2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say .... of all the batshit insane things Carson has said, this seems to be on the saner end of the spectrum.

I mean, wrong, but not completely batshit insane.

My point is that there are African American evangelicals who vote Republican that live in Philadelphia.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Of course there are, but you do realize that election was different? Many evangelicals stayed home, because "Mormonism is a cult".

Meet Ben Carson's Campaign Manager
I-am-not-saying.jpg

Concerning Ben Carson's comments on the Great Pyramid of Giza.

It would be good to check on the different theories on why it was built before jumping on the latest "Carson the Idiot" bandwagon.

I am sure Carson is a brilliant and wonderful guy, honestly, but im not following his theories on the Pyramids.

I am certainly NOT an expert on the Pyramids or anything, but i have visited them 20 years ago when our unit deployed to Egypt for a training mission. We had some downtime and we took a trip to Cairo to see all of the sights and of course the Pyramids, which was an awesome thing to behold.

Having been inside one of them i can testify that there are actual tombs inside the pyramid that we were allowed to go into. The passageways were very narrow and from what i recall we climbed a long sort of stairway or walkway to what might have been towards or near the top of the thing. My memory is a little foggy after all of these years, but i don't recall seeing any grain in or around the area we were exposed to.

I guess it's possible...but im not buying it at all. They are what they say there are (in my opinion).

wait did you guys already discussed about Larry Lessig dropping out of race or you guys just don't give a shit?

You know there are actual historians of Pharaonic Egypt, archaeologists, generations of people have studied this stuff in considerable detail. But sure, it was aliens, or they wanted really tiny grain stores or something, sure. All opinions are equal.

Some day, millennia from now, some know-nothing blowhard (looking quite a bit like Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down') is going to hypothesise that the ruined Capitol must have been a really big crack bin or something. Or aliens, man. Who could build domes, certainly no mortal known to know-nothing blowhards.

Last edited:
We've come a long way from William Buckley. The right has turned into something that celebrates ignorance and labels fact and logic as liberal bias. He must be rolling in his grave...

Debate lineup for the next clown car express on Fox Business has been announced. Christie and Huckabee are demoted to the undercard debate with Jindal and Santorum while Pataki and Graham failed to even qualify for that one.

We should be seeing a lot of dropouts shortly...

Not Even In The Next Debate: Gilmore, Graham, Pataki

Demoted Which Will Lead To A Death Spiral For Their Campaign: Christie, Huckabee

Still Not Gaining Any Traction Nationwide: Jindal, Santorum

I always figured Christie would be one not to take the ego bruise. When the poll numbers come in after the B-list debate, I think he'll exit out of this thing. As much as he feels he's been destined to become our next President, you figure he'll give up on the dream at this point, even if it means blasting the media and the "establishment" on his way out. Right? Right? :doh:

I'd bet that Christie and Rand Paul are the next two to leave. A lot of these poll underlings haven't seemed to mind things so far and feel they're due for a boost whereas those two guys will realize their campaigns have been nothing but a downhill slide for months now and call it a day. Once the holidays roll around and a lot of these idiots realize they'd rather be with their families, the field will winnow to about 6 or 7.

Last edited:
Who the hell is Gilmore?

I'm surprised Rand Paul is still up there. I guess he just gets to chew on the sad scraps of his father's 1% legacy.

#StandwithRand
I'll keep supporting him until he quits and it will be a sad day for me if/when it happens.

I'm choosing B, here.

I can't speak for anyone and only really glance at this thread now and again, but there could be an option c. being:

1. the guy did, after all, drop out
2. no other likely contender seems likely to talk about his major issue (which, from overseas, and from what I understand, I'd heartily support, along with compulsory voting, elections on Saturdays, and a complete end to voting-day ID challenging bullshit)
3. so, what to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom