2016 US Presidential Election Pt. IV - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:57 AM
You can probably buy all the calculators in the state of Texas for the sum it costs to keep someone in prison for two years.

The justice system in this country is shameful. It's unfair, it's ineffective, it's costly, it punishes the poor and minorities. And nobody does anything about it because somehow it means you are "soft on crime".

Old 01-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
That means I'm rolling my eyes at BVS making it personal (completely unprovoked).
oh alright.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #153
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
You can probably buy all the calculators in the state of Texas for the sum it costs to keep someone in prison for two years.
I think that's a great alternative

Old 01-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Sanders now leads in Iowa...but we all could have predicted this would eventually happen by the time the caucus rolled around...once people make the decision to support Sanders which is pretty much always done based on the issues rather than the personality, they unsurprisingly stick with him and it leads to him constantly gaining on Clinton everywhere the closer we get to these election dates. The big questions of course are still whether he has enough time to flip more states and not lose so badly in places of South Carolina and just how many black supporters will come around to the guy (I think latinos will be a little more open minded since they aren't constantly saying "But Clinton served the black President!" in their heads).

Also, O'Malley might not make the next debate.

Quinnipiac poll: Sanders surges to retake lead in Iowa | TheHill

And, not surprisingly, Sanders fares much much better in both state and national matchups against Republicans than Clinton does as evidenced in all of these NBC polls from a few days ago...she has far more baggage.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
Old 01-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #155
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
(I think latinos will be a little more open minded since they aren't constantly saying "But Clinton served the black President!" in their heads).

Them blacks stick together, right pa?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 01-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Clearly Nickleback are Hitler's Germany

Fun fact, a Krüger was the leader of the SS.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Them blacks stick together, right pa?
I hate how quick people are to accuse someone of racism when they bring up identity politics...Clinton served under the Obama administration and that has brought her practically the entire support of this country's black populace at the moment. That's all I'm saying. I personally believe that if Obama had just cast her adrift and not hired her that she wouldn't have that advantage at all with the community and might even be worse off right now given the racially charged moments of her '08 campaign...
Old 01-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #158
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I hate how quick people are to accuse someone of racism when they bring up identity politics...Clinton served under the Obama administration and that has brought her practically the entire support of this country's black populace at the moment. That's all I'm saying. I personally believe that if Obama had just cast her adrift and not hired her that she wouldn't have that advantage at all with the community and might even be worse off right now given the racially charged moments of her '08 campaign...

The way you stated it was not about identity politics or support. You basically said they won't think for themselves because she served the black president.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:36 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And I meant it. Not for everyone, as more educated voters are always going to base their decisions on the actual issues. I'm sure most of the people heavily involved in the Black Live's Matter movement will also be taking a closer look at things before making their decisions.

But in general? The least educated group in the entire country and the only core constituency that still gives Obama insanely high approval ratings supporting Clinton simply because she worked for the first black President? Yes, I believe that's the case. And no, it isn't racist to think so.

Other than Clinton trying to call Sanders weak on guns because he came from a rural state and opposed one significant law, where else does she actually offer more to America's most screwed over community that Sanders doesn't? Nowhere.

It's similar to Lena Dunham recently claiming that she supports Clinton because of the issues and not because she's a woman. And what issues exactly would that be, Lena? You're against Medicare for all, less foreign intervention/drone strikes and stiffer Wall Street regulation? Her support is entirely because Clinton is a woman.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #160
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Her support is entirely because Clinton is a woman.
Thank goodness we have a man to clear this up for us and for Lena.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #161
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And I meant it. Not for everyone, as more educated voters are always going to base their decisions on the actual issues. I'm sure most of the people heavily involved in the Black Live's Matter movement will also be taking a closer look at things before making their decisions.

But in general? The least educated group in the entire country and the only core constituency that still gives Obama insanely high approval ratings supporting Clinton simply because she worked for the first black President? Yes, I believe that's the case. And no, it isn't racist to think so.

Other than Clinton trying to call Sanders weak on guns because he came from a rural state and opposed one significant law, where else does she actually offer more to America's most screwed over community that Sanders doesn't? Nothing.

It's similar to Lena Dunham recently claiming that she supports Clinton because of the issues and not because she's a woman. And what issues exactly would that be, Lena? You're against Medicare for all, less foreign intervention/drone strikes and stiffer Wall Street regulation? Her support is entirely because Clinton is a woman.

WOW

Old 01-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Until Lena actually says what the "issues" are that gives Clinton the edge for her vote, I will be correct in my assessment.

Brought to you by the woman who made up a fake college rape and blamed it on someone with the same real life name, encouraged people to vote like crazy for Obama in 2012 even though she didn't vote in the mid-terms, calls Woody Allen a child molester and pens an editorial about it because she's friends with Ronan Farrow (when the only one proven to have inappropriately touched a young girl is Lena herself) and writes a television show dedicated to showing men as being awful in the sack as much as possible. Yes, she clearly as her issues.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
WOW
And here chugs along the modern train of people trying to twist things around so they can point fingers and go "He said something wrong!"

Least educated part of the populace? Fact.

Cite Hillary working for Obama as a key reason for their support as written about in various newspaper articles so far in the campaign? Fact.

America's most screwed over community? Fact.

So, where exactly did I say something untruthful or racist?
Old 01-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #164
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And here chugs along the modern train of people trying to twist things around so they can point fingers and go "He said something wrong!"

Least educated part of the populace? Fact.

Cite Hillary working for Obama as a key reason for their support as written about in various newspaper articles so far in the campaign? Fact.

America's most screwed over community? Fact.

So, where exactly did I say something untruthful or racist?

I'm just wondering what group you side with in the identity politics game? We've learned women will like music if it's sung by someone overweight, black people group think, and women voting for Clinton don't know the issues. So I'm curious what's your group?

Old 01-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #165
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Until Lena actually says what the "issues" are that gives Clinton the edge for her vote, I will be correct in my assessment.

Brought to you by the woman who made up a fake college rape and blamed it on someone with the same real life name, encouraged people to vote like crazy for Obama in 2012 even though she didn't vote in the mid-terms, calls Woody Allen a child molester and pens an editorial about it because she's friends with Ronan Farrow (when the only one proven to have inappropriately touched a young girl is Lena herself) and writes a television show dedicated to showing men as being awful in the sack as much as possible. Yes, she clearly as her issues.

the only people who hate Lena Dunham this much post on right wing blogs.