2016 US Presidential Election Pt. IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump will not be the next president.

66127754.jpg

Donald Trump will not be the next president.

Exactly, and neither will Bernie Sanders.

I actually think Mr. Trump is the best thing to happen to our political system in ages. I personally believe he is a troll, and the nation is reacting exactly the way he wants. Of course he's full of shit, full of himself, and is enjoying every moment of this.

The GOP is a mess, and he's helping them along towards a total meltdown/destruction, which, and this is my HOPE, will split the party of it's fanatical right wing/religious members, and it's more moderate members.

Trump has said some of the most disgusting things, and yet he continues to get support. I thank him for exposing the bigots, racists, and fascists in this country.

net plus
independents should see this as an independent move on his part and not being there everytime someone attacks him it just confirms he is the leader
and this bunch will seem boring without him

Exactly.

the echo chamber in here has themselves convinced of quite a bit

one thing I am pretty sure of is that Trump's chances are 4-5 times better than the aggregate assessment in here, they have been wrong on him the whole time and are not understanding what he stands for and wants to accomplish

that said, my handicapping still sees Hillary our most likely next president, and without a doubt Trump can give her the biggest challenge of the potential GOP candidates,

January 20th - CNN conducts poll pitting Sanders and Clinton versus GOP candidates in Florida, New Hampshire and North Carolina

January 17th - NBC News conducts national polls pitting Sanders and Clinton against GOP candidates

January 10th - NBC/WSJ/Marist conducts polls pitting Sanders and Clinton against GOP candidates in Iowa and New Hampshire

And there's plenty more than that. You just had to scroll down...Sanders performs much better most of the time and way outperforms Clinton in swing state and national polls.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

one thing I am pretty sure of is that Trump's chances are 4-5 times better than the aggregate assessment in here, they have been wrong on him the whole time and are not understanding what he stands for and wants to accomplish

:up:

that said, my handicapping still sees Hillary our most likely next president, and without a doubt Trump can give her the biggest challenge of the potential GOP candidates,

5x0 is still zero

Very vocal minorities don't win elections.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm crap at making predictions about this stuff, so I'm going to leave it to those more experienced in that arena. I'm just going to continue focusing on what I want to happen (a Democrat wins the election in November), and what I don't want to happen (Trump becoming the Republican nominee), and leave it at that.

Also...

I am so fucking sick of hearing about Donald Trump.

Just wanted to say that.

Please carry on.

Fuck Ted Cruz

just wanted to say that.

I very much agree with both of these sentiments :up:. And LOL at the Steve Harvey thing Oregoropa shared.

I think you're missing that for many of us, it's not that we don't think he has somewhat of a chance (terrifyingly he does), it's that we still find it hard to believe that he's for real.

I keep thinking, this is a man who never really worked that hard, he was born into money and managed things from above while living a life of luxury. Now at almost 70 he wants to bust his ass?

In addition to Mazin and Leitch, several fellow classmates who asked that their names not be used described the young Cruz with words like “abrasive,” “intense,” “strident,” “crank,” and “arrogant.” Four independently offered the word “creepy,” with some pointing to Cruz’s habit of donning a paisley bathrobe and walking to the opposite end of their dorm’s hallway where the female students lived.

“I would end up fielding the [girls’] complaints: ‘Could you please keep your roommate out of our hallway?’” Mazin says.

this is golden

watch for Rubio to overperform and Trump to underperform. Cruz has peaked.

Hillary will win Iowa, but not by much.

Hard to say about Iowa and Hillary. Des Moines now considers itself the hippest place on earth, and they love Bernie.....and if he doesn't win, then they won't vote in the election. Kind of a sour grapes, but that's young people for you ;)

I won't be shocked if Bernie wins, but I think after NH, he's done.

No clue on the GOP side. Iowa picks the wrong candidate every cycle, and it's because their method only brings out the nuts.

watch for Rubio to overperform and Trump to underperform. Cruz has peaked.

Hillary will win Iowa, but not by much.

and this means if Trump wins with 29% Cruz 26% and Rubio 19%

your takeaway is correct??

and then if or when Trump wins the chorus will be Iowa winner does not get the nomination, yada, yada, yada

these cauci, as I said last time and everytime, are total and complete crap
someone will get the nomination, and then people will go back and fill in for their own bias

in 2008 Iowa was paramount for choosing one of the nominees, case in point

and this means if Trump wins with 29% Cruz 26% and Rubio 19%

your takeaway is correct??

and then if or when Trump wins the chorus will be Iowa winner does not get the nomination, yada, yada, yada

these cauci, as I said last time and everytime, are total and complete crap
someone will get the nomination, and then people will go back and fill in for their own bias

in 2008 Iowa was paramount for choosing one of the nominees, case in point

of course the GOP race in Iowa is crap. however, if it shows a specific candidate has "momentum," it can pay off later down the stretch.

my sense is that Cruz has had his moment, and that the establishment is going to rally around Rubio as the best non-Trump option if he looks like he has "momentum." what Rubio needs to do is outperform his polling. he may lose again in New Hampshire, but if he outperforms his polling again, he will look good in the slave southern states.

(yankee) Trump will do better in slave states than fake, whiny Southerner Marco Rubio.

Trump may well do better -- but all Rubio needs to do is become the non-Trump. that's what's going to happen over the next few weeks. Trump vs. not-Trump. my sense, right now, is that Rubio is looking best to be not-Trump.

he's not a fake, whiny Southerner. he's the GOP's Obama: vaguely foreign looking kid who made good and may or may not be an empty suit with bad credit.

he's going to get quite a scolding from his 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Clinton, in the general.

Once Fiorina, Kasich, Paul, and Carson get out of the race (Paul I only include because I think his tactic of a boycott backfired when he appeared to be a big baby about it)... and probably Christie too... it will be a lot clearer as to what is steam versus what is made to stay.

I, for one, don't think Jeb Bush is done. There's this big anti-establishment majority right now, but I think those are just the energized voices. There's an arbitrary amount of establishment support that I think will start to turn around, be that for Bush or Christie.

I honestly don't see Rubio making it. I thought he'd be the last man standing before this all started but he comes across as so lazy, so high-schoolish in debates and just generally like an annoying person who studied hard and is book smart but nobody actually likes at the end of the day. On paper he looks great, in real life, totally different story.

I also wouldn't count out Jebbie quite yet, even though he's been the singularly most disappointing candidate.

I honestly don't see Rubio making it. I thought he'd be the last man standing before this all started but he comes across as so lazy, so high-schoolish in debates and just generally like an annoying person who studied hard and is book smart but nobody actually likes at the end of the day.

Likeability works, and it's hard to fake.

Have you heard/read about his former Freshman year roommate's Twitter account about how loathsome he was even at 19?

Fuckin' Craig Mazin: An Appreciation of Ted Cruz's College Roommate 

It's a joy to read.

No i hadn't seen that but thanks :up:

I love this part:

And, in a quote that holds just as true today, Mazin said he wouldn’t be voting for the guy for president: “I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone. I would rather pick somebody from the phone book.”

He said he would rather pick someone from the phone book...that's so great....i kind of feel the same way! Isn't it interesting that everyone who actually knows Ted Cruz hates him?

After the first couple of primaries, as the riff raff start to drop off, a clear establishment candidate will come out... Whoever that is will have in the nomination. Probably Rubio.

Perhaps this is me just thinking that the Republican electorate isn't made up entirely of racist idiots. Only partially.

This is the first debate I've watched and it's pretty amazing. Christie pivoted a Kim Davis question into ISIS in only 30 seconds, and Carson appeared to blackout in the middle of a question about Russia and spit out something like "Putin is a one horse ... country ... oil ... energy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom