2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2015, 12:06 AM   #166
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:56 PM
Has she admitted she straight up lied about that abortion video that doesn't exist yet?

Old 10-14-2015, 12:29 AM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Wow Bernie comes across as likeable as A ticked off Larry David trying to pass a kidney stone

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 10-14-2015, 01:54 AM   #168
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
McCain is as slimy as they get. Screw him. He's done nothing to help the veterans of this country, even though he is one himself!
Fiorina is the non politician politician. Her debate tactics are very slimy. She likes to grab people's emotions and not with facts.

Slimy to me is Mitt Romney. Or, from the reverse perspective, Hillary Clinton. The big smiles on their faces that are total bullshit as they suckle the money from their donors and grow new views overnight.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:33 AM   #169
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Bernie is going to get exposed real soon for his hand waving. He's doing the same shit Trump does. "It's going to be great."
he's going to get exposed for his hand waving? is this referring to something or do you mean him literally waving his hands is somehow scandalous?

chafee was ridiculous though and most of the time he spoke, he just proved he clearly has no backbone since any time he was challenged on any of his past votes he was like "well gosh you know the voting was 99-5 so..." "i had just entered office right before this and the record was 99-2 so..." as if a politician who apparently gets strong-armed into voting for things he's supposedly not comfortable voting for only because everyone else is is who america needs for our next president.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #170
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:56 PM
So, I forgot to DVR this. Did any of them talk meaningfully about publically funded elections?
Old 10-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #171
45:33

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Quote:
But at the same time, I'm a gun owner and have many friends in that industry. So I'm very torn on it.

I'm not quite following this - how would increased restrictions/regulations affect you in any way? Where's the negative?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #172
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Gosh, lighten up. I'm sure you and your husband are models of financial virtue. I was being mildly humorous.

But the truth is that we actually know very little about his finances, so, honestly, making a point one way or the other tells us nothing about his ability to govern or not.
Sounds like you need to lighten up.

Anyway the reason I focused in on it is because I actually started to suspect he was doing fairly reasonable financial planning, for example bequeathing money to family, etc which would not show up in financial disclosure available to CNN (though would arguably be a form of tax avoidance that he'd probably be publicly against). I still don't believe the numbers make any kind of sense.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #173
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Psychopaths with weapons, whether it be guns, knives, vehicles, etc, is certainly a massive threat to our safety and well-being as a nation.
I'm personally pretty torn on guns. The biggest problem is psychopaths, but there needs to be some kind of background check. If there's someone with serious mental illness, I would feel nervous if they had a gun in my presence.

I do think it's interesting that the right has tried to turn the focus on mental illness. 8 years ago you were all saying, "if you want healthcare then get a job", now all of a sudden you're concerned about healthcare. Mental illness is a concern, but it's not the issue, do you really believe that we as a nation have a higher occurrence of mental illness?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #174
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
he's going to get exposed for his hand waving? is this referring to something or do you mean him literally waving his hands is somehow scandalous?

Handwaving means you fail to give supporting argument. The equivalent to being "all talk." He's talking about doing big things, but he's not explaining anything.

When we talk about handwaving in sciences, it usually refers to telling someone to accept that a mathematical proof exists but not actually displaying the proof.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #175
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I do think it's interesting that the right has tried to turn the focus on mental illness. 8 years ago you were all saying, "if you want healthcare then get a job", now all of a sudden you're concerned about healthcare. Mental illness is a concern, but it's not the issue, do you really believe that we as a nation have a higher occurrence of mental illness?

That's the thing. The right are all "but what about mental illness" whenever the latest shooting tragedy occurs, but then they do absolutely nothing to attempt to improve mental health services. Or, perhaps more accurately, they actively block any legislation that might improve mental health services and/or health care access.

Personally, I would rather vote for those who are attempting to do something rather than keep voting for those who are content to do nothing, or those who pay lip service but then actually fight to prevent any improvement.

But that's just me.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #176
ONE
love, blood, life

Metal health on gun issues is not a conservative key point. As you said, it's a conservative copout.

Mental health on guns IS more important than restricting who gets guns, and it IS more important than holding people liable. Our country is different. There are already plenty of guns out there. But these ideas are NOT independent. They go together, entirely.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:36 AM   #177
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Anyway the reason I focused in on it is because I actually started to suspect he was doing fairly reasonable financial planning, for example bequeathing money to family, etc which would not show up in financial disclosure available to CNN (though would arguably be a form of tax avoidance that he'd probably be publicly against). I still don't believe the numbers make any kind of sense.
Good point
Old 10-15-2015, 03:08 AM   #178
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
That's the thing. The right are all "but what about mental illness" whenever the latest shooting tragedy occurs, but then they do absolutely nothing to attempt to improve mental health services. Or, perhaps more accurately, they actively block any legislation that might improve mental health services and/or health care access.

Personally, I would rather vote for those who are attempting to do something rather than keep voting for those who are content to do nothing, or those who pay lip service but then actually fight to prevent any improvement.

But that's just me.
Completely agreed on all of this.

Missed the actual debate itself, but saw clips. OMG, Chafee, and all the stuff Khanada was talking about in relation to him! So many excuses....

And Webb's "They got more time" thing just plain cracked me up .

From what I saw of the clips, though, yeah, it's not even a contest that Bernie and Hilary are gonna be the ones duking it out for the nomination. I'm fine with both of them-I think I agree a little more with Bernie on a lot of things than I do Hilary, but I've never had an issue with Hilary. And I would vote for Hilary if she wins the nomination, and her gender wouldn't be a factor for me. I won't argue that I do like the possibility that we may see our first female president, though.

Having said that, however I do still wish we had a few more options, too. People who aren't so establishment or tied to a previous president (mind, I think Hilary can and would forge her own path, but still). And while I'm all for compromise and parties working together, until the GOP actually proves they're willing to do that, I think it'd do the Democrats well to rally up the liberals more. Really differentiate themselves, instead of just being bland centrists. And if they are going to remain centrist, fine, but at least let us get the sense there are some issues important to Democrats that they will stand firm on and fight for.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #179
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:56 PM
Quote:
Has she admitted she straight up lied about that abortion video that doesn't exist yet?
Old 10-15-2015, 04:34 PM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
This is the part that really lets me down about our media. No one is ever really held accountable for lying. You can say the stupidest thing, the most offensive, and you'll be hounded until you say you're sorry. You'll lose sponsorship, money, careers....

But to just flat out lie like this, and have no one call you on it? Depressing.

And of course this goes to both sides of the isle.