2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
You really want to find that out?
This. I don't really have the patience to sit through four years of Trump in the hopes that things might eventually get better at the end of his term.

(And if he somehow got a second one? God help us all.)

Old 05-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #287
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
First, I apologize if my tone has been off today. I'm sick and flying cross country. I know you were talking to BVS above, but I mean this generally.

But can you think of anything that did more damage to the beliefs of the Nader movement than Bush/Cheney?

I don't know if it "damaged" it. Bush/Cheney pissed a lot of people off, so in some sense what deep is saying is true. It led to Obama.

I suppose my main point is better illustrated like this: individuals who have the right to vote aren't the issue. The issue is the leaders. If Gore were a better candidate, people wouldn't have voted for Nader. If Clinton were a better candidate, people wouldn't vote for Stein. If Stein were as compromising of a leader as you are, she wouldn't run.

Blame Stein. Blame Nader. Blame republicans. But your tragedy of the commons argument isn't going to satisfy anyone who doesn't want either of the two candidates. Right now, Sanders isn't a problem. And he won't be unless he runs for president. And if he does, he's a dick. Not the people who vote for him.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #288
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

Also, found this article:

Hillary Clinton Violated State Dept. Policies By Using Private Email, Watchdog Finds : The Two-Way : NPR

Clinton and her email. She has done nothing that other SOS have done in the past. The only reason this is an issue, is because she's a Clinton.
This is good news for the nominee.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:14 PM   #289
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
This. I don't really have the patience to sit through four years of Trump in the hopes that things might eventually get better at the end of his term.

(And if he somehow got a second one? God help us all.)
It's more than that. I honestly believe a Trump presidency would be lightyears worse than the 8 years of Bush.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #290
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:59 AM
We'd become the USFL

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 05-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #291
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
It's more than that. I honestly believe a Trump presidency would be lightyears worse than the 8 years of Bush.
Do you actually think he'd be able to get anything done? I feel like he'd be like a fish out of water in Washington and his temperament is totally unsuited to kissing ass and making deals of any kind. The Republicans simply won't have the sorts of majorities he'd need to push through any of his ridiculous agenda (if it even survives the election) and you'd also have a number of Republicans who would have to go against him to save their own hide in the midterms.

By no means am I advocating voting for this freak but I have a hard time imagining the damage he could cause unless there was a catastrophic terrorist attack or something of that sort.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

i don't give a shit about trump being the day-to-day president. he wouldn't be able to get any actual laws through congress, and most of the dumber points of his campaign (ie the wall) are impossible anyways.

but think about how 9-11 and its aftermath would have gone if it happened during a donald trump administration.

edit: woah, we just posted the exact same thing
Old 05-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #293
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Meanwhile in 'I wonder what Ted Cruz is up to?'

One of my best friends sat next to him on a Southwest flight today from Houston to DC.
Your friend really ought to have reported the location of the Zodiac Killer to the police. It's lucky everybody got off the plane alive.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2016, 07:35 PM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I wonder how Trump will use or dismantle our unofficial 4th branch of Government . . . The Regulatory Agencies, who can be activated through executive fiat. I foresee a neutering of the EPA as a President Trump would loosen restrictions on fossil fuel extraction. I don't think he'd give a whoot about the Sage Grouse habitat if it stood in the way of pumping more oil. His business mind would be focused on exporting resource energy to other countries. Wouldn't be surprised if he had the interior department sell off federal lands out west to try to balance the books. If he sell off BLM land to mining interests he certainly wouldn't allow Russian or Chinese interests to purchase them. These are my hypothetical musings

If the Democrats were to retake the Senate at some point I can see him ramping up executive orders to satisfy his 'get shit done despite you' Ego.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:40 PM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

the chinese wouldn't be interested in them because the real mining money these days is in rare earths, 95%+ of which are already in/under china.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #296
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
most likely a 4 year stagnation or set back, and then 8+ years of a progressive agenda moving the country ahead

And that's some white privilege.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #297
Refugee

Quote:
If the Democrats were to retake the Senate at some point I can see him ramping up executive orders to satisfy his 'get shit done despite you' Ego.

Wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events. Unfortunate maybe, but interesting all the same.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #298
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

And the right would remain silent with no mention of "dictator" or "unconstitutional" because he's white and has an R.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #299
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Do you actually think he'd be able to get anything done? I feel like he'd be like a fish out of water in Washington and his temperament is totally unsuited to kissing ass and making deals of any kind. The Republicans simply won't have the sorts of majorities he'd need to push through any of his ridiculous agenda (if it even survives the election) and you'd also have a number of Republicans who would have to go against him to save their own hide in the midterms.

By no means am I advocating voting for this freak but I have a hard time imagining the damage he could cause unless there was a catastrophic terrorist attack or something of that sort.

Supreme Court appointments and eroding our relationships with allies is enough to be scared.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:25 PM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Supreme Court appointments and eroding our relationships with allies is enough to be scared.

All about this. He gets a few SC justices put on the court, and all of those abortion rights, minority rights, and the corporate "rights" go back a century.

The damage, in my opinion, would never be undone.