2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At work now, but reading some feedback on the 5 pm debate.

They said Perry sucked and he referenced Ronald Raven instead of Ronald Reagan. LOL

His candidacy is nevermore

I remember when Perry was the "great white hope" in early 2011 or 2012 until that first GOP debate when he opened his mouth and nothing came out.

Prior to that, a friend of mine sent me all of those chain emails which bragged about how great Perry was and how Obama was a sleeper agent going to destroy the country. After that debate the Perry emails mysteriously stopped. I wonder - those emails (and the ones like them where the Clinton's supposedly murdered Vince Foster and 69 other white house staffers, etc.) - who the hell sends them or where do they originate from?

I realize both sides do it too, for instance, Romney didn't pay his taxes, Bush was AWOL, etc.

Wait, why do we have a debate like six months before the Iowa Caucuses?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Because...TRUMP

I suppose I've grown old (22) and cynical, but...

a) How can anyone seriously think that he's anything other than an attention-seeking imbecile, and
b) How do non-conservatives find him entertaining? This is just tiring.

Really, the whole GOP clown parade is tiring. We desperately need a sane center-right party.

At work now, but reading some feedback on the 5 pm debate.

They said Perry sucked and he referenced Ronald Raven instead of Ronald Reagan. LOL

His candidacy is nevermore

Really? What a train wreck.

I'm shocked he even attempted to run this time around. I wonder if it's delusion, alcohol, or if like Trump a double agent?

Really? What a train wreck.

I'm shocked he even attempted to run this time around. I wonder if it's delusion, alcohol, or if like Trump a double agent?

It's no surprise to those of us in Texas. He very obviously spent his last two years of his governorship angling for nothing less than the presidency, crafting his imagine into that of a non-buffoon. Hence the glasses.

a) How can anyone seriously think that he's anything other than an attention-seeking imbecile, and

Really, the whole GOP clown parade is tiring. We desperately need a sane center-right party.

I agree, his entertainment value has faded fast. The part that scares me are his supporters, they seem genuinely convinced he can win and that he's looking out for them. Delusion is strong in this election.

I still think when it's all set and done, Rubio wins the republican nomination.

It's no surprise to those of us in Texas. He very obviously spent his last two years of his governorship angling for nothing less than the presidency, crafting his imagine into that of a non-buffoon. Hence the glasses.

I'm only an hour and half south of you(you're in Austin, right?), but I'm still shocked. Maybe I paid less attention to him towards the end. But I'm shocked that his handlers thought he had it in him.

If you think 22 is old (i am old enough to be your parent :doh: ) you might want to drop some of the cynicism and enjoy life a bit more (not trying to sound condescending or preachy either btw, just some good ole fashioned advise from someone who has been there ;) )

A) Because, as unconventional as he is he might just be serious. And he is leading the pack presumably because people like what he is saying - which are things all of the other candidates tend to shy away from.

B) Entertainment is in the eye of the beholder. I don't agree with most of what he says and im sure as hell not a conservative, but as much as i hate to admit it, he is entertaining. Without him, we would be watching Bush trade barbs with Walker - fucking yawn.

Having said all of this - the guy lost his reality show and Miss USA pageants - this campaign is his reality show now. He is an attention whore as noted, but just maybe he really does want the job, though i really cannot imagine why. Who really knows?

I'm only an hour and half south of you(you're in Austin, right?), but I'm still shocked. Maybe I paid less attention to him towards the end. But I'm shocked that his handlers thought he had it in him.

Perry isn't even popular in his own state, why he would run for president is baffling.

Forgot you were from San Antonio. But yeah, lipstick on pig and such.

The only thing I want to see this debate is Christie get pissed and go on a profanity filled tirade. Then walk up to Bret Baier and yell "GET IN MY BELLY"

resize

Found one. For others who might be struggling

One bloke just got a round of applause for literally just saying "I believe Americans want someone to tell the truth"

Breaking news: It has been conclusively proven that fetuses are children because of scientific discoveries.

Who was the fat dude who just said compared abortion to ripping apart adult body parts and selling car parts?

Mike Huckabee. He's made the most absurd arguments yet, even more so than Trump, who was given a softball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom