2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well good for them! It would be funny as hell if the same thing happened with Starbucks. I said before i don't drink coffee, but im tempted - and i live in the bible belt - im tempted to go to Starbucks tomorrow and order some coffee. When they ask my name...i will tell them SATAN. Then the next day i will be LUCIFER. Then CAIAPHAS, JUDAS, etc.

The city I live in has the most churches per capita in the country. When the Chick Fil A thing happened, all 4 of our chick Fil a's (people here frikin love chick Fil a) had 2 hour waits and lines that wrapped around the building 5-6 times over. It was crazy.
I'll be interested to see what our Starbucks look like tomorrow. My guess is that it will be about the same as usual. They may walk into Starbucks wearing a hoody and a ski mask, then pour their coffee into a thermal and dispose of their cup immediately. But I promise you, people here will still get there Starbucks. It's like a white girl cult or something.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Because they didn't hire a graphic artist? I don't know, the simpler the better, I'm tired of everything having to be so busy.

Because they felt that they still had to do the red cups, but apparently they didn't want to spend the design money to actually put something on them, so they were like, 'fuck it'. I'm not buying this minimalist design is in bullshit. These cups are the absolute epitome of, "people expect us to do this, but it costs money, ewwww."

The city I live in has the most churches per capita in the country. When the Chick Fil A thing happened, all 4 of our chick Fil a's (people here frikin love chick Fil a) had 2 hour waits and lines that wrapped around the building 5-6 times over. It was crazy.
I'll be interested to see what our Starbucks look like tomorrow. My guess is that it will be about the same as usual. They may walk into Starbucks wearing a hoody and a ski mask, then pour their coffee into a thermal and dispose of their cup immediately. But I promise you, people here will still get there Starbucks. It's like a white girl cult or something.

I'm really not even a big fan of Chick Fil A. I eat there occasionally but thats about it. I would rather grab a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket deli and some side items and call it a day.

Do you think Huckabee, Carson, and Trump have the same degree of seriousness as Mrs Clinton?

Dr. Carson is much more valuable to America to remain in medicine, rather than politics.

I feel the same way about Dr. Paul, although his voice is healthy in Congress.

:up: Same here.

You know, it's been a strange few days....first my football picks were utter shit, then it was revealed that Ben Carson believes the Pyramids were used to store grain, and of course Starbucks is trying to destroy Christmas for all of the world, and finally Justin Beiber was on TV talking about his penis with Ellen.

I don't know if i can take any more of this shit. I think it's time for Jesus to come back or some nut can just accidentally set off a few hundred nukes. Enough is enough.

You know, it's been a strange few days....first my football picks were utter shit, then it was revealed that Ben Carson believes the Pyramids were used to store grain, and of course Starbucks is trying to destroy Christmas for all of the world, and finally Justin Beiber was on TV talking about his penis with Ellen.

:lmao:

When I go to Starbucks I tell them my name is Santa. Boom. War on Christmas is over.

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

XEkeqTQ.jpg

It's only just begun...

I am really disappointed the baristas are not engaging me in a conversation about diverse holiday customs

Last edited:
John Kasich would be a good president. Most rational candidate on either side.
Edit: let me clarify. I still disagree with his stance on Min Wage and some other things. But someone who could actually balance a budget and bring both sides together. He would be solid.

Last edited:
I don't care for the cup either (it's the ombre I don't like - plain red would have been lovely). But a) we don't hire designers for stuff like this, it's a whole in-house team; and b) there is literally no way this was done to try and save money.

Take that as you will, hate on the red cups all you'd like, drink Starbucks or don't drink Starbucks, it's all good. :)

I am really disappointed the baristas are not engaging me in a conversation about diverse holiday customs

:love: :lol:
I don't care for the cup either (it's the ombre I don't like - plain red would have been lovely). But a) we don't hire designers for stuff like this, it's a whole in-house team; and b) there is literally no way this was done to try and save money.

Take that as you will, hate on the red cups all you'd like, drink Starbucks or don't drink Starbucks, it's all good. :)

Obviously you have more insight into this than I do, but that's how it came across to me when I first saw the cups. Before all of this started. I saw the cup and I was really disappointed. Now, you take that as you will, that something so silly would disappoint me, but it really did. What sucks now is that if you guys go back to a similar old design next year, it's going to be some sort of "victory". I HATE that kind of shit.

No, don't worry - I totally get that people get excited for the cups, and are vocal about whether they like them or not. That part is totally expected. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom