2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and for Deez Nuts enthusiasts
is not that poll just in one state, N C?

also, looking at the polls, his highest support came from younger people and going up the age charts his support dropped with the oldest giving him the least

so we know where the dumbing down of the electorate is coming from

and when questioned Mr. Nuts said if he had to vote for another candidate it would be Bernie Sanders or the Libertarian guy

Last edited:
To be fair, random douchebags were assaulting the homeless well before Donald Trump was a political presence and will continue to do so well after he's dead.

but, these guys mentioned Trump or something, so Trump, fair game

everybody, unload, can this be the one???? the Howard Dean yelp that does him in (crosses fingers)

Being an island doesn't seem to help England keep out undocumented immigrants, so why does anyone think a wall will help the US?

To be fair, random douchebags were assaulting the homeless well before Donald Trump was a political presence and will continue to do so well after he's dead.
My problem, my really big problem, was his response. It almost sounded like him shrugging and saying, "Boys will be boys."

Being an island doesn't seem to help England keep out undocumented immigrants, so why does anyone think a wall will help the US?

it is more of a question of ease

if 90 % were stopped, that would make a lot of people happy

these arguments are not always either/ or

kids underage drink, so why try and enforce 21 year old drinking laws??

True, same with the "well, bad guys will still find ways to get guns, so why bother trying to restrict them at all?"

My problem, my really big problem, was his response. It almost sounded like him shrugging and saying, "Boys will be boys."

Yeah, I agree 100% about that. I think there's a danger in starting to pin random acts of violence or racism on him, though, as the article seems to want to do.

True, same with the "well, bad guys will still find ways to get guns, so why bother trying to restrict them at all?"

very true
I hate these types of arguments
we can't keep drugs out of prisons, why not just legalize and tax

I would just like to see some kind of realistic immigration policy
some of these oil kingdoms have 80 per cent of the population as legal guess workers, I don't advocate that,
but entering, living a sad life below the radar for decades on slave wages and then hoping for a one time solution every 30 years of so is not the way to go.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree 100% about that. I think there's a danger in starting to pin random acts of violence or racism on him, though, as the article seems to want to do.

Did you miss the part where the suspect allegedly said to the police, "Trump is right we need to..."?
I wouldn't call this random or a stretch to connect Trump's influence.

The suspect has issues and hate crimes in his past but he's naming the person that incited him.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Did you miss the part where the suspect allegedly said to the police, "Trump is right we need to..."?

The suspect has issues and hate crimes in his past but he's naming the person that incited him.

This has to be one of the bigger WTF's i have read from you :huh:

So i guess this is Trump's fault too?

“Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported,” Scott Leader allegedly told police. Leader previously served a year in prison for a hate-crime attack on a Moroccan man days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to court documents.

:huh:

Why?

I'm not saying it's his fault, neither is the article. That's why I specifically cited his violent past.

You said this

The title to the article is this

Donald Trump inspired vicious attack on Hispanic homeless man, police say

If you can't see the WTF here then i probably can't explain it to you :huh:

You said this

The title to the article is this

If you can't see the WTF here then i probably can't explain it to you :huh:

To say there's no connection there is silly, the suspect cited an influence. It does not mean Trump is responsible for the violence, but it shows a connection between the rhetoric and the danger it attracts.

a lot of the arguments in here are people so desperate to think they furthering their position they can't think rationally

if you had somebody illegally building a 30 foot wall without the proper building permits, that perhaps could be laid at Trumps (hair piece) feet.

To say there's no connection there is silly, the suspect cited an influence. It does not mean Trump is responsible for the violence, but it shows a connection between the rhetoric and the danger it attracts.

give me a break

no Trump in the picture, these assholes are still going to beat up homeless people, you know the type.

and for Deez Nuts enthusiasts
is not that poll just in one state, N C?

also, looking at the polls, his highest support came from younger people and going up the age charts his support dropped with the oldest giving him the least

so we know where the dumbing down of the electorate is coming from

Trump supporters?

I think anyone who honestly believes Trump should be president should be sent for a psychiatric evaluation.

This thing is on Trump as much as the killing of John Lennon is on JD Salinger.

give me a break

no Trump in the picture, these assholes are still going to beat up homeless people, you know the type.

He's been involved in two violent crimes, both had stressors. Him being homeless didn't seem to be the issue. Why is Trump fresh on his mind at the arrest? Just random? Or is the stressor having a future presidential hopeful spewing words that validate your own hatred?

So if i were to go and beat up a homeless person, and cite Obama as a reference, as my inspiration for doing so, does that mean there is a connection to Obama? Did Obama incite the violence?

a lot of the arguments in here are people so desperate to think they furthering their position they can't think rationally

if you had somebody illegally building a 30 foot wall without the proper building permits, that perhaps could be laid at Trumps (hair piece) feet.

give me a break

well said

I think anyone who honestly believes Trump should be president should be sent for a psychiatric evaluation.

This thing is on Trump as much as the killing of John Lennon is on JD Salinger.

Once again, I'm not saying it's "on Trump", but this analogy isn't quite the same. Salinger wasn't saying anything to directly validate a certain hatred towards a certain person.

So if i were to go and beat up a homeless person, and cite Obama as a reference, as my inspiration for doing so, does that mean there is a connection to Obama? Did Obama incite the violence?

well said

What did Obama say to validate your violent hatred?

Once again, I'm not saying it's "on Trump", but this analogy isn't quite the same. Salinger wasn't saying anything to directly validate a certain hatred towards a certain person.

See... I agree with you, but still think you're wrong.

Clearly politicians and media figures have the ability to shape a narrative a certain way that is not necessarily based in reality.

And I don't doubt that these guys were influenced by Trump.

But crazy is crazy.

To do what was done, they'd have to be crazy. If Trump didn't influence them, something else would have.

I can blame Trump for his own crazy. I can't blame him for others'.

See... I agree with you, but still think you're wrong.

Clearly politicians and media figures have the ability to shape a narrative a certain way that is not necessarily based in reality.

And I don't doubt that these guys were influenced by Trump.

But crazy is crazy.

To do what was done, they'd have to be crazy. If Trump didn't influence them, something else would have.

I think some are focusing too much on Trump. Ok, remove him from the equation completely and let's just focus on the rhetoric.

My point is that the rhetoric feeds and validates this kind of "crazy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom