2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this Latina and her family definitely don't support Trump. I'd be very surprised if many Latinos that aren't Cuban do. I'm 2nd generation, and am not concerned undocumented immigrants are going to take my cushy office job.

at the risk of sounding like i'm grouping 14% of the US population together into a monolithic whole, is there any inter-group suspicion/irritation with Cubans? as political refugees from dreaded Communist super villain Fidel Castro, they've enjoyed a protected status not afforded to any other immigrant group (Latino or otherwise) that i can think of.

at the risk of sounding like i'm grouping 14% of the US population together into a monolithic whole, is there any inter-group suspicion/irritation with Cubans? as political refugees from dreaded Communist super villain Fidel Castro, they've enjoyed a protected status not afforded to any other immigrant group (Latino or otherwise) that i can think of.

I don't think so. I was just referencing that Cubans are more prone to vote Republican than other Latinos. Although, even that is changing with the younger generations.

I'm 2nd generation, and am not concerned undocumented immigrants are going to take my cushy office job.

Seriously. There's been heavy Hispanic populations in many of the towns I've lived in over the years. They're the biggest minority group.

Yet when my parents lost jobs, it was NEVER the result of immigrants, legal or illegal, "taking their jobs" and forcing them out.

No, my parents losing jobs was the result of corporate bullshit and CEOs who didn't seem to understand how to run a company, or didn't care as long as they got their HUGE cut of pay, or whatever. My mom worked at a KMart in another part of Iowa that shut down a little over ten years or so ago, and she and all the other employees had to sign some sort of thing regarding the company shutting down if they wanted to get their final paychecks.

Meanwhile, the CEO of that company? He got millions in a bonus that year. Yeah.

And my dad worked in radio, and the corporate entity known as Clear Channel coming in and taking over radio stations and automating them was what led to his being laid off along with plenty of other DJs.

But nope, Republicans, let's not talk about THAT issue at all. Trickle down economics totally works, yeah!

Donald Trump went full emo tonight. Wow.

"How stupid are the people of Iowa?" Trump said. "How stupid are the people of the country to believe this crap?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...is-race/?postshare=3971447388741221&tid=ss_tw

There is so much here that makes me laugh that I don't even know where to begin. Wow.

On the note of Carson, though, I find him creepier and creepier with each new thing that comes out of his mouth. The guy is weird.

Because I think most people believe Trump is a clever snake who doesn't honestly believe anything he says. People aren't so sure about Carson.

Exactly. Either that or they simply chalk him up to being an obnoxious loudmouth looking for a few extra minutes of fame (which is my view).

Most people on this board actually agree with Trump that Carson is "Pathological" (i.e. Abnormal) That gives me a chuckle

I guess we had to agree on something at some point.

But the idea that fellow Iowans pushed Trump into the lead among Republicans at one point was just as depressing to me. And just as strange.

SNL had a great skit busting on Ben Carson last night. Anybody see it. Wasn't too malicious but just used his own words. Kenan Thompson was a great Black Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I liked a few things Jindal had to say here and there. No one really expected anything from him, though. Glad he dropped out.
Hopefully Santorum is next. He's so bad. I thought for sure that Ron Paul ended his entire political career in the 2012 debates, but he just will not go away. Really pathetic and sad.

I liked a few things Jindal had to say here and there. No one really expected anything from him, though. Glad he dropped out.
Hopefully Santorum is next. He's so bad. I thought for sure that Ron Paul ended his entire political career in the 2012 debates, but he just will not go away. Really pathetic and sad.

I agree with you about Ass Juice. The guy is a real stain on the already shitty GOP.

I honestly had no idea Santorum hadn't dropped out already. He must like wasting other peoples' money.

Syrian refugees should be allowed entry, says Jeb Bush.

But wait! Only if they prove that they're Christian.

Jeb Bush: Syrian Refugees Can 'Prove' They're Christian Video - ABC News

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Obama nails the response to this:

And when I hear folks say that, well, maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims; when I hear political leaders suggesting there should be a religious test for which a person who's fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted, when some of those folks themselves come from families who benefitted from protection when they were fleeing political persecution -- that's shameful. That's not American. That's not who we are. We don't have religious tests for our compassion.

This map looks a bit funny to me.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-18-at-8.58.02-AM.png

:lmao: :lmao:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...and-put-a-bunch-of-states-in-the-wrong-place/

Jesus? Mary? Abraham? Hello?

giphy.gif

They believe Jesus is a prophet, not the son of God. Huge, huge difference. No concept of the Trinity, just Allah.
What they believe about Abraham is radically different. It's completely opposite of what Christian's believe. In Islam, Ishmael was the blessed one, while Isaac is cursed.
They also don't think Mary had a virgin birth.
The list could go on and on...

They believe Jesus is a prophet, not the son of God. Huge, huge difference. No concept of the Trinity, just Allah.
What they believe about Abraham is radically different. It's completely opposite of what Christian's believe. In Islam, Ishmael was the blessed one, while Isaac is cursed.
They also don't think Mary had a virgin birth.
The list could go on and on...

He said nothing about the different nuances, just the intersections and similar characters and stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom