2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #241
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:25 AM
https://youtu.be/ep2pyvKTiG0

Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #242
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:25 AM
You guys just don't understand math.

Trump: 2+2 = whatever you want it to be, we just print more.

Sanders: 2+2 = millions, the messiah could feed the nation with just one fish and one piece of bread.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 05-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #243
Blue Crack Distributor

Clinton won the Washington primary yesterday but will recieve no delegates because the establishment already awarded them to the old white guy in the race in a silly, voter repressing caucus earlier in the year.

Clinton won the primary by more votes than the total number of people who voted in the entire caucus, yet will lose the delegates in the state 74 to 27 because the establishment already decided the caucus will count and not the primary.

Rigged! It's rigged!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #244
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Wait, why the hell does Washington have a caucus and a primary?

Is there also going to be one presidential election by secret ballot and then a second by verbal declaration? With the exact weighting of results determined by the temperature on the day of each vote?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #245
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
My media knowledge of that election coverage starts and stops at the RATM video for Testify.

Watch the HBO movie Recount. Very entertaining with a great cast all about the Florida vote count. Quotable dialogue.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Clinton won the Washington primary yesterday but will recieve no delegates because the establishment already awarded them to the old white guy in the race in a silly, voter repressing caucus earlier in the year.

Clinton won the primary by more votes than the total number of people who voted in the entire caucus, yet will lose the delegates in the state 74 to 27 because the establishment already decided the caucus will count and not the primary.

Rigged! It's rigged!

Only rigged when It benefits Clinton, DUH

Wish the CA primary was this week. Just have it over with. There are demonstrations every weekend at Balboa (which is my backyard) so it's screwing over my parking situation and the constant horn honking is irritating haha. Lots of angry revolution talk through speaker phones

Old 05-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #247
45:33

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ahh my mistake. I'd start the countdown to Shorten cracking it, but the ALP Right already seems to be doing a good enough job for him.
and now the ALP Left is fully in support of their party's refugee policy
Old 05-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #248
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Only rigged when It benefits Clinton, DUH

Wish the CA primary was this week. Just have it over with. There are demonstrations every weekend at Balboa (which is my backyard) so it's screwing over my parking situation and the constant horn honking is irritating haha. Lots of angry revolution talk through speaker phones

It's hard for me to feel bad for you when you tell me in this post that Balboa is your backyard. :P

Old 05-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #249
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:25 AM
Haha. Yeah. Wonderful view of downtown skyline and harbor. To my left is balboa. Def my favorite place I've lived so far in SD

Old 05-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #250
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Change it to "if you don't vote for Clinton you therefore vote for Trump" and it is true.

A vote is a tool. That's all.

No, that's not true. Depending upon issues that people hold disproportionately near to them, that is not true. You can't be such an idealist over it. There are people out there who legitimately do not like Trump or Clinton and aren't abandoning some fictitious moral obligation to side with a party.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #251
ONE
love, blood, life

2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Wait, why the hell does Washington have a caucus and a primary?

Is there also going to be one presidential election by secret ballot and then a second by verbal declaration? With the exact weighting of results determined by the temperature on the day of each vote?

I'm equally confused. Yesterday I saw a bunch of friends on Facebook in Washington getting out to vote and I was rather unsure.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:30 PM   #252
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
No, that's not true. Depending upon issues that people hold disproportionately near to them, that is not true. You can't be such an idealist over it. There are people out there who legitimately do not like Trump or Clinton and aren't abandoning some fictitious moral obligation to side with a party.
How is he being an "idealist"? It's just common sense. You can speak to the merits all you want, but the practicality of it is; in a 2 party system if you don't vote for the major candidate that is running opposite of the person you don't want as president then you are voting to help that candidate.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #253
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
How is he being an "idealist"? It's just common sense. You can speak to the merits all you want, but the practicality of it is; in a 2 party system if you don't vote for the major candidate that is running opposite of the person you don't want as president then you are voting to help that candidate.

How is viewing every single voter as an asset to his side being an idealist? I don't know, maybe because it's oversimplifying the dynamics and reasons for voting.

If I'm voting for Clinton, therefore I am not voting for Trump. If I'm not voting for Clinton, therefore I am not not voting for Trump (or, I am). That's pretty much denying the antecedent in a nutshell. You're supporting argument is a total logical fallacy. It doesn't hold up.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #254
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post

in the American system, a third party vote is pure protest. you are in fact throwing your vote away in the mostly misguided hope that it will matter next time. in the parliamentary system you can vote your conscience and expect your chosen MPs to make a deal with whoever they find least loathsome, but not here.

you may not like it, but -- and i will qualify my statement with the following -- if you live in a state where your vote matters it is your civic responsibility to vote for the major party candidate who best represents your values. if you can't figure out who that is, it's your job to figure it out and make peace with it, down to the state and to the Congressional race. if you choose not to use it productively, you do own the result. if you believe that blowing up the American way is genuinely better than leveraging the current system in order to change it, you probably have limited experience with actual revolutions.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
in the parliamentary system you can vote your conscience and expect your chosen MPs to make a deal with whoever they find least loathsome, but not here.
That's not how it really works.

First of all you can't vote your conscience if you are in a contested riding because so many parties can mean that the vote is split with a loathsome person coming out on top in the end so you have to vote strategically. Second, you most certainly cannot "expect" your MP to make a deal with whoever they find the least loathsome, voting is nearly uniformly along party lines.