2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The election will disappear into thin air, resulting in the campaigning from either side extending towards 2020.

Did it cause an allergic reaction that would take him out of the race (but not kill him, because I don't like to wish death on people)? Because that would be awesome.

Well, he went to the touristy cheesesteak places Geno's and Pat's in Passyunk. Beyond it just being a poor representation of a good cheesesteak, they're both outside seating, so it was very easy for him to get heckled.

CLBPjYQWIAAPRV7.jpg

But more than that, he ordered American without (a cheesesteak with American cheese and no onions), which is just him coming to Philadelphia and trying to shove Wisconsin down our throats. Also, the founder of Geno's is a notorious racist so naturally he went there first. And then going to Pat's afterwards was clearly him playing both sides of the aisle. And then he left the food on the table when he left, which, like, they don't have a waitstaff to pick up after you.

Well this is meaningful political dialogue: what type of cheese or lack thereof a candidate had on a cheesesteak. I'll take it as a break from the Trump parade at least.

We can keep coming up with movie characters. (Cheese etiquette is a big deal in Philly. If you're running for office you better not fuck it up. Go to Pat's and order Wiz or Wiz without . . . that's it)

Bobby Moynihan as Chris Christie
11819464-large.jpg

Screen_Shot_2012-11-18_at_11.14.53_PM.png

Well, he went to the touristy cheesesteak places Geno's and Pat's in Passyunk. Beyond it just being a poor representation of a good cheesesteak, they're both outside seating, so it was very easy for him to get heckled.

CLBPjYQWIAAPRV7.jpg

But more than that, he ordered American without (a cheesesteak with American cheese and no onions), which is just him coming to Philadelphia and trying to shove Wisconsin down our throats. Also, the founder of Geno's is a notorious racist so naturally he went there first. And then going to Pat's afterwards was clearly him playing both sides of the aisle. And then he left the food on the table when he left, which, like, they don't have a waitstaff to pick up after you.

How is this a news story? :lol: You guys are desperate for any anti-republican "news".

Did those protesters get those signs from the local kindergarten?

I think the picture actually helps Walker showing how juvenile the signs are and he just doesn't give a shit.

Bob - Growing up near Philly, Whenever a candidate makes a cheesesteak pilgrimage its big news. Ordering the right way shows the candidate is in tune with the local culture. American cheese isn't a big deal, in fact that's the most common and best tasting. When John Kerry wanted Swiss in 2004 there was a big uproar, because it played to the narrative that he was aloof and only wanted the finest for himself.

It just seems like every election cycle there are several of these insipid food-mishap stories. "Holy hell can you believe candidate x asked for ketchup on his Chicago hot dog!!!!!"

For the record, it says "Scott Walker Lives Inside My Butt."

And also for the record, the best cheesesteak has provolone on it.

thanks for clearing that up

How is this a news story? :lol: You guys are desperate for any anti-republican "news".

the republicans have enough self inflicted damage without people needing to scrutinize their eating habits too (except for Christie).

I do like the signs though, and Walker is a turd.

I think the picture actually helps Walker showing how juvenile the signs are and he just doesn't give a shit.

Bob - Growing up near Philly, Whenever a candidate makes a cheesesteak pilgrimage its big news. Ordering the right way shows the candidate is in tune with the local culture. American cheese isn't a big deal, in fact that's the most common and best tasting. When John Kerry wanted Swiss in 2004 there was a big uproar, because it played to the narrative that he was aloof and only wanted the finest for himself.

The thing i remember most about John Kerry in 2004 was he kept pretending he wasn't some elitist and tried to appeal to the "average guy". For instance, hunting geese, throwing the football around with John "2 Americas'" Edwards, etc.

It's no big deal though, we know that ALL politicians lie to some extent

with the obvious exception of Bernie Sanders, who NEVER lies EVER :sexywink:

It just seems like every election cycle there are several of these insipid food-mishap stories. "Holy hell can you believe candidate x asked for ketchup on his Chicago hot dog!!!!!"

Yeah but....

the pictures are just great

michele-bachmann-corn-dog.png

6a00d8343dba6753ef015390d145ab970b-pi

919423d2.jpg

I dunno, maybe these guys and gals could avoid corndogs and ice cream when running for potus

All three times I've been to Philadelphia I've ordered an American with. I feel lucky to have not started an international incident. Next time I'll get the provolone. Anything but cheez whiz.

A good cheesesteak shouldn't be drowning in cheese and should have a good roll. As long as it has those things going for it, it will be delicious and not gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom