2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one with the best chance is Jeb Bush, but has almost zero chance of getting out of his own party's primary (and that was so predictable).

It's just so obvious. I don't know if he's really a "plant" by HRC, but he's effectively the same thing with the shit he's been saying.

He is in it for his ego, and to see how far he can get. I don't for a believe for even one second that he truly stands behind what he has said. He's done it to get ratings, get people talking about him. It'll be a best selling book and/or movie when it's all said and done.

It's just so obvious. I don't know if he's really a "plant" by HRC, but he's effectively the same thing with the shit he's been saying.

He is in it for his ego, and to see how far he can get. I don't for a believe for even one second that he truly stands behind what he has said. He's done it to get ratings, get people talking about him. It'll be a best selling book and/or movie when it's all said and done.

Mark Cuban, who is a friend of Trump's, effectively said the same thing last night, that he doesn't believe what he says, he's just pandering for votes and playing to the collective anxiety that exists in portions of the American population.

I'm opting out of being "people."

I've been on the "this is all nonsense in some facet" wagon for a long time. I don't take Trump seriously. He's not doing this because he's racist. He's doing this because he's a very good businessman and he knows how to get results.

I've been on the "this is all nonsense in some facet" wagon for a long time. I don't take Trump seriously. He's not doing this because he's racist. He's doing this because he's a very good businessman and he knows how to get results.

But what's his endgame? Is it to punk the right wing base? To help Hillary? Because this can't be good for his business...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What's the upside, though? Seems like he's doing damage to his brand?

Why is it so hard to believe that Trump actually wants to be president? At this point it has gone far beyond brand recognition, Democratic "plant" theories, etc etc.

I think Trump was generally surprised how quickly he shot up in the polls. He's a vehicle for his supporters to vent at the PC culture and their own party. I don't think that his supporters hate Mexicans or Muslims . . . I think they hate Progressives. They love watching them go bonkers, when he says something incendiary. Obama and the Left gave birth to Trump.

Why is it so hard to believe that Trump actually wants to be president? At this point it has gone far beyond brand recognition, Democratic "plant" theories, etc etc.

The idea has been in his head since the 80s when he walked the floor of the GOP Convention. Advisors to Bush the Elder actually floated his name on a long list of VP possibilities in 1988, before he settled on Quayle. The list had been whittled down by the time it got to 41.

I think Trump was generally surprised how quickly he shot up in the polls. He's a vehicle for his supporters to vent at the PC culture and their own party. I don't think that his supporters hate Mexicans or Muslims . . . I think they hate Progressives. They love watching them go bonkers, when he says something incendiary. Obama and the Left gave birth to Trump.

And I think you hate the truth because it's too ugly to face.

*btw, racism or xenophobia doesn't always equal "hate" it doesn't always come in a hood.

Last edited:

Do you really believe that? Don't you think he's proven this already? All press is good press. This is only making Trump's name flat out iconic.

And I never said he wasn't an egomaniac. This could very well just be a fun way for him to "test" how his money would do in an investment like this.

Some nice hot takes here by Oregoropa.

Because he's historically been a Democrat? Because he's had fake runs for president before? Because he golfs with Bill Clinton? Because he's always been an egomaniac attention whore?

As for hurting his brand? Yea, the ego part. But hidden behind the ego and faux celebrity is where the man makes his real money: real estate. And that won't be hurt by any of this. His holdings are worth hundreds of millions, if not billions, in New York City alone.

And not for nothing, the Clinton's have always been kind to developers. Too kind, actually... as very few ever give Bill the credit he deserves for the housing bubble and the collapse of the economy. A Clinton in the white house is good for Trump's real business, even if his fake business is more or less destroyed.

So do I still think he's a Clinton plant? Yea, I do. Remember how he always went after Obama last time through with the birth certificate and all but he laid off Hillary? Yea.

And it's working like a charm. The republican party is in absolute chaos, the racism and xenophobia of the less moderate in the party has come bubbling to the surface, and the more moderate candidates, who may actually have a fighters chance against Hilldog, are all floundering because Trump has completely hijacked the message.

If he's not a plant, he should be; cause he's doing a hell of a job of destroying the GOP.

And what are we talking about? Are we talking about Bengazhi? Our failed policies in Iraq and Syria? The economy? Jobs? E-mails?

No. Everyone's talking about this floppy haired cunt.

Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
If he is a plant for HRC, the risk she is incurring during what is already a very winnable election would be insane. It would come out and it would ruin her.

I don't think that his supporters hate Mexicans or Muslims
Bullshit.

You are correct that people on the right enjoy seeing progressives squirm (though saying the left "created" Trump is a huge stretch), but to say there isn't genuine fear and distrust of minorities on the part of the base that Trump is appealing to is some combination of denial or naivety. It's certainly not true.

Last edited:

Garbage.

Your party built an entire regime based on distrist of the government and fear of others.

Your party built a media channel that gave a microphone to monsters.

Your party built up people who challenged the legitimacy of a President based on a supposed faked birth certificate. It was Trump who was one of the leaders of this bogus charge.

Now, you act surprised when your party is being led by a crazy monster and then turn and blame it on Obama? Is that how this works? Do you blame battered women too?

This circus began with Clinton-era hate radio (Rush) and has only intensified with the Internet and 24/7 news.

Your monkeys, your circus. Enjoy.

But don't blame me. Don't blame Obama. Blame the crazy that these people have marinated in for 20 years.

Progressives think Conservatives are batshit crazy

Conservatives think Progressives are batshit crazy

Here's to a fun 11 months ! Cheers

We're such a hateful mean country, right? Progressives are worried about about a "Muslim backlash". These are the 2013 FBI hate crime stats of a religious nature. This adds up to 184 incidents of hate crimes against Muslims in a country of 330,000,000 million. Meanwhile the Jews take the brunt of hate crimes in the US

Of the 1,140 victims of anti-religious hate crimes:

56.8 percent were victims of crimes motivated by their offenders’ anti-Jewish bias.

16.1 percent were victims of anti-Islamic (Muslim) biashate crime

6.2 percent were victims of bias against groups of individuals of varying religions (anti-multiple religions, group).

6.1 percent were victims of anti-Catholic bias.

2.5 percent were victims of anti-Protestant bias.

1.2 percent were victims of anti-Atheist/Agnostic bias.

11.0 percent were victims of bias against other religions (anti-other religion). (Based on Table 1.)

He's a vehicle for his supporters to vent at the PC culture and their own party.

For fuck's sake, people really need to quit pulling out the "PC culture" complaint whenever people call out offensive speech. It isn't being "PC" to say that the suggestion to ban all Muslims is beyond stupid. Nor is it being "PC" to object to a description of Mexicans as rapists.

It's called being a decent, intelligent human being instead of acting like a prejudiced, bigoted dumbass. Even if Trump himself is a plant, or is just saying this stuff for the hell of it, or whatever, the problem is that there are people who are genuinely agreeing with the BS he spouts. They think his ideas are actually good. They think his plans are legitimate. They agree with his offensive descriptions of an entire group of people.

That. Is. A. Problem.

Case in point:

I don't think that his supporters hate Mexicans or Muslims . . .

There's been news footage from this week where people at rallies have said, with a completely straight face, that they agree with Trump's suggestion to ban all Muslims. There was an actual anti-Islam rally somewhere this week where the protesters came completely armed with guns (because of COURSE they did), and they talked about how they wanted to stop the "Islamization" of America.

And then there was this charming bit of idiocy about the debate over allowing Syrian refugees into the U.S., courtesy of a Nevada politician named Michele Fiore a while back:

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2015...ve-hit-bottom-nevada-politician-hits-new-low/

So yeah, they clearly kinda do. Try again.

I think they hate Progressives. They love watching them go bonkers, when he says something incendiary. Obama and the Left gave birth to Trump.

Sooooooooooo...maybe try NOT saying the incendiary things in the first place? Develop something called a filter, and tact, and general basic human decency? That might help. If Trump and other Republicans are joking with their more incendiary comments, it's not really all that funny, and if they're serious? And if voters are actually agreeing with them when they say such outlandish things? That's even worse.

Others have already addressed your whole "Obama and the left gave birth to Trump", thing, and much better than I could, so I'll just second their statements.

You really gotta love it. Reverend Wright says some "incendiary" things, and there was a HUGE outcry from the right for Obama to comment on his words and condemn them, otherwise he would somehow be endorsing what Wright said. Anytime extremist Muslims do something horrible, I hear the right always saying, "The Muslim community needs to speak out against this!"

But Cruz says some BS about "transgender leftism" in relation to the Planned Parenthood shooter, Huckabee makes deeply ignorant and offensive "jokes" about transgender people in bathrooms, Trump calls Mexicans rapists, Fiorina rants about the "abortion industry" and other nonsense like that (and makes up complete and total lies in relation to the Planned Parenthood videos), Carson says all the weird shit he says...

...and crickets from the right. Hm. Shouldn't they be speaking out more against this stuff, the way they expected Obama to with Wright or the Muslim community with whatever extremist Muslims do? I mean, fair's fair, right?

Sure, the other Republican politicians immediately spoke out against the "ban all Muslims" comment, and I'm glad they did. But I just wish they could be that outspoken anytime someone else from their party says something that's offensive or stupid or flat out untrue. And if they're not, then they need to quit harping on Obama or Muslims to do the same for any offensive or stupid stuff said or done by black people or extremist Muslims.

Last edited:
Progressives think Conservatives are batshit crazy

Conservatives think Progressives are batshit crazy

Here's to a fun 11 months ! Cheers

You do realise, I hope, that in the rest of the world, everybody thinks your "conservatives" are batshit crazy far right extremists and the Democrats are a reasonably conservative party.

But have fun being a regressive global pariah that gives our comedians endless punchlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom