2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #436
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
This will allow Herman Cain to come in and take the nomination!

Old 11-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #437
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Debate lineup for the next clown car express on Fox Business has been announced. Christie and Huckabee are demoted to the undercard debate with Jindal and Santorum while Pataki and Graham failed to even qualify for that one.

Anything that causes any sort of humiliation to Mike Huckabee, large or small, makes my heart sing.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #438
Blue Crack Addict

I think it would be good to do some more research before we jump on the "Carson's an idiot" bandwagon.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #439
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Funniest Campaign Ad ever. Herman Cain.

http://youtu.be/lwawPMSJins

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #440
ONE
love, blood, life

I feature length research paper on his idiocy will suffice.

Then, jump on the bandwagon.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #441
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Again, his zany comments pale in comparison to his stance on abortion which makes him unelectable. I can't believe his base has such a goldfish memory that they can't remember what went down in 2012 when a few Republican politicians said they were against all abortions, no matter the circumstances. If Carson somehow made it onto the big stage, he would be loathed by women across the country and lose even some red states.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #442
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Again, his zany comments pale in comparison to his stance on abortion which makes him unelectable. I can't believe his base has such a goldfish memory that they can't remember what went down in 2012 when a few Republican politicians said they were against all abortions, no matter the circumstances. If Carson somehow made it onto the big stage, he would be loathed by women across the country and lose even some red states.

Why would this bother his base?

Old 11-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #443
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:41 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

Quote:

If it costs them the election, then so be it. I'd rather have someone be honest in their views and stick with it than say anything that will get them elected. I don't even consider voting for pro-choice candidates, never have never will. Some do the opposite.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:41 PM
I'll be going to the corner store
to get a loaf of bread
Old 11-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #445
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

They spelled grain wrong, it's not 'grand', bandwagon morons.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #446
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Why would this bother his base?
It doesn't bother his base, but the fact that it makes him unelectable should. If saying that abortions shouldn't happen in case of rape can lead to someone going from an easy win in a red state to losing by an extremely wide margin, then it sure as hell will play even worse in swing states.

The second he'd have wrapped up the nomination, the DNC and Clinton campaign will start airing ads showcasing his stance on abortion. Within hours, the election will basically be over. Hell, it would be smarter to just let Carson get all the way to the convention and be crowned the nominee before airing those ads, otherwise it would give time for the RNC to scramble and pick somebody else.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #447
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
It doesn't bother his base, but the fact that it makes him unelectable should. If saying that abortions shouldn't happen in case of rape can lead to someone going from an easy win in a red state to losing by an extremely wide margin, then it sure as hell will play even worse in swing states.

The second he'd have wrapped up the nomination, the DNC and Clinton campaign will start airing ads showcasing his stance on abortion. Within hours, the election will basically be over. Hell, it would be smarter to just let Carson get all the way to the convention and be crowned the nominee before airing those ads, otherwise it would give time for the RNC to scramble and pick somebody else.

Well this is all true, but honestly they don't care. Carson is already unelectable, his base is so unbelievably detached from reality they don't care. If the above happened it would just give his base fuel to the fire, they could yell louder: "liberal media", "progressivism erodes the moral fabric", etc. They're willing to defend grain storing pyramids; reality is foreign to them.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Oh, I'm certainly with you, his base is pretty delusional. I mean, hell, Republicans in general currently think him and Trump have the best chance at beating Clinton. It doesn't matter how many Presidential elections they lose, they'll never be able to face reality.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #449
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Bravo, then. I'm too far away to get any real sense of how major an impact that was. It does tie in to other issues like the seemingly immovable mountain of gun control, absolutely. I predict precisely zero change on any of these matters.
It's the most important thing to me in the upcoming election, and I applaud him for getting every democratic candidate to start talking about it. From the Mayday campaign:

Quote:
Hey Ashley,
On Monday, Lawrence Lessig announced that he is no longer running in the Democratic primary for President of the United States. The DNC changed the rules about who would be allowed to debate after he had met their prior criteria. As Chris Hayes said, the DNC treatment of Lessig "has been manifestly preposterous. Exactly what harm would have been done to let him debate?"

They didn't let him into the debates, but he transformed the debate.

The week he announced, Hillary Clinton adopted a comprehensive, public-financing platform for every federal office. Senator Sanders shifted from talking solely about Citizens United, and included public financing far more frequently in his platform. And national media covered Lessig's heroic race.
Political races matter for themselves, and they matter for building a netroots movement.
We must keep fighting to elect true reformers.

I am so proud of his leadership. He is a true patriot, unwilling to pretend that democratic politics works today, but also unwilling to give up. He brings a passionate commitment to fixing the root problem in American politics.

Although Lawrence Lessig is out of the race, this fight is not over. Just last night, anti-corruption measures passed in California, Maine, Ohio, and Washington. These are HUGE victories for the movement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This will chip away at Carsons numbers. He's been squeaky clean with his base up to this point. But now he's lied and what's worse is he lied about military service. Veterans hold their service in high regard and will cause them to rethink their support.

About as much as people rethought their support of Trump after he said McCain isn't a war hero?
Old 11-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #450
Refugee

Well, the seven year process called Keystone has been punted to the next administration, maybe...