2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosie O'Donnell is a fat pig, our leaders are all stupid, PC has got to go, I've bought politicians when i needed favors, etc.

It's all good stuff. :up:

...what? I think I can speak for both myself and Irvine when I say that the things he's saying are fucking disgusting... doesn't mean it's not entertaining to watch an idiot lampoon on a worldwide stage.

This will be my first presidential election that I'll be able to vote in. But I've voted for my parents in every election going back to 206. Plus I registered as Republican so I could vote for the worst candidates in their primary. Trump 2016!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What about this Bernie Sanders bloke. I've seen him getting more attention than any serious non-Dem/GOP candidate in, like, ever?

What about this Bernie Sanders bloke. I've seen him getting more attention than any serious non-Dem/GOP candidate in, like, ever?

He's an equivalent of a Green here, I think that's the best description. He is very progressive relative to basically anyone else running.

Well he's a Democrat because that's the nomination he's running for, but in Vermont as a Senator he's an independent. He's my favorite candidate by far. Way better than Hillary. Mainly because I feel that he actually cares about people, rather than most other politicians who only care about themselves or their donors. Plus I agree with most of his policy positions.

I'm voting Bernie in the primaries and I hope in the election proper, though I doubt he will get that far.

I voted in a swing state once; Indiana after a fluke swing in 2008. Otherwise, hardcore blue. Maryland and California haven't been red states since the Reagan administration.

Pretty sure most people in this thread don't vote. Or aren't Americans. Or live in states that don't matter as always go red or blue.

This guy knows what he's talking about. He spent 2 days in France and knows all of Europe smells of body odor.

The chances that you'll ever have the opportunity are slim to none, unless one of the point's in Trump's ten step program is a military junta.

Right now I like Trump. I just love the way he is scaring the wits out of the National Republican Party big wigs and the Fox News talking heads.

And all the others hiding inside the Washington bubble.

He's rocking their boat.

It's going to be fun to watch. :corn:

We've had only ONE true policy answer about Trump; the tariff. Which ironically is far from a conservative platform. But his rhetoric is right inline with his base.

So far it just seems painfully obvious that it's all about his talk; his xenophobic, sexist talk. :shrug:

Right now I like Trump. I just love the way he is scaring the wits out of the National Republican Party big wigs and the Fox News talking heads.

And all the others hiding inside the Washington bubble.

He's rocking their boat.

It's going to be fun to watch. :corn:

Too bad he has no substance.

Conservatives would vote for him out of pure party recognition. I mean, what would it take before you would vote anything other than Democrat? The swing voter is essentially non-existent at this point, and if I'm not mistaken, there is plenty of data to support that claim.

Even my dad, who is rooting for Trump to go the distance, knows he has absolutely no substance and had told me as much. I think the very concept of shaking things up is so appealing to people that total incompetence is a small price to pay.

People want "shaking things up" or "telling it like it is" even if it's just someone being a massive asshole.

Conservatives would vote for him out of pure party recognition. I mean, what would it take before you would vote anything other than Democrat? The swing voter is essentially non-existent at this point, and if I'm not mistaken, there is plenty of data to support that claim.

This. :up:

I have voted in the last two elections.

Last three for me.

2004 - Nader (Ind.)
2008 - Nader (Ind.)
2012 - Stein (Green)

I'll vote for Sanders if he wins the nomination...an even tougher uphill battle now that the Clinton campaign is clearly paying people to interrupt his major speeches with fake "Black Lives Matter" chanters. The two girls in Seattle who interrupted him recently were members of a fake BLM movement Facebook page that was created that very morning, for example, while the actual Seattle Black Lives Matter group denied having anything to do with that "protest". Obviously it's all a set up because why would they be targeting a Civil Rights activist who marched alongside MLK and yet this sort of crap doesn't keep happening to Hillary or any of the Republican candidates? Hmm...

I want to vote for Bernie, but I do have serious reservations about his age.

I'm excited to see that debate, though, genuinely.

I "threw my vote away" in the last election to back up my belief in voting for who you want and not who you "have to". I'd love for the Democrat nominee to be both of those things this time.

I mean... I get the like for a non traditional candidate, and would love to vote for a true third party candidate who was not a career politician...

but I seriously have to question the intelligence of anyone who would legitimately vote for Donald Trump, who's in this as one big giant clusterfuck of a marketing campaign, for President.

I just realized who Donald Trump reminds me of.

2jdkvgj.jpg

For those who haven't seen it, this is Waldo from an episode of Black Mirror. Think modern day Twilight Zone.

"The Waldo Moment"  · Black Mirror · TV Review · The A.V. Club

Let's not pretend that Trump is that huge of an exception. I mean, Sarah Palin was a vice-Presidential nominee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom