2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #616
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,088
Local Time: 03:11 PM
The rhetoric from the right is terrifying. What's more terrifying is that their constituents are eating it up.

If people are so scared of the remote possibility a refugee could be/become a terrorist, why aren't they scared of white males buying guns? I mean a tiny number of them go on murder sprees every month?

I hate people.
__________________

__________________
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #617
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas and around the Texas Triangle
Posts: 13,962
Local Time: 05:11 PM
These people are absolutely crazy. It brings me back to the mid-2000s days of sometimes feeling embarrassed to be an American.
__________________

__________________
digitize is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #618
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 03:11 PM
I'm waiting for our Rightish posters here to offer their thoughts on all this.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #619
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 07:11 PM
Never mind that the Paris attackers were French and Belgian nationals. Why not bar anyone from the EU from entering the United States?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #620
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This would be really funny if it didn't involve real, suffering people.
I'm astonished that no one among them has put the dots together that failing to provide shelter to those in need might make them more susceptible to the empty promises of security and purpose from radical organizations like Daesh. If you are concerned with Muslims becoming radicalized, then giving these refugees a safe place to live and the support to make a life for themselves, with all the benefits that living in America entails (access to education, health care, jobs, relative safety, etc), would be an excellent step in combating potential sources of radicalization.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #621
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,088
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Never mind that the Paris attackers were French and Belgian nationals. Why not bar anyone from the EU from entering the United States?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
I think one of the clown car candidates has made the suggestion we should limit people coming from the EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I'm astonished that no one among them has put the dots together that failing to provide shelter to those in need might make them more susceptible to the empty promises of security and purpose from radical organizations like Daesh. If you are concerned with Muslims becoming radicalized, then giving these refugees a safe place to live and the support to make a life for themselves, with all the benefits that living in America entails (access to education, health care, jobs, relative safety, etc), would be an excellent step in combating potential sources of radicalization.
That would require them to actually think about the root causes of people radicalizing as opposed to just thinking Muslim = Evil.
__________________
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #622
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post







That would require them to actually think about the root causes of people radicalizing as opposed to just thinking Muslim = Evil.

This would cost them primary votes.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #623
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,245
Local Time: 06:11 PM
Y'all are too naive. There is an unspeakable,absolutely horrifying force out there that wants to destroy America from the inside out and we need to prevent that from happening, no matter the cost.

Oh wait, we all agree on what that problem happens to be. Carry on, friends!
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #624
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,350
Local Time: 06:11 PM
Maybe Axver can be created to do the Muslim database. His work on U2gigs is aces.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #625
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,709
Local Time: 03:11 PM
__________________
corianderstem is online now  
Old 11-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #626
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,344
Local Time: 06:11 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Y'all are too naive. There is an unspeakable,absolutely horrifying force out there that wants to destroy America from the inside out and we need to prevent that from happening, no matter the cost.

Oh wait, we all agree on what that problem happens to be. Carry on, friends!

You are obviously highly susceptible to a sensationalized media. Are you aware of what the strongest human emotion is? Fear. Do you know why fear is so dangerous? Because if you act upon emotionally based decisions, fear will supersede all other emotions. So, when you're afraid, you are much more likely to have a clouded thought of immoral behavior. In this case, not bringing in refugees based upon s fear of their religion is an irrational, emotion based decision that deprives those who need it most. Because you're scared. Emotions.

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Remember that?

Apologizes if I misunderstood you, but this applies to anyone who opposes bringing in refugees.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #627
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,088
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
You are obviously highly susceptible to a sensationalized media. Are you aware of what the strongest human emotion is? Fear. Do you know why fear is so dangerous? Because if you act upon emotionally based decisions, fear will supersede all other emotions. So, when you're afraid, you are much more likely to have a clouded thought of immoral behavior. In this case, not bringing in refugees based upon s fear of their religion is an irrational, emotion based decision that deprives those who need it most. Because you're scared. Emotions.

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Remember that?

Apologizes if I misunderstood you, but this applies to anyone who opposes bringing in refugees.
Pretty sure he was referring to the GOP Clown Car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #628
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,245
Local Time: 06:11 PM
LuckyNumber7 has valid points in their post, but yes, I was referring to the same insidious group behind most of America's problems, the clowniest of all clowns.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #629
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Cruz is aware that his father was a Cuban refugee, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Ted Cruz isn't aware that the removal of birthright citizenship would make his own citizenship questionable.
I doubt he's aware that his father is a Cuban refugee.
Looked this up, turns out he left in 1957 and was strongly opposed to the Batista regime. Not sure of the relevance to the thread/topic, but I just found it intriguing.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 06:07 PM   #630
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,011
Local Time: 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
These people are absolutely crazy. It brings me back to the mid-2000s days of sometimes feeling embarrassed to be an American.
You must have a lot of faith if even then, you were only 'sometimes feeling embarrassed' about this.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com