2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we can add Cher to the list of Xenophobic Racists. She went full Trump mode in this tweet even including bomb, knife emojis.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1449038300.723952.jpg

Polling indicates a majority of Americans (~60-65% if memory serves me right) are at odds with the President on the issue of admitting Syrian refugees at all.

For me personally I think we should have a pause to make sure we are on sure-footing on our security screening. Then families go to the front of the line.

I'm not an extremist like Cher who wants to send them back to ISIS.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I guess we can add Cher to the list of Xenophobic Racists. She went full Trump mode in this tweet even including bomb, knife emojis.

View attachment 10504

That is...yeah. Wow. I'm seriously hoping that's some sort of attempt to mock Trump's attitude or something, 'cause otherwise...:huh:.

(And so...many...emojis...)

Polling indicates a majority of Americans (~60-65% if memory serves me right) are at odds with the President on the issue of admitting Syrian refugees at all.

*Shrugs* Well, I'm not in that percentage, I can say that much.

If the people of Paris, on the very night in which their city was under siege and they had yet to catch all the terrorists involved in said attack, were willing to open the doors to their own homes to complete strangers as a means of keeping them safe, knowing full well the potential risk of doing such a thing, then call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure our country can manage to open its entire freaking borders to let refugees in and help keep them safe. Letting immigrants onto our shores is kind of our thing, after all.

I don't think Cher has a particularly coherent political stance, it's just alphabet cereal.

You guys think this op-ed is too optimistic?

As the revolutions interact, they are accelerating the emergence of a new America. Consider that nearly 40 percent of New York City’s residents are foreign-born, with Chinese the second-largest group behind Dominicans. The foreign-born make up nearly 40 percent of Los Angeles’s residents and 58 percent of Miami’s. A majority of U.S. households are headed by unmarried people, and, in cities, 40 percent of households include only a single person. Church attendance is in decline, and non-religious seculars now outnumbermainline Protestants. Three-quarters of working-age women are in the labor force, and two-thirds of women are the breadwinners or co-breadwinners of their households. The proportion of racial minorities is approaching 40 percent, but blowing up all projections are the 15 percent of new marriages that are interracial. People are moving from the suburbs to the cities. And in the past five years, two-thirds of millennial college graduates have settled in the 50 largest cities, transforming them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-2016-could-be-shattering-for-republicans/2015/11/13/fae603dc-88b0-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html?postshare=9381448896469908&tid=ss_tw

The author has a point, but he's a Democratic pollster, so of course he's biased.

The thought of Trumpy getting the nomination makes me want to vomit in terror.

If he becomes President, I'm leaving the country. Don't know where I'll go, but I don't want to live in a place where racism rules. The world keeps going forward yet America is taking steps back.

If he becomes President, I'm leaving the country. Don't know where I'll go, but I don't want to live in a place where racism rules. The world keeps going forward yet America is taking steps back.

I'm not sure there is sufficient evidence for this. And wherever you choose to go (going to assume a predominantly English speaking country), you're not going to find anywhere devoid of racism, I'm sorry to say.

Now we've just left him with a lethal level of self-delusion so he can go and humiliate himself in front of foreign audiences for fun.

View attachment 10504

For me personally I think we should have a pause to make sure we are on sure-footing on our security screening. Then families go to the front of the line.

I'm not an extremist like Cher who wants to send them back to ISIS.

You have a knack for skirting the subject.

Cher?! Really?!

Actually the only unbiased poll numbers I've seen have it around 52%.

Have you done any real research on the screening process? Do you know how many agencies and interviews they go through?

I can't imagine a President Hillary Clinton

You can't imagine a former SoS as president? I find that difficult a thought to struggle with.

I think what you meant to say is that you "don't want a president Hilary Clinton." Because imagining it isn't so outlandish.

I'm not sure there is sufficient evidence for this. And wherever you choose to go (going to assume a predominantly English speaking country), you're not going to find anywhere devoid of racism, I'm sorry to say.

You're right. It will just be hugely disappointing if Trump becomes president.

I think that there is no statement more offensive and disgusting to me than "it's God's will" - it's callous, sometimes cruel (even if unintentionally so). Just blech. :down:

Trump doesn't have to pander to evangelicals, he's winning them over by projecting strength over the rest of the field. Strength they want in the Oval Office.

The fact that he doesn't have to parade his faith will appeal to voters who view the GOP as the Jesus Party.

I think that there is no statement more offensive and disgusting to me than "it's God's will" - it's callous, sometimes cruel (even if unintentionally so). Just blech. :down:

To me it's a meaningless statement. I don't believe in God so I just view him as a talking idiot.

Trump is particularly offensive. Let me make it clear -- I despise Marco Rubio probably more than any other candidate aside from Ted Cruz. But in terms of championing an offensive idiot, it's Donald Trump. And the best part is that he's doing it on purpose, and people are gobbling it up and taking him seriously.

Trump doesn't have to pander to evangelicals, he's winning them over by projecting strength over the rest of the field. Strength they want in the Oval Office.

The fact that he doesn't have to parade his faith will appeal to voters who view the GOP as the Jesus Party.

:therethere:

How cute...

Unfortunately you're right about this. He "projects" strength by being utterly certain he's correct even when he says blatantly incorrect things. He doesn't stutter, he doesn't hedge, he doesn't apologize. Why? Because he doesn't give a shit what he says, he just says whatever he wants.

He's reckless and dangerous and moronic and anyone who supports him is a piece of shit, but he's effective to a certain point.

Too many people confuse meathead machismo with actual strength.

It's appealing on the right in lieu of Obama's professorial parsing statements that sometimes are void of emotion. Not saying they're bad in substance, but stylistically Trump is the opposite in machismo.

There are Americans who admire the Putin machismo and symbolic presence he projects. Ride now it looks like he is running train on the world stage.
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1449261772.299642.jpg

Now Trump supporters want that eagle back.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1449261843.254395.jpg

I apologize to those offended by this image haha

It's appealing on the right in lieu of Obama's professorial parsing statements that sometimes are void of emotion. Not saying they're bad in substance, but stylistically Trump is the opposite in machismo.

There are Americans who admire the Putin machismo and symbolic presence he projects. Ride now it looks like he is running train on the world stage.
View attachment 10505

Now Trump supporters want that eagle back.

View attachment 10506

I apologize to those offended by this image haha

So, what I'm gathering from your post and pictures is that the right wants a cartoon character to run the country.

Did you all not learn a thing from Dubya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom