2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure buddy...keep telling yourself that. Anytime the liberals screw up it's always "out of context" or "demonizing". The democrats can do no wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You really can't see the difference?

I've never been in the democrats can do no wrong camp, so you're going to have to try harder.

-57 States

-His grandfather also liberated Auschwitz. Wow, didn't know he was in the Red Army.

-Gave a whole speech honoring a Navy Corpsman. Pronounced the common military term "Corpse-Man"

Our Constitutional Law Professor President sure has a great grasp of history. Must have aced those History courses at Occidental. Ooops, his records are sealed. We'll never know. Most transparent administration in history.

His records are not sealed.

His grandfather helped liberate Buchenwald. Gee, sorry.

Barack Obama - ‘If You’ve Got a Business — You Didn’t Build That. Somebody Else Made That Happen’

'Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.'

"I bowled a 129. It's like- It was like the Special Olympics."

“I don’t know what the word is in Austrian.”

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

“Our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes and I see many of them in the audience here today.”

Joe Biden - "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, "look, here's what happened."

“If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there’s still a 30% chance we’re going to get it wrong.”

“There’s never been A day in the last four years I’ve been proud to be his Vice President. Not a single day.”

Jill Biden - “Many of my students don’t know that I’m second lady of the United States… because, you know, it’s a community college.”

Hillary Clinton - “We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.”

"We landed under sniper fire

"We have a lot of kids who don't know what works means. They think work is a four-letter word."

Al Gore - 'During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.'

Harry Reid - 'Seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world.'

About Obama 'light-skinned African American with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one'

Nancy Pelosi - "Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs."

Bill Clinton - "African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."

Replying with a whole list of quotes seems like you're taking the "yeah but the Democrats do this too!" as opposed to the view that this is symptomatic of the problems in American society and that it should be opposed at all costs, whether Democrat or Republican.

You ever pull a practical joke on somebody, and are baffled by how long they don't get it, so you keep pushing it and pushing it and eventually you finally get to the point where what you're saying is just sooooooo fucking stupid that people have to know that you're just fucking with them?

I think this Trump Starbucks cup / Merry Christmas thing is that moment.

You ever pull a practical joke on somebody, and are baffled by how long they don't get it, so you keep pushing it and pushing it and eventually you finally get to the point where what you're saying is just sooooooo fucking stupid that people have to know that you're just fucking with them?

I think this Trump Starbucks cup / Merry Christmas thing is that moment.

I hope whatever you're saying about Trump campaign being practical/impractical joke is really true.

Last edited:
Tonight, I hope the moderators ask the candidates: if you could go back in time and abort fetus Hitler, would you? Why or why not?

Tonight, I hope the moderators ask the candidates: if you could go back in time and abort fetus Hitler, would you? Why or why not?

Stop it with the gotcha questions!! That's too difficult! Why can't we just raise baby Adolf in a nurturing, Christian society?!

Sure buddy...keep telling yourself that. Anytime the liberals screw up it's always "out of context" or "demonizing". The democrats can do no wrong.
Democrats do plenty wrong. It's just that it's usually when they're entertaining the moronic ideas and policies of the right as if they are legitimate.

Saying incorrect things inadvertently (i.e., a mistake), or outright lying - yes, of course democrats do that as well.

The difference is between that, and doubling-down/repeating WTF-worthy total bullshit statements. (The make-believe PP video Fiorina kept mentioning, the birther BS.) And this anti-intellectual, anti-science mindset that keeps picking up steam (hello, pyramids and grain). That seems to be all crazy right-wing stuff these days.

Also, re Donald Trump's latest idiocy: in case he didn't hear me the first million times, FUCK OFF, Trump.

I did glance at the story, though, because I've been a glutton for this Starbucks story this week. He basically says "maybe we should boycott them. I don't care." And then followed that up with a "something something ... who cares?"

(Edit: found it. You're welcome. “Maybe we should boycott Starbucks. I don’t know. Seriously. I don’t care. By the way: That’s the end of that lease. But who cares? Who cares? Who cares?")

Dude, you can keep saying "who cares/I don't care," but you do obviously care enough to mention it. So again, sir: please well and truly fuck off.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to immediately meditate to avoid punching someone if I'm in a store and someone pulls the smug "My name is Merry Christmas" nonsense.

Yes, ho ho, you're so clever! You forced the barista to say Merry Christmas against their will, and now they will immediately burst into flames! ALSO, IT'S NOVEMBER 10th.

*I realize that's beside the point, since the stores all have the holiday bling out now. But oh well. Life in retail, yo.

Last edited:
You'd think if their faith was so strong, they were sure they are so right with their belief......it really could withstand "happy holidays"

Apparently the Christian faith only works if you mention His name with everything, otherwise it's powerless.

Just like the right's view of Islam: it's a religion founded upon destroying those who aren't a part of it.

Same goes with "religious freedom." You aren't doing things in the way of Christianity? No snowflakes on my cup? We are not free! Bah! Sabotage, I say!

A huge LOL to you, sir, if you think any money is going to be lost over this.

Every sane Christian I know (and those I don't know, thanks internet!) is saying the complaint is extremely silly.

Money Talks. We shall see if Starbucks loses business over this.

They lost my business years ago because of their stances. In fact, they never even got my business. I've always been strongly anti-Starbucks everything.
It just boils down to the classic economic principle of voting for companies with your dollar. I personally don't give a crap about it, since I'm not a Starbucks client anyway.

Just went and read the full story. Who cares? They're a company expressing their views in the free market. Who gives a crap? They're not a Christian company, what do people expect? Huge non issue. As stated above, I hate Starbucks for a variety reasons (including just hating them because it offends people). But they are more than free to do what they want. If you don't like it, don't go there. It's not the only coffee shop in the country.

(Sorry for double posting)

Bob its time you tried "Dumb Starbucks"

Dumb Starbucks Report

BTW: Nathan For You is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. You can find a lot of eps on youtube and the new ones are on Comedy Central on Thursdays

I love this show so much. The dude is hilarious. Haven't had a chance to watch the new season yet (I don't have cable), but this reminds me that I need to catch up on it on Hulu.

I don't drink coffee and could care less about Starbucks honestly. I could also care less this current controversy. If people want to buy their product, more power to them, if people do not, good for them as well.

While i do value my own personal religious beliefs, i would never stop drinking beer just because the bottle or package does not have a cross or Baby Jesus on the label. I am not sure why this only seems to apply to Starbucks.

There was a controversy a few years ago with Chick Fil A, i believe the owner might have said something about his or her views on gay marriage. So what? I don't agree with him but that doesn't mean i like or dislike their product because the owner is living in the stone ages.

I don't recall if that hurt his business at all, probably not, and i could give a flying fuck anyway. People get way too riled up about...everything....these days. When was the last time someone actually had an opinion and nobody protested or gave a fuck?

It actually boosted Chick Fil-A's sales massively. They had the best week in the history of their company.

It actually boosted Chick Fil-A's sales massively. They had the best week in the history of their company.

Well good for them! It would be funny as hell if the same thing happened with Starbucks. I said before i don't drink coffee, but im tempted - and i live in the bible belt - im tempted to go to Starbucks tomorrow and order some coffee. When they ask my name...i will tell them SATAN. Then the next day i will be LUCIFER. Then CAIAPHAS, JUDAS, etc.

"We have a lot of kids who don't know what works means. They think work is a four-letter word."

This one is funny.

A huge LOL to you, sir, if you think any money is going to be lost over this.

Every sane Christian I know (and those I don't know, thanks internet!) is saying the complaint is extremely silly.

As I've mentioned, no offense to your people, but I HATE the Red cups. And I hate this pseudo controversy for not allowing me to hate the red cups in peace.

I hate the red cups because I perceive them to be Starbucks being cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom