2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said nothing about the different nuances, just the intersections and similar characters and stories.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well that's why his comment is moronic. It's not in context at all. Sure we can all find some kind of common ground on something, right? It doesn't matter how it is interpreted.

They believe Jesus is a prophet, not the son of God. Huge, huge difference. No concept of the Trinity, just Allah.
What they believe about Abraham is radically different. It's completely opposite of what Christian's believe. In Islam, Ishmael was the blessed one, while Isaac is cursed.
They also don't think Mary had a virgin birth.
The list could go on and on...

The more you continue to point these things out, the more you're making his point.

Same setting, same people, different details.

They believe Jesus is a prophet, not the son of God. Huge, huge difference. No concept of the Trinity, just Allah.
What they believe about Abraham is radically different. It's completely opposite of what Christian's believe. In Islam, Ishmael was the blessed one, while Isaac is cursed.

Headache never said they were exactly the same.

Also,

Well that's why his comment is moronic.

That's a bit uncalled for.

This map looks a bit funny to me.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-18-at-8.58.02-AM.png

:lmao: :lmao:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...and-put-a-bunch-of-states-in-the-wrong-place/

I just saw a thing about this on "The Daily Show" tonight. Seriously, WTF is up with Carson and his campaign?

On a much more serious note, I'm really embarrassed to see my state listed among the red ones. But with Governor Branstad running things, sadly, I'm not surprised. Idiot.

As for the whole thing about letting refugees in "only if they're Christian", aside from the sheer offensiveness of such an attitude, my question is: So...what if a terrorist claims to be a Christian because he knows that'll be a way for him to sneak through without being checked? Wasn't there a story about one of the terrorists pretending to be a refugee, or it was rumored that was the case or something? If that's true and they can pretend with that, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to tell any lie necessary that can get them past any scrutiny or security measures, including, "Yeah, I'm a Christian!". Does this stuff seriously not occur to the politicians who are so bugged about this idea?

Actually they do believe in the virgin birth.

Alas... I said there were intersections and similarities in their back story. Which there are.

Biggest similarity, of course, is that they all believe some giant spaghetti monster in the sky is controlling things on earth.

Donald Trump says he would 'absolutely' implement Muslim database if elected president - World - CBC News

Donald Trump says he would 'absolutely' implement Muslim database if elected president
The Associated Press Posted: Nov 20, 2015 9:50 AM ET Last Updated: Nov 20, 2015 9:51 AM ET

Republican U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump has voiced support for creating a mandatory database to track Muslims in the United States — the latest in an escalating series of responses from the real estate mogul following the deadly attacks in Paris.

"I would certainly implement that. Absolutely," Trump told an NBC News reporter between campaign events Thursday in Newton, Iowa, according to video posted on MSNBC.com.

He said Muslims would be signed up at "different places," adding, "It's all about management."

Asked whether registering would be mandatory, Trump responded, "They have to be."

Trump, along with retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, has stunned the political world with his rise to the top of some polls in the crowded Republican nomination race. With the first primary votes less than three months away, the two outsider candidates continue to overshadow established politicians who were expected to vie for front-runner status.

Trump's latest comments come less than a week after the deadly attacks on a concert hall, sports stadium and restaurants in Paris that have elevated fears of attacks in in the U.S. and prompted calls for new restrictions on Syrian refugees fleeing their war-torn country.

While some of his Republican rivals have been chastised by President Barack Obama for suggesting that Christian Syrian refugees be given preference over Muslims, Trump has gone further in his rhetoric, advocating new restrictions on civil liberties and enhanced surveillance activities, including inside mosques.

He said earlier this week that the country was "going to have no choice" but to close certain mosques because "really bad things are happening, and they're happening fast."

The first reference to the database idea came in an interview with Yahoo News published earlier Thursday in which the billionaire real estate mogul did not reject the idea of requiring Muslims to register in a database or giving them special identification cards noting their religion.

"We're going to have to look at a lot of things very closely," Trump told Yahoo News.

He also suggested he would consider warrantless searches, according to Yahoo, saying, "We're going to have to do things that we never did before."

Asked by reporters Thursday night to explain his Yahoo comments, Trump suggested his response had been misconstrued. "I never responded to that question," he said.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations issued a statement Thursday condemning Trump for what the group described as "Islamophobic and unconstitutional" comments targeting American Muslims and Syrian refugees.

They also criticized Carson, who on Thursday compared blocking potential terrorists posing as Syrian refugees from entering the U.S. to handling a rabid dog.

"If there's a rabid dog running around in your neighbourhood, you're probably not going to assume something good about that dog," Carson told reporters at a campaign stops in Alabama. "It doesn't mean you hate all dogs, but you're putting your intellect into motion."

"By mainstreaming Islamophobic and unconstitutional policies, Donald Trump and Ben Carson are contributing to an already toxic environment that may be difficult to correct once their political ambitions have been satisfied," CAIR's Robert McCaw said in a statement.

Also Thursday, New Day for America, a group supporting the presidential bid of Ohio Gov. John Kasich, announced plans to launch a $2.5 million ad campaign targeting Trump.

"There's a growing consensus that someone has to do something to stop Donald Trump," said Matt David, a spokesman for the group, who said the campaign would include television, radio, mail and digital ads in New Hampshire.

Trump responded to the news, which was first reported by Politico, by unloading a dozen rapid-fire tweets mocking Kasich's polling and debate performances and threatened to "sue him just for fun!" if the ads aren't truthful.

Kasich responded with his own flurry of tweets aimed at Trump.

© The Associated Press, 2015

f2aefcaed74a5a072a953675944f8634.jpg

Last edited:
Cruz said on Hannity yesterday that it would be impossible to vet Syrian refugees since the Quran compels Muslims to lie. Cruz and Bush said that we should only allow Christian refugees into the country. Christie said he wouldn't even trust a 3 year old refugee. Huckabee compared the refugees to a bag of tainted peanuts. Paul proudly tweeted about taking away funding for any refugee programs. Trump borrows a page directly from the Nazis. And on and on...

As far as I'm concerned, ignoring their other political positions, just the hysterically xenophobic response that every single GOP presidential candidate has displayed since last Friday has disqualified them all from being fit to serve as President. They are reacting to this situation exactly how ISIS wants them to react. Perfectly willing to dehumanize and demonize a large group of people based on paranoia and fear.

Last edited:
Cruz said on Hannity yesterday that it would be impossible to vet Syrian refugees since the Quran compels Muslims to lie. Cruz and Bush said that we should only allow Christian refugees into the country. Christie said he wouldn't even trust a 3 year old refugee. Huckabee compared the refugees to a bag of tainted peanuts. Paul proudly tweeted about taking away funding for any refugee programs. Trump borrows a page directly from the Nazis. And on and on...

This would be really funny if it didn't involve real, suffering people.

It is almost as if they are determined to outdo one another and anytime one takes a ridiculous position, the others all double down.

For the sake of my own sanity, I have to pretend this didn't actually happen. These candidates are going full-on Nativist at this point.

I'm absolutely astonished that candidates for President of the United States could refuse to rule out commiting crimes against humanity on US citizens and have so many people take them seriously.

I'm absolutely astonished that candidates for President of the United States could refuse to rule out commiting crimes against humanity on US citizens and have so many people take them seriously.

I haven't been following Trump too closely, but that Muslim mandatory registration idea is the point where he goes from a cartoonish villain to a real danger. Hell, I have close friends who would probably be targeted and harassed simply on account of their last names if such a policy were ever implemented.

Last edited:
The rhetoric from the right is terrifying. What's more terrifying is that their constituents are eating it up.

If people are so scared of the remote possibility a refugee could be/become a terrorist, why aren't they scared of white males buying guns? I mean a tiny number of them go on murder sprees every month?

I hate people.

These people are absolutely crazy. It brings me back to the mid-2000s days of sometimes feeling embarrassed to be an American.

This would be really funny if it didn't involve real, suffering people.

I'm astonished that no one among them has put the dots together that failing to provide shelter to those in need might make them more susceptible to the empty promises of security and purpose from radical organizations like Daesh. If you are concerned with Muslims becoming radicalized, then giving these refugees a safe place to live and the support to make a life for themselves, with all the benefits that living in America entails (access to education, health care, jobs, relative safety, etc), would be an excellent step in combating potential sources of radicalization.

Never mind that the Paris attackers were French and Belgian nationals. Why not bar anyone from the EU from entering the United States?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think one of the clown car candidates has made the suggestion we should limit people coming from the EU.

I'm astonished that no one among them has put the dots together that failing to provide shelter to those in need might make them more susceptible to the empty promises of security and purpose from radical organizations like Daesh. If you are concerned with Muslims becoming radicalized, then giving these refugees a safe place to live and the support to make a life for themselves, with all the benefits that living in America entails (access to education, health care, jobs, relative safety, etc), would be an excellent step in combating potential sources of radicalization.

That would require them to actually think about the root causes of people radicalizing as opposed to just thinking Muslim = Evil.

Y'all are too naive. There is an unspeakable,absolutely horrifying force out there that wants to destroy America from the inside out and we need to prevent that from happening, no matter the cost.

Oh wait, we all agree on what that problem happens to be. Carry on, friends! :lol:

Y'all are too naive. There is an unspeakable,absolutely horrifying force out there that wants to destroy America from the inside out and we need to prevent that from happening, no matter the cost.

Oh wait, we all agree on what that problem happens to be. Carry on, friends! :lol:

You are obviously highly susceptible to a sensationalized media. Are you aware of what the strongest human emotion is? Fear. Do you know why fear is so dangerous? Because if you act upon emotionally based decisions, fear will supersede all other emotions. So, when you're afraid, you are much more likely to have a clouded thought of immoral behavior. In this case, not bringing in refugees based upon s fear of their religion is an irrational, emotion based decision that deprives those who need it most. Because you're scared. Emotions.

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Remember that?

Apologizes if I misunderstood you, but this applies to anyone who opposes bringing in refugees.

You are obviously highly susceptible to a sensationalized media. Are you aware of what the strongest human emotion is? Fear. Do you know why fear is so dangerous? Because if you act upon emotionally based decisions, fear will supersede all other emotions. So, when you're afraid, you are much more likely to have a clouded thought of immoral behavior. In this case, not bringing in refugees based upon s fear of their religion is an irrational, emotion based decision that deprives those who need it most. Because you're scared. Emotions.

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Remember that?

Apologizes if I misunderstood you, but this applies to anyone who opposes bringing in refugees.

Pretty sure he was referring to the GOP Clown Car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

LuckyNumber7 has valid points in their post, but yes, I was referring to the same insidious group behind most of America's problems, the clowniest of all clowns.

Cruz is aware that his father was a Cuban refugee, right?

Ted Cruz isn't aware that the removal of birthright citizenship would make his own citizenship questionable.
I doubt he's aware that his father is a Cuban refugee.

Looked this up, turns out he left in 1957 and was strongly opposed to the Batista regime. Not sure of the relevance to the thread/topic, but I just found it intriguing.

These people are absolutely crazy. It brings me back to the mid-2000s days of sometimes feeling embarrassed to be an American.

You must have a lot of faith if even then, you were only 'sometimes feeling embarrassed' about this. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom