2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #376
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,493
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Somebody should run on a free National ID card for citizens required for voting.

I'm for fiscal discipline for the Federal government but I'd fund this program.

Nobody should have to pay for an ID to meet a voting requirement. This would eliminate that problem. Long story short use a DL or National ID card to vote along with registering locally in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


Why? Is voter fraud an issue? How will you feel when they stop issuing these free cards in majority black counties in the South? Doesn't this seem like an easily exploitable means of voter suppression?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #377
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:02 PM
The voter ID thing is only about voter suppression. Disenfranchising poor and minority voters will happen far more that any one voting fraudulantly. Plus there is no voter ID required for absentee voting by mail that tends to go more GOP.

Two painless ways to solve this, 1. make all voting by U. S. mail and registration more accessible. 2. And anyone that wants ID, why not just take a thumb print that could be detached from the ballot. I don;t believe any illegal aliens or felons would want to leave a thumb print to convict them of vote fraud. Of course somebody that might not have a state issued ID but be legally entitled to vote would most likely have a thumb.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 06:02 PM
We should have ID's to vote. We need them for things of much less importance. This should be a bi-partisan issue. With hundreds of thousands of new people coming into this country we need to ensure that citizens are the only ones voting. A free card is better than a DL you have to buy ( addressing poor minority communities in Alabama that don't have DMV's nearby). Instead these folks can get their new ID card by mail. Take the National ID Card program out of state control and put it with an agency in the Federal Government and there is less likely to be any form of suppression. Many on the left strive for Government constructed Utopian ideals and I will jump on board to support this ideal if I were President. On the other hand there are groups (I don't have time to write a dissertation, but mainly those that support Open Borders) that would love to have non-citizens vote to tip the scales in their favor.

The current status quo is more ripe for fraud.

This is an example: Look at Philadelphia precincts that had 0-5 votes for Romney in 2012. My mom used to go to an evangelical church in suburban Philly that had minority voters living in Philly that would vote never vote for a Pro-Choice candidate over a Pro-Life candidate. As a result of my personal experience I find those precinct results shocking. I must therefore conclude that there is some kind of fraud occurred. So yes fraud does exist.
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #379
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Voting by mail is great too. I lived in Oregon for a time (Thus my name 'Oregoropa') and it was all vote by mail. Never had any kind of fraud issues. Not sure if there be rogue elements in USPS destroying ballots, but seems pretty safe. We could also just drop off the ballots at a city city kiosk manned by an election official.
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #380
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This is an example: Look at Philadelphia precincts that had 0-5 votes for Romney in 2012. My mom used to go to an evangelical church in suburban Philly that had minority voters living in Philly that would vote never vote for a Pro-Choice candidate over a Pro-Life candidate. As a result of my personal experience I find those precinct results shocking. I must therefore conclude that there is some kind of fraud occurred. So yes fraud does exist.

Your mom's church takes up the entire precinct?

This is almost as good as the poster that said his grandpa didn't die of cancer therefore smoking isn't linked to cancer. Micro anecdotal evidence at its best.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #381
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,373
Local Time: 06:02 PM
If man was on the moon, I ain't never seed it with mah own two eyes mister. So it ain't done never happened.



In all seriousness though, during the 2012 election, my voting precinct was at a church. And it pissed me off that they were handing out pamphlets about coming to church right before you stepped into the polling station. Like, that has to be against the law, right?
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #382
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,256
Local Time: 06:02 PM
I don't even get this voter fraud nonsense. To vote, you have to be on the voting rolls to begin with which therefore requires you to be a citizen that's legally registered. So, to assume there's actually fraud, you'd have to believe there's people going to the precincts and using other people's names, something we have basically zero evidence of ever having had happened in recent history.

The ID for voting usually costs money and is basically used as a blockade for someone that is legally registered. This person goes to the polling place and is then turned away for not having the ID. Thus, the entirety of these ID requirements exists to stop people from voting in the first place. Even if the ID is free, it will require an extra hassle to acquire and thus prevent some people from bothering to vote. Again, it serves zero purpose because illegals literally can't register to vote in the first place. They aren't on the damn rolls.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #383
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 07:02 PM
THIS GUY.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-cars...bout-pyramids/
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #384
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
And he's leading the Republican polls right now, right?

I Republicans.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #385
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 05:02 PM
So basically outside of surgery; he's useless?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #386
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Sounds like it.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #387
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,270
Local Time: 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This is an example: Look at Philadelphia precincts that had 0-5 votes for Romney in 2012. My mom used to go to an evangelical church in suburban Philly that had minority voters living in Philly that would vote never vote for a Pro-Choice candidate over a Pro-Life candidate. As a result of my personal experience I find those precinct results shocking. I must therefore conclude that there is some kind of fraud occurred. So yes fraud does exist.
Soooooo...if I'm understanding you right, because people aren't voting the way you would expect them to vote based on your personal experience, whatever that means, that automatically means they must be committing voter fraud? Is that what you're saying?

Maybe it's due to the fact that it's late where I am, but I REALLY fail to see how that's proof of your argument.

As for Carson...

Quote:
"Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs' graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it. And I don't think it'd just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain."
*Blinks*

What?

No, seriously. What?
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #388
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
As a result of my personal experience I find those precinct results shocking. I must therefore conclude that there is some kind of fraud occurred.
As has been pointed out above, the fact that reality didn't match your assumptions of it in no way proves fraud occurred. It only proves that your assumptions were incorrect.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #389
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This is an example: Look at Philadelphia precincts that had 0-5 votes for Romney in 2012. My mom used to go to an evangelical church in suburban Philly that had minority voters living in Philly that would vote never vote for a Pro-Choice candidate over a Pro-Life candidate. As a result of my personal experience I find those precinct results shocking. I must therefore conclude that there is some kind of fraud occurred. So yes fraud does exist.
It's good to be back.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now  
Old 11-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #390
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
And he's leading the Republican polls right now, right?

I Republicans.


Concerning Ben Carson's comments on the Great Pyramid of Giza.

It would be good to check on the different theories on why it was built before jumping on the latest "Carson the Idiot" bandwagon.
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com