2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #301
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:02 AM
Leave it to the Republicans to have a great, "anyone but ______" candidate to go against and end up with two dipshits as their top two options.

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:02 PM
I think Rubio just officially put Jeb's campaign to an end.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 10-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #303
ONE
love, blood, life

and how? He hasn't done anything but suck and get stomped on.

Cruz was swinging. Fiorina was swinging.

That's it.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #304
Refugee

Less than I was expecting from the CNBC personalities managing the debate so far.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #305
ONE
love, blood, life

Marco Rubio:

Economy isn't the same as it was, and that's why we should change immigration laws

What a twat.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #306
ONE
love, blood, life

And here comes Twinkie muncher Chris Christie saying that talking about fantasy football gambling isn't a serious topic because it's a game.

Maybe the fat twat missed the point. The pretty, harmless title is what the problem is.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #307
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Jeb got smoked last night. He had a prepped attack line on Rubio telling him he should just resign and Rubio hit him back hard saying he's modeling his campaign after McCain's comeback in 08' and cited the higher number of votes he missed on the campaign trail. Jeb had the worst night.

Cruz, Rubio, Christie had their best performances. Trump was solid and more seasoned. He totally neutered Kasich (who was the most annoying debator) by pointing out he was on the board of Lehman Bros. in 08'

Old 10-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
And here comes Twinkie muncher Chris Christie saying that talking about fantasy football gambling isn't a serious topic because it's a game.

Maybe the fat twat missed the point. The pretty, harmless title is what the problem is.
I'm not exactly a Christie fan but i think he was spot on there. With everything going on here and around the world.....they wanted to talk about fantasy football? Were they going to ask about the Kardashians next?

Rubio, Christie, and Cruz (God forbid) all had good performances imho.

Jeb! seems lost and confused and has probably zero chance from here on out.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:11 PM   #309
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I'm not exactly a Christie fan but i think he was spot on there. With everything going on here and around the world.....they wanted to talk about fantasy football? Were they going to ask about the Kardashians next?

Rubio, Christie, and Cruz (God forbid) all had good performances imho.

Jeb! seems lost and confused and has probably zero chance from here on out.

How is he spot on? It's a legitimate question mired by the very topic of the nature.

They're not talking about fantasy football. They're talking about gambling, a serious topic of the most serious concerns. Especially when, as mentioned by the moderators, insider information gets passed around. It involves people's money. Billions of dollars. You just shrug it off because it's got a "fantasy football" title attached to it? Replace "fantasy football" with "unregulated stock market" and do you think people will care? Is sports betting not considered gambling, because it doesn't have to do with a deck of cards?

Jeez. That seriously irritates me. If someone can't see why it's definitely a big deal, how do you expect them to do any form of critical thinking about on topics such as foreign policy?

A lot of news outlets are giving Rubio lots of credit. I don't understand why. He was on the defensive the entire time. And even though he might've countered Bush well, I think that was a lose-lose. Floridians are pissed off about Rubio.

I'm not just saying this because I hate Rubio, either. I personally thought Ted Cruz was a decisive winner in this debate, and he's arguably my least favorite candidate.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
How is he spot on? It's a legitimate question mired by the very topic of the nature.
Because, imho, gambling is not nearly as serious a problem as what is going on in the middle east, which i think is what he said. He did mention ISIS, among other things, if i recall correctly.

Quote:
They're not talking about fantasy football. They're talking about gambling, a serious topic of the most serious concerns. Especially when, as mentioned by the moderators, insider information gets passed around. It involves people's money. Billions of dollars. You just shrug it off because it's got a "fantasy football" title attached to it? Replace "fantasy football" with "unregulated stock market" and do you think people will care? Is sports betting not considered gambling, because it doesn't have to do with a deck of cards?
Yeah i get it, gambling and insider trading and all that is a serious problem. However it's not as serious (imho) as ISIS and all of the other major catastrophic events going on in the world. Right?

Just because someone prioritizes these problems doesn't mean they are shrugging them off.

Quote:
A lot of news outlets are giving Rubio lots of credit. I don't understand why. He was on the defensive the entire time. And even though he might've countered Bush well, I think that was a lose-lose. Floridians are pissed off about Rubio.

I'm not just saying this because I hate Rubio, either. I personally thought Ted Cruz was a decisive winner in this debate, and he's arguably my least favorite candidate.
I don't particularly care for Rubio, i agree the moderators' comment about his personal finances and 401k withdraw could be potentially troublesome for him if someone wanted to make the connection that he doesn't manage money well.

However, imho, he appeared strong last night. It's a matter of opinion, so agree or disagree with it if you like.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #311
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:02 PM
Not a Christie fan, but I thought he made some solid points and was right about the fantasy football/gambling crap. We have a lot more serious issues to deal with.
Rubio and Cruz were obviously on fire last night, I would expect Rubio to be #1 in the polls by next debate.
Jeb is done. He knows it, too.
I was hoping Rand would jump in more, he wasn't being asked many questions. He really needed a big debate, he has been hot lately and been riding up the polls. He was much too quiet, but still made some really good points when he had the chance.
Oh and good lord were the moderators bad. The one John guy (last name has slipped my mind) blatantly lied about Rubio's tax plan and has been exposed for doing so. They made it all about them with just terrible questions and over moderating. Just let the candidates talk fergodsakes, we don't care about the moderators. Geez. Glad Cruz went after them.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

As I said before, Rubio is clearly the most skilled debater in the entire bunch and I think last night is when his rocket is finally going to blast off. Carson has a ceiling he's about to hit and the hot air is clearly starting to leak from the Trump balloon. Rubio will be the establishment candidate left standing by the end of all of this.

I put Jeb Bush's chances now at 0% and that's me being objective. He may have a $100 million war chest of a Super PAC, but his actual campaign is running low on funds and he's only proven time and again to turn each debate appearance into a disaster rather than making them the moment where his campaign does a 180. I'd even say that the odds are better that Bobby Jindal has a moment and utilizes a decent Iowa ground game to eventually win the nomination. Seriously, Bush is toast.

On that PredictIt site, I noticed that the "No" for Bush winning the nomination was set to .76 cents which means you'd win a buck if he lost the nomination. Even before the debate, I figured that would be a great opportunity for someone to buy into as the chances of him winning the nomination sure as hell weren't 24% going into last night. As of right now, that contract is still only .85 cents and it's still the best guaranteed market you can get into because, again, Jeb Bush will not win this nomination.

We no longer live in a world where bombarding the television with a lot of advertisements makes much of a difference. People read the news or watch the 24/7 news media repeat bits of the horse race over and over again. The only group watching live television are the extremely old (Fox News average viewership is nearly 70, for example) and while Bush's own Super PAC leader admits that they specifically spend money on television advertising because it's where a lot of the base is at, it's not going to be enough to turn things around. These debates make so much more of an impact on the polls than flooding the airwaves. Hell, up until Bush's recent ad-buy, Rick Perry of all people had spent more on ads than anybody else in the field, basically running his Super PAC dry once his actual campaign fund went into the negatives. I would not be shocked if the Bush Super PAC got scared and spent all of their money real soon, leaving Bush to hop out of the race before Iowa (something I still predict Trump to do just as he did when he "quit" the then canceled The Apprenctice).
Old 10-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #313
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

the only takeaway from yesterday's debate was that I would like small 1 million dollar inheritance from my dad
Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #314
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Yeah i get it, gambling and insider trading and all that is a serious problem. However it's not as serious (imho) as ISIS and all of the other major catastrophic events going on in the world. Right?

Just because someone prioritizes these problems doesn't mean they are shrugging them off.

While I understand that there's a level of opinion injected into such a point, I can't help but think that you don't understand why what he said bothered me.

His response indicated that he believed that it was genuinely a game. He was "insulted" by the moderator's decision to pose a question about what he perceived to be "fantasy football." He failed to identify the fact that the very issue with Fan Duels and Draft Kings and whatnot is that they are non-traditional market and gambling schemes. Just like PredictIt is. They are not games.

Whether or not a candidate believes that gambling is not an important issue is a totally different point. Christie's comments made it clear that he didn't even see it as an issue. He disregarded it as "just a game." It speaks to his inability to effectively think critically.

And for what it's worth, if you think ISIS is your #1 priority, that doesn't validate getting mad at someone for asking a different question that isn't about ISIS. Replace non traditional gambling with... human space exploration. It might not have to do with ISIS, but do you believe asking Chris Christie about NASA should spark him to be OUTRAGED that the topic wasn't something HE wanted to talk about? NASA accounts for a percent of the federal budget. It's a legitimate question. One that you can't just push aside in outrage because you know the military has more money spent on it, and therefore the question should've been about the military. It's peppered with fallacious techniques in argument.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:23 PM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
While I understand that there's a level of opinion injected into such a point, I can't help but think that you don't understand why what he said bothered me.

His response indicated that he believed that it was genuinely a game. He was "insulted" by the moderator's decision to pose a question about what he perceived to be "fantasy football." He failed to identify the fact that the very issue with Fan Duels and Draft Kings and whatnot is that they are non-traditional market and gambling schemes. Just like PredictIt is. They are not games.

Whether or not a candidate believes that gambling is not an important issue is a totally different point. Christie's comments made it clear that he didn't even see it as an issue. He disregarded it as "just a game." It speaks to his inability to effectively think critically.
I appreciate that this is an issue that is very important and/or sensitive to you. Honestly i admit i am not involved in the fantasy league(s) as mentioned. If everything you are saying is true i agree it does need to be looked at, investigated, etc.

However, if i were POTUS or someone running for POTUS, it would not be in the Top 10 most important things on my agenda.

Quote:
And for what it's worth, if you think ISIS is your #1 priority, that doesn't validate getting mad at someone for asking a different question that isn't about ISIS.
Okay...gonna just stop right here. Once again you think i am mad at you...i am not mad at you. I have never been mad at you. It's a difference of opinion, that is all. I don't know where you keep getting this from....second time this has happened between us in a few weeks here in this very thread. If i were truly mad at you, i would ignore you and move on. This forum is not worth getting mad about.