2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, a discussion between informed adults interested in governing the country.

Ha :D.

Yeah, if the Democratic candidates openly call out the GOP somehow, that'd probably be the biggest thing the media would jump on and make news stories about.

And if there's a little back and forth between Bernie and Hilary, they might try to spin something out of that, too. Otherwise, eh.

That's actually helpful.

Based on those distinctions, I'd vote for Hillary.

That chart can't possibly be right when it comes to net worth. How is Bernie Sanders worth only $500K when he is making >$200K per year and is almost 75 years old? Unless he has some kind of gambling problem or is terrible with money there is no way I believe that.

Its a sad world when folks base their vote on which candidate 50 Cent or Eddie Vedder or Bruce Springsteen or Ted Nugent or any musician or other celebrity tells them who they should vote for.

Its a sad world when folks base their vote on which candidate 50 Cent or Eddie Vedder or Bruce Springsteen or Ted Nugent or any musician or other celebrity tells them who they should vote for.

:up:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't know, I personally find Ted Nugent's preferences pretty helpful.

:wink:

That chart can't possibly be right when it comes to net worth. How is Bernie Sanders worth only $500K when he is making >$200K per year and is almost 75 years old? Unless he has some kind of gambling problem or is terrible with money there is no way I believe that.

DC sure is expensive.

Bernie Sanders’ net worth is $528,014. Our Bernie Sanders net worth calculations come from analyzing his U.S. Senate financial disclosure forms.

U.S. Senators aren’t required to disclose their exact net worth. The closest anyone can get to Bernie Sanders’ net worth is to dig through disclosure forms and do the math. Since senators report assets and debts within preset ranges, finding Bernie Sanders’ net worth means averaging his reported max and min figures.

In August of 2015, Bernie Sanders reported net worth assets at a minimum of $187,026 and a maximum of $759,004. Bernie Sanders also owns a condominium in Vermont valued at about $100,000. He has debts of at least $25,002 and as much as $65,000.

Figuring Sanders’ maximum possible debt with his minimum possible assets gives a minimum possible Bernie Sanders net worth of $222,026. Figuring his lowest possible debt with his highest possible assets gives a net worth of as much as $769,002. Combining his average assets with average debts gives an average Bernie Sanders net worth of $528,014.

http://moneynation.com/bernie-sanders-net-worth/

Last edited:
Trumpy is hosting SNL in November.

1343388142180262725_zpsq2rmuncj.gif

I saw these numbers awhile back, I believe they are correct
on the GOP side, Rubio is another broke ass loser, he whines about his student loans.

People like you and me and most other sensible people have worked hard and managed our spending/ borrowing vs incomes and planned some type of savings/ retirement funds. Sanders has just pissed his away, Rubio is another spender and poor planner. These people have no business running a country or anything else, that requires managing a budget.

as you said they are, "terrible with money"

Last edited:
Trump is going to be live-tweeting the Debate. I told my Mom and she had me sign her up for twitter just for the purpose of following along.

On a side note there is a question of impartiality when moderator Anderson Cooper is part of the Clinton Global Initiative. I'd be up in arms if I were one of the other candidates.

On a side note there is a question of impartiality when moderator Anderson Cooper is part of the Clinton Global Initiative. I'd be up in arms if I were one of the other candidates.

I doubt that Anderson will go all George Stephanopoulos on us tonight.

Thankfully.

I saw these numbers awhile back, I believe they are correct
on the GOP side, Rubio is another broke ass loser, he whines about his student loans.

People like you and me and most other sensible people have worked hard and managed our spending/ borrowing vs incomes and planned some type of savings/ retirement funds. Sanders has just pissed his away, Rubio is another spender and poor planner. These people have no business running a country or anything else, that requires managing a budget.

as you said they are, "terrible with money"

Yeah, I find this shocking. But my husband and I spend a lot of our time budgeting, investing, etc.

As for Irvine's comment that DC is expensive - I live in an even more expensive urban area so that kind of doesn't fly with me.

Yeah, I find this shocking. But my husband and I spend a lot of our time budgeting, investing, etc.

As for Irvine's comment that DC is expensive - I live in an even more expensive urban area so that kind of doesn't fly with me.

Gosh, lighten up. I'm sure you and your husband are models of financial virtue. I was being mildly humorous.

My guess is a lifetime spent in public service -- I doubt he's been making $200k a year for 40 years -- isn't as lucrative as corporate law or finance. The man started as mayor of Burlington, VT. If memory serves, Joe Biden is one of the poorest people in the Senate because he's been in elected office since his late 20's. This seems preferable to me than tycoons like Romney running later in life.

But the truth is that we actually know very little about his finances, so, honestly, making a point one way or the other tells us nothing about his ability to govern or not.

Anyway they have guys for the money stuff. Some of my favourite political leaders died more or less broke, possibly because politics used to be for life (with occasional detours into writing).

How do Hillary and Bernie plan to pay for all of this crap they're promising?
How does Bernie expect to keep private college's running if public universities are free? That would be a massive job casualty.
Is climate change trying to build a nuclear weapon?

With a 90% tax on the wealthy, how do you expect those people to not relocate overseas? Who will replenish those jobs in the private sector? The government? How are they going to pay for that?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom