2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #481
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
Do people still believe this nonsense? We've had 30 years of tax cuts for the rich and corporations that shows that this does not work.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Actually, corporate top tax rates have remained fairly stagnant since 1988. Increasing corporate loopholes is not precisely the same as decreasing tax rates.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #482
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,271
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
I like to look at the trend of the labor force participation rate.
While the trend has been down, it's essentially unchanged since September. And the vast majority of the decreased rate can be attributed to demographics.
__________________

__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 02:41 AM   #483
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,016
Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
There's nothing outside the box about his plan But apparently he's still fooling some of you. How he's fooling some of you with college degrees is baffling.
It would at least not fool anyone who has followed transfer pricing / international tax law the last couple of years.
A 'businessman' making this suggestion at this point of time is somewhat baffling to me.
BEPS results in little value for headquarter activities to move to try and follow lower tax rates, while for production heavy industries a move mainly due to tax rates was never all that profitable.
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 07:12 AM   #484
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,324
Local Time: 07:54 PM
That's because he's a bad businessman.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #485
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Plus, he's a racist. This whole "Mexican judge" thing is hilarious. The House may be in play.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:17 AM   #486
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,271
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Plus, he's a racist. This whole "Mexican judge" thing is hilarious. The House may be in play.
The best part about the "Mexican judge" thing is that Trump believes, at the same time, that people of Mexican heritage are all inherently biased against him and therefore should not, for example, serve as judges BUT that he will also win the Hispanic (mostly Mexican) vote come November, presumably because he ate a taco bowl?
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #487
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,339
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Does anybody ever get tired of talking about it?
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,556
Local Time: 12:54 AM
I think it should be brought up every chance we get, especially in the media.

To ignore or move on from it enables this stupidity and will only lead towards worse behavior

I still think Trump is playing an act. Maybe it's a bet to see how far a character like this can make it, and obviously it's pretty fucking far in this country


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #489
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,339
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I think it should be brought up every chance we get, especially in the media.

To ignore or move on from it enables this stupidity and will only lead towards worse behavior

I still think Trump is playing an act. Maybe it's a bet to see how far a character like this can make it, and obviously it's pretty fucking far in this country


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Talking about it is enabling it. It is legitimizing The irrational things he says as up for debate. I get it, he's legitimate now. But don't you see this is what got us here in the first place?
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #490
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Talking about it is enabling it. It is legitimizing The irrational things he says as up for debate. I get it, he's legitimate now. But don't you see this is what got us here in the first place?
What do you mean by "legitimizing"?

Would keeping silent bring about civil rights for those that don't have them?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:15 AM   #491
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,339
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
What do you mean by "legitimizing"?



Would keeping silent bring about civil rights for those that don't have them?

Donald Trump is a troll. He says stuff like "my African American" because it's on the edge just enough to play the innocent PC card.

All in the meanwhile he's still getting more publicity, and he's still not losing any voters. And the worst part of it all is that because we bought his troll bait comment, now there's a legion of Trumpets that are mindlessly coming to his defense and defending it. And now we have to have a serious discussion as to whether or not an obviously racist comment is racist. Something that most Trump supporters wouldn't have ever said, but now they will because of it. That's what I mean by legitimizing it.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #492
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 07:54 PM
He just wants to own the news cycle.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #493
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,339
Local Time: 07:54 PM
And he's succeeding.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #494
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,556
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Barring a idiotic move by Sanders to destroy the Dem ticket, Trump will be destroyed this November.

We have to remember that while the coverage may appear to boost him, the only people doing the boosting are the networks who WANT\NEED ratings.

A very strong majority of people in this country are appalled by him.

The media could do a much better job of not being bullied, but Trump knows he needs conflict to stay in the daily stream of crap from the media.

He's played the media, and some of the GOP base. Come late summer and I think he'll have the worst polling numbers a nominee has had in a long time


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 11:33 AM   #495
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Donald Trump is a troll. He says stuff like "my African American" because it's on the edge just enough to play the innocent PC card.

All in the meanwhile he's still getting more publicity, and he's still not losing any voters. And the worst part of it all is that because we bought his troll bait comment, now there's a legion of Trumpets that are mindlessly coming to his defense and defending it. And now we have to have a serious discussion as to whether or not an obviously racist comment is racist. Something that most Trump supporters wouldn't have ever said, but now they will because of it. That's what I mean by legitimizing it.
He became "legitimate" the moment someone voted for him. So now that we let the village idiots vote, we have to have these discussions. Just like an infection, if you ignore it it spreads.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com