2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I voted in person at the polls today in the CA primary. I have voted in person at every election since I have been elgible to vote. Therefore, I get the right to bitch. I also just wrote a check for $30,000 to the IRS as an estimate for my 2016 Federal income Taxes. I pay a lot into the system to support the government we all enjoy. Again, we people say the government should do this or provide that, I am one of the ones that get some things and also gets to write the checks that pays for things. Of course many of us in here are earning decent livings and able to pay healthy taxes to our governments to support them.

Well, in CA we have open primaries. I could have voted for Rubio, or Kasic, but voted for Trump. For US Senate I voted for a Democrat. For US Congress, I voted against my 10 term GOP Congressman and for the Democrat.

So much for my secret ballot.

What percentage of your income do you pay in taxes?

So I voted in person at the polls today in the CA primary. I have voted in person at every election since I have been elgible to vote. Therefore, I get the right to bitch. I also just wrote a check for $30,000 to the IRS as an estimate for my 2016 Federal income Taxes. I pay a lot into the system to support the government we all enjoy. Again, we people say the government should do this or provide that, I am one of the ones that get some things and also gets to write the checks that pays for things. Of course many of us in here are earning decent livings and able to pay healthy taxes to our governments to support them.
Well, in CA we have open primaries. I could have voted for Rubio, or Kasic, but voted for Trump. For US Senate I voted for a Democrat. For US Congress, I voted against my 10 term GOP Congressman and for the Democrat.
So much for my secret ballot.
So you support racism?

What choice does he have? They can't do anything now. It's too late.
giphy.gif

Hearing on the news that Trump only gets 18% of the Latino vote (Romney got 27%) and is only winning white Republican women by 1%.

Disaster.

Hearing on the news that Trump only gets 18% of the Latino vote (Romney got 27%) and is only winning white Republican women by 1%.

Disaster.

No no no, the minions say he gets more than 27. Didn't you see the pictures? I mean he ate a taco bowl, he loves the brown people.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Trump trying to persuade the BernieBro vote now with all his anti establishment talk. Actually sounds like he read one of Sanders' campaign speeches

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As a homosexual, I think I'm a member of the only major minority group that Trump hasn't openly denigrated.

That's a new, odd feeling.

The (R) on the ballot stands for racist, I guess. Two syllables is a lot easier to say than four, so I'll just stick with that from now on. Saves time. :up:

Always enjoy Bernie's speeches. Great delivery with real conviction. Hillary, if you look at her eyes you can tell she does not even believe the crap she is spewen. Totally crooked, 100 per cent.

I don't even believe that post is real, it's such a parody.

I've never been the biggest Hillary fan, but it's a nice feeling for us gals to see her up there this morning. I've spent my entire legal career surrounded by mostly old, white men, so even a semblance of progress is a nice thing.

There are so many Republicans tripping over the "Trump needs to act more presidential" meme. Not "he needs to not be racist/say racist things", but needs to "act" more presidential. I hope Hillary wipes the floor with him and this entire unprincipled party.

Honestly, I think Bernie's efforts were fruitless once she appeared presumptive.

Its funny. The "bernieorbust" crowd is all up in arms about the AP calling her the presumptive nominee on Monday. But, you're right. I think once New York, PA, MD, CT, etc... Anyone paying attention that wasn't in fantasyland knew that she was the presumptive nominee at that point.
This was reflected in the national polling, where she went from about 3 points ahead of Sanders in April to about 15 points by last week.

I mean it might have been a bit dickish to Sanders to claim her as the nominee, but that's what we do as journalists. We chase stories. So the obvious thing to do is ring the superdelegates and ask how they're voting.

There's a not-insignificant subset of BernieBro twitter users who are going to vote Trump. One said "I firmly believe four years of Trump would be better than eight years of Hillary".

To claim that superdelegates rig the system against the will of the people, to claim that you're above the politics as usual of Washington... and then claim you'll fight on and try to turn the superdelegates to overrule the clear will of the people by every possible measuring stick only proves that Sanders is a hypocrite, that he's no different than anyone else, and a bit of a dick to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom