2016 US Presidential Election Pt. IV - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:50 AM

Old 01-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #317
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

the American right are going to put The Onion out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 01-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
the American right are going to put The Onion out of business.

its a beautiful thing
Old 01-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #319
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Did Palin really say Trump is going to unite all races and religions?

I don't even know what to do with that...

Old 01-19-2016, 08:45 PM   #320
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Did Palin really say Trump is going to unite all races and religions?

I don't even know what to do with that...

it united white people and orange people.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I've never jumped on the "Lets trash Palin" bandwagon. I have liked some things she has said and other things I have disagree with her on.

But the amount of personal insults and trash thrown at her for the past eight years has been pretty profane. Like the comment that some slaves were punished by having another slave defecate in his mouth and she should get the same.

Some have no problem ratcheting-up-the-insults when Sarah Palin is the target.
I don't appreciate any rhetoric that gets into racism, sexism, or anything like that, no matter the target. Anyone who says things that go in that direction about Palin are worthy of derision.

That said, there are plenty of female public figures who have had similar comments made about them who are far more worthy of your defense than Sarah Palin, who herself has done many, many things that deserve criticism. She is bad for the country and I wish nothing more than for her to stay wholly irrelevant in the national conversation unless it's to warn others what not to be like.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:33 AM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Sarah Palin is a profoundly incurious and stupid person. You can call it a personal insult, I call it a statement of fact. The idea that frontrunners of a national party should be fighting for her endorsement is the stuff of a bad soap opera plot and not serious political discourse but there you have it.

And of course she was going to endorse Trump. This woman can smell the greenbacks a mile away, let's at least give her that much credit. What good is Ted Cruz to a grifter like her?
You just have a bias towards your countryman

Old 01-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:50 PM
What the hell is the qualification, or track record, of half these clowns running for the GOP nomination anyhow? I mean, if you dial back some decades, as divisive a figure as Nixon was, there wasn't any real doubt that he had runs on the board. I wouldn't have voted for the fucker, but he was a former vice president with actual ideas about government. Trump? Cruz? Fuck outta here.

I think the rot started with Reagan.

(and yeah, though I'd prefer him to the likely alternatives these last eight years, Obama is the celebrity candidate par excellance. A senator who gave some good speeches.)
Old 01-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #324
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
What the hell is the qualification, or track record, of half these clowns running for the GOP nomination anyhow? I mean, if you dial back some decades, as divisive a figure as Nixon was, there wasn't any real doubt that he had runs on the board. I wouldn't have voted for the fucker, but he was a former vice president with actual ideas about government. Trump? Cruz? Fuck outta here.

(and yeah, though I'd prefer him to the likely alternatives these last eight years, Obama is the celebrity candidate par excellance. A senator who gave some good speeches.)

There is a Cruz/Obama comparison to be made, at least when it comes to qualifying experiences. But what we're seeing in parts of the GOP base is a huge anti-establishment movement, and the belief that the system is so corrupt and the GOP establishment so ineffectual, that the best experience is lack of political experience.

This should come as a surprise to left wingers "disappointed" by Obama for failing to turn the US into Iceland in 8 years. Many on the right feel as if Obama has won at every turn, and they've been sold out and betrayed by the GOP establishment since the 2010 midterms when the Tea Party made major Congressional gains.

Some of that is true. The GOP only really cares about lowering taxes on rich people, all the social conservative hoo-ha and "starve the beast" talk is just to get the troops riled up and to the polls. The party is fracturing, and the delicious irony is that Trump is exactly the kind of guy who the GOP establishment cared most about -- a tycoon who only wants to get rich(er).
Old 01-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post

It's a throw the bums out kind of mood across the board. Having a lengthy resume is actually detrimental. Jeb is getting nowhere touting his experience as a successful governor (although he has now pulled ahead of Rubio in some polls)

Sanders is riding the same wave on the Democratic side going against the establishment Clinton. She has a recent resume from her stint as Secretary of State, unfortunately for her it's not a very good one. She gave Russia a red reset button as a symbolic gift, now they have taken over Crimea and are engaged in a proxy war with Ukraine In Donetsk and Luhansk. The Libya misadventures and rise of ISIL occurring in short order after her departure. Not to mention the handling of sensitive emails of which 2 were found to be SAP (above top secret) than managed to migrate to her private server. I think a while back I predicted she wouldn't be the nominee, because she'd be forced to drop out due to the scandal. That was before it has reached this level of security breach.

There has to be somebody waiting in the wings ready to hop in (Biden, Warren) should Clintons creek situation continue get stinkier.

That leaves the Democrats with Sanders who could end up being McGovern with a Twitter handle. The man would drive every business abroad and cause the 1% to relocate to Belize with his punitive taxes to pay for a cradle to grave entitlement state. While this may sound great to out of work millennials, B&B owners in Vermont and Napa Valley it just has no basis in mathematic logic.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #326
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I think a while back I predicted she wouldn't be the nominee, because she'd be forced to drop out due to the scandal. That was before it has reached this level of security breach.
I remember that prediction. Still doesn't seem likely to happen.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
You just have a bias towards your countryman
What a terrifying photo!

Funny thing is he's actually Canadian-born and I am not.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I remember that prediction. Still doesn't seem likely to happen.

The mind of a politician like HRC (or anyone else on the current docket) must be a crazy place to reside. Perhaps a good premise for "Inside Out 2"

Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #329
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I think this notion that Clinton will be in prison and Biden is waiting on the sidelines only exists in the right wing blogs. It's a right wing wet dream, they've been fantasizing about it since Bill. In the real world no one is worrying about this.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:29 PM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

Sarah Palin follows up her endorsment of Trump by blaming Obama for her son assaulting his wife.