere. It's a dead issue. Some people think he's racist, other people see it as political incorrectness or an attempt to target Trump. The only thing beating the dead horse accomplishes is allowing for all press to be Trump press. It doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
You're essentially comparing the GOP's nominee for president with a blog commenter.

What? No I'm not. I'm comparing him for someone who happily manipulates the media so that he's the center of attention 24/7. It's not something we've seen before. To suggest I'm merely marginalizing him as a blog poster is ridiculous. I never said we should pretend Donald Trump is powerless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I'm not sure why you are telling us this. Are we giving him free press here? If this thread didn't exist, do you think that CNN would stop running him on TV all day? And all the other channels too? And all the newspapers, and magazines and late night talk shows, etc? You basically want/expect the public to not discuss what appears to be the only storyline the news media are pushing on us, which just isn't realistic at all. The media is about $$ and will NEVER give up having him on screen 24/7.

Who is "us"? Geez.

And no, I didn't say "if this thread didn't exist, CNN would stop running him all day." Why is everyone drawing conclusions that what I'm saying is outlandish? I'm saying you should talk about the real issues. And stop watching the garbage news.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #509
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I understand the larger point, the one about how the media have erred by making every issue two-sided, even ones where one of the sides should not be entertained as legitimate. But saying "This major party candidate for president is so bad we should not even talk about him" is taking that way beyond the logical extreme.

Holy shit. I never said "don't talk about the major party candidate." I implied that people should stop listening to his obvious troll bait, as it only benefits him.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #510
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post

The spread between those with an education and those that are trailer trash will be pretty obvious. Of course, now we know roughly how many trailer trash voters there are thanks to the Trump candidacy.

Trailer Trash?

Nice.